2016 Ford Edge Titanium or 2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve?

Having considered both I'm still feeling spending $10,000 more for the MKX Reserve with Sync 3 instead of the upcoming 2016 EDGE w/Sync 3

I'd like to hear your opinions on the value or not.

Technology in each.

Quality in each

What I'm looking to hear is my future buy of the MKX worth the extra money if they are closely the same instead of body shape?

Your opinion is worthy to hear.

Thanks

Having considered both I'm still feeling spending $10,000 more for the MKX Reserve with Sync 3 instead of the upcoming 2016 EDGE w/Sync 3

Technology in each.

Quality in each

What I'm looking to hear is my future buy of the MKX worth the extra money if they are closely the same instead of body shape?

Your opinion is worthy to hear.

Thanks

Iggy- I just sent you a PM tis morning asking if I ever sent my answer to you? I found a reply in Draft email that I wrote back on Jan. 8th! Sorry. I PMd my reply.

Edited by Dedonut

Technology in each.

Quality in each

Quality and technology are the same. They are built in the same assembly plant on the same productions line. The biggest differences are the small exterior differences and the interior materials. The seating material and design are different. Dash trim is different, knobs are different, but the layout of the dash is nearly the same.

Will you get $10K additional back when you trade it in ? HIGHLY UNLIKELY !! Probably less than $5k at trade in. Edited by theoldwizard

It really comes down to how much you prefer the styling of one over the other and whether you like the additional features on the MKX that much better than the Edge.

I prefer Lincolns but have bought Fords the last 2 times because it wasn't worth the price difference to me. And we'll likely be buying a 2016 Edge instead of a MKX for the same reason. A loaded Titanium has everything I want.

• Like 1

It really comes down to how much you prefer the styling of one over the other and whether you like the additional features on the MKX that much better than the Edge.

It does come down to preference and I believe there's a big difference in interior quality. So ... what do you want to look at? You may not get all your money back but some of it was exchanged for quality and enjoyment while you have it. If it was all about buying the cheapest model for the price, they would only make one. There are no pockets in shrouds. Enjoy your MKX, Iggy, today's the day you get it. Tomorrow is my day. :-)

Thanks Dedonut.

Yes we are heading over to the dealer this afternoon to see and drive my MKX. No firm price set yet so it will be a few hours of chit chat. lol

Have you asked them about the X-Plan? Also, I think it was Kirby who said about $500. over invoice is fair plus you can try to negotiate the document fee if that looks high.

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm

I don't have a X-Plan number so I guess I can't get it.

I know they have $500 incentive but I have a few more things up my sleeve.
They only took $750 off msrp plus the Ford Conquest money which is -$500.

That won't get it for me so it may be a long afternoon.

I want at least $2,500 off MSRP as that seems what is going on around the country.

Any magic ideas?

I don't have a X-Plan number so I guess I can't get it.

I know they have $500 incentive but I have a few more things up my sleeve.

They only took $750 off msrp plus the Ford Conquest money which is -$500.

That won't get it for me so it may be a long afternoon.

I want at least $2,500 off MSRP as that seems what is going on around the country.

Any magic ideas?

Can only tell you of my experience. I was set to do X-Plan but I asked my sales rep to print out the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) for me. My MSRP was $59,735.-1250 incentives . loaded w/everything except padded rear seat belts, tow package and enhanced security. X-Plan was $56,185.77. They gave it to me for invoice of $55,577.31.

Can only tell you of my experience. I was set to do X-Plan but I asked my sales rep to print out the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) for me. My MSRP was $59,735.-1250 incentives . loaded w/everything except padded rear seat belts, tow package and enhanced security. X-Plan was $56,185.77. They gave it to me for invoice of $55,577.31.

How much did they charge for the doc fee? And did you still get the $1250 incentive on top of that price?

Funny thing happened at the Lincoln dealer today.

Drove up and was greeted by my sales person and headed to the desk to finalize the deal.

I wanted to see and drive my car first before finalizing the deal.

Went out side and they showed me my car but something wasn't right.
It looked like my MKX but it has 21" tires and different rims. So I asked and they told me that is what it came with.

I told them it wasn't my MKX as the MSRP was $51,500 and mine was $47,615

After a moment they doubled checked and this MKX Vin had a VIN# with the last digit different than mine. It was a 7 instead of 6.

Boy were they embarrassed after they checked their documents.
So I asked lets go find my MKX and we found it in the back yard just like it came off the truck on Wednesday.

So we went inside and finalized the deal which worked out great for us.

We got $2,000 off MSRP and $500 off for incentive. $2,500 off MSRP was a good number for us being it was Job #2 with Sync 3.

I did have them throw in for free the rubber bumper scratch guard with MKX logo.

The bad part is now we have to wait until Monday to get it setup and ready for delivery.

So 3 more days until I get it.

They also added that any scheduled maintenance they will drive a flatbed to my house and drop off a loaner and take mine in service. I do live about 20 miles away. I said this isn't a Black Label MKX which is part of the Black Label cars.
They said they do this with all New Lincoln owners. WOW! Wasn't expecting that.
Even if I drop it off for the FREE 2 year service they will give me a loaner car even for 1 or 2 hours.

Now that is service more than I ever expected.

FYI Dealer is Sanderson Ford Lincoln and a local family owned operation here in Phoenix.

How much did they charge for the doc fee? And did you still get the $1250 incentive on top of that price?

Doc fee was $80. and I actually got $2,250 in incentives. I misspoke when I said $1,250. The contract states: The agreed upon value of the vehicle, as equipped, at the time of signing the lease is: $55,350. The incentives and my down washed out costs like the capitalized cost reduction, Reg & Acquisition fees, title fees, etc. Keep in mind that I'm leasing not buying.

Thanks Dedonut for thinking about me.

Well yesterday was a wonderful day. Blue sky's and not a worry in the world.

Was at the dealer by 10AM to pickup my MKX. No problems and drove it home.
It's sad I can't add any pictures here but did on the Facebook MKX page.
Today and tomorrow have planned 2 trips. Today will only be around 100 miles and tomorrow 250 miles.

So I figure at highway speeds I will get accustom driving my new MKX. I guess I will let the DW drive a bit. lol

I have the phone hooked up as well as my home wifi.

Now I still have a few things I still have to learn and checkout.

Question: Does the 3.7L transmission have a dip stick? Dealer and I were unable to find one.
Maybe this transmission is a sealed system?

Today and tomorrow have planned 2 trips. Today will only be around 100 miles and tomorrow 250 miles.

So I figure at highway speeds I will get accustom driving my new MKX. I guess I will let the DW drive a bit. lol

Question: Does the 3.7L transmission have a dip stick? Dealer and I were unable to find one.

No transmissions are sealed even if they don't have a dipstick. I'm sure it does though - you must have overlooked it when you read the owner's manual cover to cover last night. :)

LOL re: dip stick. I'm sure it must but I would only care about one if it had an app and was accessible on-screen! And LOL re: Kirby and reading the manual cover to cover. Think I'll wait until they make it into a movie. Actually, they have, in a way. Lots of videos on how things work.

I took my 2016 MKX with Sync 3 on a 250 mile road trip yesterday.
The 3.7L has plenty of HP and torque as I cruised west bound on I-10 towards LA.
On a straight stretch where the speed limit was 75 mph I opened her up was a short jog to 105 mph.

I shut it down but it the 3.7L still had plenty left but I had 2 passengers and didn't want them to slap me behind the head while driving.

Smooth, quiet and very stable what comes to mine. After a few more miles under its belt and alone I plan to see what top end is.

But for now I'm very happy especially with the Sync 3 and the cars style. When we stopped at a rest stop we had 6 people take a look and wanted to know what it was.
I showed them a few features like the tail gate open and close with your foot as well as the push button control. Al they said was WOW!
I know they probably didn't know these feature have been around awhile but it was fun showing them my new baby.

• Like 1

I'm glad you decided on the MKX. Was pretty sure you'd like it. Features may be similar on the Edge but the MKX is top quality. Re: opening it up ... what part of 105mph isn't enough? Want you around to post on the forum! And if they spot you, it'll be more than a ticket. You'll be in the county 'hotel' unable to drive your 'baby'. :-)

• 1 month later...

Well we were pretty set on a 2016 Edge Titanium until we saw the 2016 MKX Black Label at the Atlanta auto show. Wife really liked the upgraded interior and seats (including the non black label version). So now we're leaning towards the MKX Reserve. Still need to drive both to decide. Really like the Luxe Metallic which isn't available on the Edge.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...