2015 Ford $70,000 retirement incentive

Kevin Lore

Does anybody know the total number of retirement packages production and skill trades awarded? Seems like an excess number of packages were not used from the original contract allocation. Not all skill trades people were eligible for incentive. Can't believe the union was willing to give back these unused packages and tell 1/2 the trades SORRY!!!!

Here's the info I've received from where I'm at.................. 4000 production buy-out were available and 1400 were used............... 200 skilled were available and 267 were used........... Yes, that mwans they added 67 more for trades............. Don't know how accurate this is, just got info for local chair........... Oh, and I got one.............. Trades............ Thank you very much.........

Thanks for the info. I guess I got to learn to enjoy my big bowl of sour grapes. Did not get a ticket on the skill trades retirement incentive bus. Lost a few years seniority due to layoff in late 70's/early 80's. Dropped me below the 1977 cutoff date.

Here's the info I've received from where I'm at.................. 4000 production buy-out were available and 1400 were used............... 200 skilled were available and 267 were used........... Yes, that mwans they added 67 more for trades............. Don't know how accurate this is, just got info for local chair........... Oh, and I got

Thanks for the info. I guess I got to learn to enjoy my big bowl of sour grapes. Did not get a ticket on the skill trades retirement incentive bus. Lost a few years seniority due to layoff in late 70's/early 80's. Dropped me below the 1977 cutoff date.

we had several 91/92 sen get it (trades)

What was their Ford service date? Maybe they had production time that took them to the cutoff.

that was their ford svc date

trades time was the same(hired in off street)

one was welder.

those three were added in of the 67 if that helps but year, 91/92

Edited by dark270

Management said they couldn't lose the trades. My reply was that they could let us go and bring on new apprentices to train. Giving opportunity to the people that want to move from production. They would then be able to hire a person and accomplish their quota of progressive employees. Win-Win for the old farts plus give opportunity to the younger crowd!!!

WOW........... We had skilled with more then 30 that did not get it Electricians......... and M/W's with 20+ didn't either.......

yup as did we, and they went by ford svc date not trades we had guys with 35years trades time but lost out due to el with 40 years total time but only 22 years trades time, same class.

well thats what u get with this crap!

Management said they couldn't lose the trades. My reply was that they could let us go and bring on new apprentices to train. Giving opportunity to the people that want to move from production. They would then be able to hire a person and accomplish their quota of progressive employees. Win-Win for the old farts plus give opportunity to the younger crowd!!!

dude it take most apprentices 4 years plus to train just be decent, they cant just let u go then bring in apprentices ? and apprentices cant take journeymen spots

dude it take most apprentices 4 years plus to train just be decent, they cant just let u go then bring in apprentices ? and apprentices cant take journeymen spots

True, however if they want to offer incentives to tradesmen to retire, how about bringing in some more apprentices? The IRCP classes are a start for sure, but what about the people who have already been on the wait list for years already? Why can't the just take some of them?

True, however if they want to offer incentives to tradesmen to retire, how about bringing in some more apprentices? The IRCP classes are a start for sure, but what about the people who have already been on the wait list for years already? Why can't the just take some of them?

they are, i sat on list for 18 years plus in the contract they are putting on 1200 over the life of the contract(4 years)

How many people are already on that list?

i was put on the list the summer of '96 then waited, went thru 3 plants (2 closures and one sale) bounced from dearborn/saline then my current temporary home, will return to z1 soon, as far as how many on the list? in 96 was 117 but for old closed plant, once ur on the list it DOES transfer with you, cause its iuaw thing

i was put on the list the summer of '96 then waited, went thru 3 plants (2 closures and one sale) bounced from dearborn/saline then my current temporary home, will return to z1 soon, as far as how many on the list? in 96 was 117 but for old closed plant, once ur on the list it DOES transfer with you, cause its iuaw thing

Ya I figure by the time I'd get close to the top of that list I'll be damn near 65.

very true for some, but i hired in kinda young at age 22, so is all good. but for some other not so good

Congrats for that.

I got hired in already broken.

I'm liking this tuition assitance though. Hopefully one day I can be out of here and not have to worry about that list.