NOT YET - See Update in last MSG - 1st 2016 MKX with Sync3

IggyAZ

Hi All

As some of you may have know I have been looking for my MKX and my local dealer found one here in Arizona with window sticker build date of Nov 24,2015 but other data says it was built Dec 4, 2015
It has the Sync 3. I went with the SELECT with the 101A features because I didn't want the moon roof. But I did get everything I wanted.

What I can tell it must have been put on the train quickly and delivered here in Arizona in record time.

Specs:

FWR , V-6 (regular gas)

Ruby Red with clearcoat
Upgraded Cappuccino leather seats both driver and passenger 10 way power

All the rest of the standard features.

It has the Climate optional package which is heated mirrors, steering wheel etc.

I also got the Navigational Package.

Anyway it has to be driven in from Lake Havasu Arizona which is about 200 miles away.

Got a fair deal with a few incentives and we are happy.

Pictures coming soon.

Iggy in the cool part of Arizona.

Edited by IggyAZ

Hi All

As some of you may have know I have been looking for my MKX and my local dealer found one here in Arizona with window sticker build date of Nov 24,2015.

It has the Sync 3. I went with the SELECT with the 101A features because I didn't want the moon roof. But I did get everything I wanted.

Specs:

FWR , V-6 (regular gas)

Ruby Red with clearcoat

It has the Climate optional package which is heated mirrors, steering wheel etc.

Anyway it has to be driven in from Lake Havasu Arizona which is about 200 miles away.

Pictures coming soon.

Awesome! Congrats!

Hi All

As some of you may have know I have been looking for my MKX and my local dealer found one here in Arizona with window sticker build date of Nov 24,2015 but other data says it was built Dec 4, 2015

What I can tell it must have been put on the train quickly and delivered here in Arizona in record time.

Specs:

FWR , V-6 (regular gas)

Ruby Red with clearcoat

Pictures coming soon.

Nice going. Ruby Red is a good looking color. I thought about that for quite awhile. Too bad you can't go with the driver and drive it back yourself. :-)

2016 MKX with Sync 3 UPDATE from Dealer - Friday Dec 11.2015

Well after a few days the dealer called and we hope they had the car from the other dealership and ready for pickup.

He said we thought the car arrived at the other dealership 200 miles north of me.

In actuality the car was still in transit by train and has not arrived. LOL

He is now trying to get the train to drop it off here in Phoenix and says it should be here before Christmas. Let's hope or my wife is going to be totally pissed.

So bare with me folks on the ongoing saga of the 2016 MKX with Sync 3 trying to make it to the warm state of Arizona. LOL

2016 MKX with Sync 3 UPDATE from Dealer - Friday Dec 11.2015

Well after a few days the dealer called and we hope they had the car from the other dealership and ready for pickup.

He said we thought the car arrived at the other dealership 200 miles north of me.

In actuality the car was still in transit by train and has not arrived. LOL

He is now trying to get the train to drop it off here in Phoenix and says it should be here before Christmas. Let's hope or my wife is going to be totally pissed.

So bare with me folks on the ongoing saga of the 2016 MKX with Sync 3 trying to make it to the warm state of Arizona. LOL

This is about trucks and has been around awhile but I believe it also applies to cars. If you can get the info from your dealer, you can find out just where your vehicle is right now.

http://www.raptorforumz.com/threads/how-to-track-your-truck-by-rail-car-see-inside.13007/

• 3 weeks later...

Now the question is what price will they sell me my MKX?

Many people say try to find out invoice price and go below that.

Anyone have experiences on how to get a good price so the sales person doesn't starve and still can send his kids to college. lol

Your thoughts?

I might start a new thread on negotiating a good deal.

Edited by IggyAZ

Anywhere from dealer invoice to $500 over invoice is a fair deal for both parties.

But be aware true dealer invoice includes the advertising fee which is around $400. It varies a little by location. This is not included in the online dealer invoice listings on kbb or edmunds, etc. so add $400 to those prices to get the approximate true dealer invoice.

And don't forget to include the doc fee in your negotiation. That's added profit and can vary from $100 to $700 depending on the dealer.

Thanks

I never thought Doc Fee could be negotiated. Hummm.

Learn from this forum every day.

OK So my 2016 MKX arrives
1. I won't pay the MSRP.

2. I will ask for the dealer Invoice Price and offer $100 less.

3. I tell them I won't pay doc fees.

Gee by this time if they don't throw me out yet I should have them eating out of my hand. ;):clapping:

Edited by IggyAZ

No. The MKX was ordered by the dealer and not me.
They posted it on their website prior to delivery and all I said is I want first crack at it next week.

The Internet Guy basically put my name on it to drive.

We will then negotiate the final price after I see it and drive it.

Aha

So, how much wiggle room do I have? All discussions have been centered around X plan pricing which I've done before with this dealer. The car will come in and I'll decide if I like it. It's a color I haven't seen yet on this model. Can I negotiate anything down from X plan and incentives (which end 1/4), e.g., the doc fee, or try to get a better deal than X plan? We talked about X plan pricing but nothing has been signed.

If you have access to X plan pricing then that's pretty much set in stone. You might be able to negotiate a tiny bit lower but not much.

Thanks, I'll tell them I don't want to pay the doc fee (at least all of it) and see where that goes. Will let you know if I have any luck. The car was supposed to be in between the 27th and 31st but apparently has been released but not yet shipped. I'm having to extend my Lexus lease so it's costing me money for every month I have to keep it. They're aware of that but I'll remind them.