My 2016 Transit Connect arrived in Port Hueneme, CA.

Towd

I ordered my 2016 Transit Connect from Orange Co. Calif. on 8/2/2015, I didn't get the VIN # until 10/6/2015 the day it shipped from the plant. It was on ship 10/25/15. I checked the dealer today 12/7/2015 and he said it is at Port Hueneme Calif. So is this something new that it doesn't go to Maryland?

See how easily you can get misled anything I ever read they talk about the Transit Connect coming into the USA via Maryland Port. I must have missed any posts that mentioned Port Hueneme . One post even mentioned coming into Maryland then taking the train to California. I wonder if they'll ship it by truck or train from Port Hueneme. It's been over four months can't wait.

If you ordered a wagon, it doesn't need to be modified so it ships straight to the nearest port, which would be Port Hueneme.

The cargo van needs to have its window busted out and replaced with steel panel and seats removed so I think it does go to the East Coast first. Or perhaps Ford now has two such facilities to convert the vans, one on each coast. Who knows

I ordered my LWB TC van 6/23/15 and it just arrived in New Jersey 12/11/15. Dealer says another two weeks to reach Minnesota via rail. I'm waiting patiently for my Ford "Global" van assembled in Spain with a French made tranny and engine made in Mexico or the US.

Ford called and I pickUp my 2016 Transit Connect XLT SWB MYFORD touch / Leather seats / 16" Alloy Wheels / Swing out rear doors . so thats 8-2-2015 to 12-14-2015 I'm happy now.

That looks great. The SWB TC look better in my opinion. The LWB TC proportion is a bit off... like a corgi puppy.