we could have done a lot better!

superjake

Because why dumbass? Because I built my own home! Just saying why take the first offer? I'll break it down for your dumb ass! Does an auctioneer take first offer? No! I answered for you to Prevent awareness of your stupidity! So why as ford UAW employees always take first offer? You aren't smart enough to know there is a second? FCA got a second chance didn't they? What a joke this UAW has become!

Because why dumbass? Because I built my own home! Just saying why take the first offer? I'll break it down for your dumb ass! Does an auctioneer take first offer? No! I answered for you to Prevent awareness of your stupidity! So why as ford UAW employees always take first offer? You aren't smart enough to know there is a second? FCA got a second chance didn't they? What a joke this UAW has become!

Yes, the auctioner does take the first offer if there's no better one. FCA didn't get anything substantial, so if you voted no hoping to get 500 more on your bonus I'm not sure why you're so angry.

You have to realize that taking the "first offer" from the third company bargaining IS NOT the same as the taking the first offer from the lead company. Chrysler low balled the first offer, with lower pay for the second tier. It was voted down, and Chrysler came back with their best offer, which was passed. GM goes next and uses pattern bargaining to match all pay rates with Chrysler, but doesn't offer early retirement for skilled trades, who vote it down, with hourly passing it. Ford watches all of this and adjusts what its' best offer will be. It matches all pay rates, gives $500 more than GM's signing bonus (with $1,500 in pull ahead profit sharing) and offers 10k more than GM to BOTH hourly and skilled trades for early retirement. Even though it was technically their "first offer", the terms were modified as Chrysler and GM bargained. In a pattern agreement, Ford duplicates the other 2 companies terms for pay and work rules, then can offer whatever they want in bonuses. We were NEVER getting higher pay than the other 2, or COLA back when they didn't get it. We were NEVER getting a shorter term for second tier to max out than the other 2. We would be risking a strike to get more bonus money, or more plant and product commitments, which they could have reduced to give us more bonus money. We got some things back and got the second tier a brighter future with a finite date for getting max pay. It was by no means perfect, but we made gains and will try to get more next time. In 4 years things could be slowing down and they might not have the same profits to share with us. This is the nature of the business. Budget your signing bonus like it was a bigger raise or COLA. They will always give more bonus money over higher top wages, which costs them more every work week than a one time bonus check. This simply was their best offer and they knew how much bonus to give to get a probable YES vote. With some questionable Rouge Complex / DTP goings on, they got their YES vote. We could have done A LOT WORSE!

• Like 2

You have to realize that taking the "first offer" from the third company bargaining IS NOT the same as the taking the first offer from the lead company. Chrysler low balled the first offer, with lower pay for the second tier. It was voted down, and Chrysler came back with their best offer, which was passed. GM goes next and uses pattern bargaining to match all pay rates with Chrysler, but doesn't offer early retirement for skilled trades, who vote it down, with hourly passing it. Ford watches all of this and adjusts what its' best offer will be. It matches all pay rates, gives $500 more than GM's signing bonus (with $1,500 in pull ahead profit sharing) and offers 10k more than GM to BOTH hourly and skilled trades for early retirement. Even though it was technically their "first offer", the terms were modified as Chrysler and GM bargained. In a pattern agreement, Ford duplicates the other 2 companies terms for pay and work rules, then can offer whatever they want in bonuses. We were NEVER getting higher pay than the other 2, or COLA back when they didn't get it. We were NEVER getting a shorter term for second tier to max out than the other 2. We would be risking a strike to get more bonus money, or more plant and product commitments, which they could have reduced to give us more bonus money. We got some things back and got the second tier a brighter future with a finite date for getting max pay. It was by no means perfect, but we made gains and will try to get more next time. In 4 years things could be slowing down and they might not have the same profits to share with us. This is the nature of the business. Budget your signing bonus like it was a bigger raise or COLA. They will always give more bonus money over higher top wages, which costs them more every work week than a one time bonus check. This simply was their best offer and they knew how much bonus to give to get a probable YES vote. With some questionable Rouge Complex / DTP goings on, they got their YES vote. We could have done A LOT WORSE!

Wrong.......... To start with, Skilled didn't pass GM contract because they were going to cut trade classifications and combine the rest, (had nothing to do with buy-outs)..... That's why trades turned it down. Estrada ( Union side) said it was economic issue and wanted to Throw trade vote out.......... Williams stop her, they looked at it for about a week, didn't "toss" as many trades down the toilet and did exactly the same thing.... Patting themselves on the back for FIXING IT........ Trades was looking out for themselves, because with combined trades there will be a layoff...... and when The Union got to Ford, they pulled combining of TRADES out of the contract............The issue at GM now is that "production" has now voted on a Skilled Trade issue, and passed the contract. GM will combine Trades and have a Trade layoff, and you will never see it in the paper..........

• Like 1

Wrong.......... To start with, Skilled didn't pass GM contract because they were going to cut trade classifications and combine the rest, (had nothing to do with buy-outs)..... That's why trades turned it down. Estrada ( Union side) said it was economic issue and wanted to Throw trade vote out.......... Williams stop her, they looked at it for about a week, didn't "toss" as many trades down the toilet and did exactly the same thing.... Patting themselves on the back for FIXING IT........ Trades was looking out for themselves, because with combined trades there will be a layoff...... and when The Union got to Ford, they pulled combining of TRADES out of the contract............The issue at GM now is that "production" has now voted on a Skilled Trade issue, and passed the contract. GM will combine Trades and have a Trade layoff, and you will never see it in the paper..........

Same thing happened to trades with the 2011 contact at Chrysler.

Our votes don't matter anymore.

• Like 2

Same thing happened to trades with the 2011 contact at Chrysler.

Our votes don't matter anymore.

I was going to respond with a sexually orientated reference to the voters that do count but.... I`ll refrain from bringing up the bone. (being reserve, new path for the old long hair...)

• Like 1

...Now all you have to do is build your own Company and you won't have to worry about Union Contracts! Your need to question everyone's intelligence who does not agree with you only speaks volumes regarding your own abilities. You idiotic statements lack any logic!