tracking

Doodle

That's certainly true in my case, although I'm really excited, it's like being a kid on Christmas morning...

That's one reason I like ordering. I'm very impatient, but the excitement leading up to the day you get the call from your dealer is all part of the fun.

Well, my edge went from "mechanical failure" tracking status to sitting in my parking space in less than 24 hours. I knew it would happen like that, dealer calls and says "your car is here. Come pick it up." Not their fault but it would have been nicer to have a tiny bit of advance notice. Five weeks and five days from order to delivery. Not bad.

• Like 1

Well, my edge went from "mechanical failure" tracking status to sitting in my parking space in less than 24 hours. I knew it would happen like that, dealer calls and says "your car is here. Come pick it up." Not their fault but it would have been nicer to have a tiny bit of advance notice. Five weeks and five days from order to delivery. Not bad.

Congrats! Actually, less than 6 weeks is pretty quick.

BTW, we need pics! :camera::camera:

• Like 1

I'm thinking the same thing here. Just got off the phone with my salesman. The car could show up any day now. Already have plans for tomorrow (company's annual summer picnic), watch them call me just as we're leaving for it! Congratulations on your new car, and yes, let's see pics!

• Like 1

Hey there. I know my car is built...just looking to see when it will be shipped out of the dealer.

The vin is

2FMPK4AP5GBB96730

Thanks

Steve

Vehicle was built on the 7th. I don't know where Thornhill is in reference to Oakville, but your Edge hasn't shipped yet and the ETA to your dealer is the 15th.

Vehicle was built on the 7th. I don't know where Thornhill is in reference to Oakville, but your Edge hasn't shipped yet and the ETA to your dealer is the 15th.

Opposite side of Toronto. Might be a secondary rail yard that way.

Hey there....I called Ford Customer Service and they were useless!!!

I am leaving town next week and was trying to see if my car was delivered yet so I can pick it up before leaving the Country for 2 weeks.

Any chance of you can see if it was delivered to the dealership for me please! Again the vin is the same one above

Thanks so much...you guys are lifesavers

Steve

One curious question :

What kind of journey will my Edge take from Oakville to my dealer in San Jose, California ? Is it a direct train trip or a multi hop journey via car carriers etc. where it will trickle down a tree/chain of distributors/dealers and other middlemen ?

And how long does it take typically ?

Edited by luxpow

Hey there....I called Ford Customer Service and they were useless!!!

I am leaving town next week and was trying to see if my car was delivered yet so I can pick it up before leaving the Country for 2 weeks.

Any chance of you can see if it was delivered to the dealership for me please! Again the vin is the same one above

Thanks so much...you guys are lifesavers

Steve

It was built on the 7th and still hasn't shipped. ETA disposition says it's pending update. There is a hold on your vehicle for some reason.

It was built on the 7th and still hasn't shipped. ETA disposition says it's pending update. There is a hold on your vehicle for some reason.

Just to keep this forum up to date...I called the dealership and asked what the hold is and they said it is that the are waiting for a BULK delivery....I'm not sure how long that normally is but I guess that depends on how busy the dealership is.

Steve

Just to keep this forum up to date...I called the dealership and asked what the hold is and they said it is that the are waiting for a BULK delivery....I'm not sure how long that normally is but I guess that depends on how busy the dealership is.

Steve

You could ask the dealer to "hot ship" the car. They, within a couple of days transport the vehicle to the dealer. I'm surprised they didn't offer to do this.

What are possible reasons for which an ETA can become TBD ?

ETA for my car has been moving later and later and then to TBD as of yesterday.

I dont want to be a pest bothering the good folks at Ford on Twitter and Facebook.