Incentives Question

With the Friends and Family pricing, it looks like Ford has reduced retail cash on the 2016 from $500 to $250 (unless your finance through FMCC and get their $250 bonus cash).

I ordered my Explorer on Oct 21 under the old incentive program; does FMC still honor the program when the vehicle was ordered, or does it now strictly go by contract/buyer's order date?

Thanks.

Thanks for the replies. It's been awhile since I had ordered from Ford.

I've got X-plan pricing, so the current pricing offer won't do anything for me. I have EAA X-Plan bionus cash and figured it will help keep the doc fees in line under the x plan as well.

Not expecting the vehicle until sometime in December- so maybe there's a small chance they'd 'enhance' the retail cash by then. That or I could play the FMCC finance/payoff game as I planned to pay cash.

If you special order, I've heard of some dealers honoring incentives that were available at the time of order.

I'd remembered that from the last time I ordered. Dealers here seem to have ordered all the Limiteds with sunroofs....must have been the push for the Region or something....

I'm going to guess that probably won't happen with the x-plan.

Dealers can lock in your rebates at time of placing your order but it must be requested as Akirby stated.

If you lock them in, they are good till delivery time. If the rebates are better at time of delivery, you can get those instead.

What you can't do is lets say the rebates were $1,000 at time of order. Two weeks later they go up to $1,500 and then 4 weeks later they drop to $500 prior to delivery You can't continue to stack rebates. It's either the $1,000 at time of order locked in or $500, you can't claim the $1,500.

Here is a copy of the protection plan from 2012. Sorry I don't have a current copy but Ford still does this and the dealer can still lock them in using the email address or phone number listed.

IncentiveProtection_000001_zps24ed866f.j

Edited by blwnsmoke
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info. So it's a deal-by-deal lock in if I understand correctly, and if the dealer didn't lock in at the same time they ordered the unit, you're probably SOL. You'd think the dealer would do that automatically on all orders, even if just in the interest of customer satisfaction. I'll ask 'em, but will be surprised if they did.

Thanks for the info. So it's a deal-by-deal lock in if I understand correctly, and if the dealer didn't lock in at the same time they ordered the unit, you're probably SOL. You'd think the dealer would do that automatically on all orders, even if just in the interest of customer satisfaction. I'll ask 'em, but will be surprised if they did.

Yep. Amazingly most dealers/salespeople don't know about the program. It used to be restricted to certain dealers but I think they opened it up to most if not all dealers a couple of years ago. I think they should just make it standard for all orders (which was the case in Canada for many years now).