I found and bought my car

Ford MKZ

I located this MKZ over 3 months ago. 2013 with Light Dune interior, option package 102a,13K miles. I went buy the dealer the other night with my wife to ask her opinion on colors. I liked both the white and red ones they had and figured that after them sitting on them 4+ months they might be more motivated to sell.

I lowered my offer from 26K (3 months ago) to 25K (they were now asking 26.9K), the sales person came back and split it at 26K. I came up 500 to 25.5K and stuck to my guns. After some minutes of debate the GSM came over and said he'd give me it for 25.5 but drom the certification, I stood up and told my wife it was time to leave.

He asked me to stay and wanted me to come up just 500 more, "after all it's only 500." I said exactly, you've been sitting on this car for 4+ months and we are $500 away from a deal and your willing to let me walk. He put his hand out and said, we have a deal at 25.5K.

I'm a happy man, and I pick the car up on Saturday. I didn't have the free time to get it tomorrow and they want to detail it again before I take it off the lot.

The car is in as close to mint condition as I can imagine, minus 1 hairline scratch on the front bumper that may come out with a good buff anyway. The test drive went well and all systems worked.

I'll give a full review once I drive her on my own a little while. I'm not so impressed with the THXII audio system at this point but I've yet to fine tune it to my liking.

Thoughts opinions on my deal or car package color combo are welcome.

I should have added it came with the 2.0 ecoboost engine

Edited by Ford MKZ

I located this MKZ over 3 months ago. 2013 with Light Dune interior, option package 102a,13K miles. I went buy the dealer the other night with my wife to ask her opinion on colors. I liked both the white and red ones they had and figured that after them sitting on them 4+ months they might be more motivated to sell.

I lowered my offer from 26K (3 months ago) to 25K (they were now asking 26.9K), the sales person came back and split it at 26K. I came up 500 to 25.5K and stuck to my guns. After some minutes of debate the GSM came over and said he'd give me it for 25.5 but drom the certification, I stood up and told my wife it was time to leave.

Congratulations. I think the 2.0 turbo is very responsive! I picked up my MKZ a week ago. Great car!

He asked me to stay and wanted me to come up just 500 more, "after all it's only 500." I said exactly, you've been sitting on this car for 4+ months and we are $500 away from a deal and your willing to let me walk. He put his hand out and said, we have a deal at 25.5K.

I'm a happy man, and I pick the car up on Saturday. I didn't have the free time to get it tomorrow and they want to detail it again before I take it off the lot.

The car is in as close to mint condition as I can imagine, minus 1 hairline scratch on the front bumper that may come out with a good buff anyway. The test drive went well and all systems worked.

I'll give a full review once I drive her on my own a little while. I'm not so impressed with the THXII audio system at this point but I've yet to fine tune it to my liking.

Thoughts opinions on my deal or car package color combo are welcome.

I should have added it came with the 2.0 ecoboost engine