Tiered Pay

electrofomoco

Have to disagree......... In 2007 top "Life benefit Income" was raised to $54.30............ So if you're a "tradesman" you can't get anymore then that. A 3% raise in pay, does not increase your benefit if you are already at the top. I feel if a person has given up 12 years of money (cola and pay raise)........... the least The Union could do is increase the "Life Income Benefit" so when they leave they have something to show for what they gave up.........

Agreed, the top end of the life benefit income is $54, just used that number in general reference. In most cases, except group leaders all the production members will see some increase in the life income benefit. The close to 6% will push all of the production members up the ladder. If the brackets haven`t been changed, that is.

I totally agree with you on the getting something for the 12 years of give backs if nothing else return the yearly off set of out of pocket expences that was taken back during the hard times. This off set was commonly referred to as their Christmas bonus, more or less because it was issued in the second week in December.

We will see just what Jimmy brings us. You ever notice all the "us" and "them" and "we" and "they" that are used when the IUAW speaks of the membership?

Decker

Edited by Decker

I am quoting from another page ................."In spite of the monumental profitability of the FCA, most of the HARD SACRIFICES made by the "Traditional" members have seemingly gone unappreciated and unequated into the terms of this Tentative Agreement. How much of what my Traditional Brothers and Sisters have GIVEN UP is being RIGHTFULLY RETURNED TO YOU?????????............. That's where that pat on the back and SEE YA don't work for me............... People in that boat paid their debt......... It's time for that debt to be paid back............They are close to retirement, add to the "Life Income Benefit"..............

I am quoting from another page ................."In spite of the monumental profitability of the FCA, most of the HARD SACRIFICES made by the "Traditional" members have seemingly gone unappreciated and unequated into the terms of this Tentative Agreement. How much of what my Traditional Brothers and Sisters have GIVEN UP is being RIGHTFULLY RETURNED TO YOU?????????............. That's where that pat on the back and SEE YA don't work for me............... People in that boat paid their debt......... It's time for that debt to be paid back............They are close to retirement, add to the "Life Income Benefit"..............

Pablo and the rest of his UAW Mexican brothers and sisters say, "legacy gringo's it could always be worse the only thing our legacy workers are getting is a warm cerveza and a cold beef burrito"...

Pablo and the rest of his UAW Mexican brothers and sisters say, "legacy gringo's it could always be worse the only thing our legacy workers are getting is a warm cerveza and a cold beef burrito"...

You're right "Pablo"...............and that's the problem............Turning their back on legacy employees when they can't give anymore is not how you keep people in the union, and that's not how you attract new members...........

You're right "Pablo"...............and that's the problem............Turning their back on legacy employees when they can't give anymore is not how you keep people in the union, and that's not how you attract new members...........

The membership has spoken and we (IUAW) have listened...

Why not just do what they do for the Canadian workers?

Do you know how long it takes to get to full rate in Canada? 10 years, and you start at 60% for 3 years. Then you get 65%, after 4 years 70%, after 6 years 75%, after 7 years 80%, after 8 years 85%, after 9 years 90%, full base rate after 10 years. By that time you will be known as Gray Beard moomoo. I do not think anyone has hired under this because of the number of people laid off due to plant closings. Taken from Article 24 of the Ford Canada National Agreement 2012.

Do you know how long it takes to get to full rate in Canada? 10 years, and you start at 60% for 3 years. Then you get 65%, after 4 years 70%, after 6 years 75%, after 7 years 80%, after 8 years 85%, after 9 years 90%, full base rate after 10 years. By that time you will be known as Gray Beard moomoo. I do not think anyone has hired under this because of the number of people laid off due to plant closings. Taken from Article 24 of the Ford Canada National Agreement 2012.

34 is hardly a grey beard. That's how old I would be had I hired in under that system, and I would gladly take it.

34 is hardly a grey beard. That's how old I would be had I hired in under that system, and I would gladly take it.

It's bullshit though. It shouldn't be 10 years there because the companies have no health care liability for employees, not a direct one anyway.

All this nonsense was put into place to receive bailouts. Now that those are over, the bail out stipulations need to go.

It's bullshit though. It shouldn't be 10 years there because the companies have no health care liability for employees, not a direct one anyway.

All this nonsense was put into place to receive bailouts. Now that those are over, the bail out stipulations need to go.

Caustic,

Let me get this right, You don't like this contract proposal to the members of fca BUT you liked the 1st one and would have voted yes on it if that same proposal was presented to you???

Edited by Downtime1

Caustic,

Let me get this right, You don't like this contract proposal to the members of fca BUT you liked the 1st one and would have voted yes on it if that same proposal was presented to you???

It appeared as first to be good, after reading it a few times over and reading contracts from the past I have changed my opinion. Also take the poster here 10yearsNoSeniority.

I don't think that it is right that he has been working for that long and still would have to wait for his top pay.

Also think legacy workers should get the full 6% increase up front.

Sometimes a knee jerk reaction is bad and it takes time to fully digest something.

• Like 1

It appeared as first to be good, after reading it a few times over and reading contracts from the past I have changed my opinion. Also take the poster here 10yearsNoSeniority.

I don't think that it is right that he has been working for that long and still would have to wait for his top pay.

Sometimes a knee jerk reaction is bad and it takes time to fully digest something.

Just remember this when it comes to our contract...

You guys just need to quit!!!!!

Nobody hires you and pays you top pay right away !

They way you 2nd Tier employees bitch , they should make it 15 years til you get to top pay and you should be required to write a letter to all 1st Tier Thanking them for your job!!!

You guys just need to quit!!!!!

Nobody hires you and pays you top pay right away !

They way you 2nd Tier employees bitch , they should make it 15 years til you get to top pay and you should be required to write a letter to all 1st Tier Thanking them for your job!!!

Shut the fuck up cock sucker.

You got top pay for whatever contract you were in during three years. The next contract had a raise, you obtained it in 3 years. Whatever top pay was relaive to that contract, 3 years. Numbers kept going up, three years. Wage freeze, tier 2, now tier 1 says fuck you work 20 years to make 28 an hour mean while I topped out at conteact max every three years!

You're a fucking piece of shit and I hope you die.

Why the fuck would you not want those coming behind you to have the same good oppurtunities you had coming up? Oh ya that's right after you hit that 10 year mark you became the typical "I have seniority" type of loser that needs people to have less than him to feel a little bit superior.

You're a useless sack of shit and a perfect example of why there is no brotherhood. Go fuck yourself you sorry ass redneck.

Please retire before I do so I can watch you lose your pension and see you cry about it.

You at DTP? I'd love to buy you lunch and show you just how grateful I am I have my job.

Edited by caustic

Shut the fuck up cock sucker.

You got top pay for whatever contract you were in during three years. The next contract had a raise, you obtained it in 3 years. Whatever top pay was relaive to that contract, 3 years. Numbers kept going up, three years. Wage freeze, tier 2, now tier 1 says fuck you work 20 years to make 28 an hour mean while I topped out at conteact max every three years!

You're a fucking piece of shit and I hope you die.

Why the fuck would you not want those coming behind you to have the same good oppurtunities you had coming up? Oh ya that's right after you hit that 10 year mark you became the typical "I have seniority" type of loser that needs people to have less than him to feel a little bit superior.

You're a useless sack of shit and a perfect example of why there is no brotherhood. Go fuck yourself you sorry ass redneck.

Please retire before I do so I can watch you lose your pension and see you cry about it.

You at DTP? I'd love to buy you lunch and show you just how grateful I am I have my job.

Venting.... and a lunch date. Nice, really nice ;)