Tiered Pay

electrofomoco

It's so bad I can't even get an early out for a funeral in the morning.

It's a shame that there's so many slugs like this that work here. I know plenty of hard working people that would kill for a ford factory job.

If you have a funeral use a personal day and call in. If you don't have one take the awol, a funeral isn't like ditching because you have a hang over or a dead hooker in your bed with a pound of blow on the nightstand.

• Like 1

It's so bad I can't even get an early out for a funeral in the morning.

It's a shame that there's so many slugs like this that work here. I know plenty of hard working people that would kill for a ford factory job.

Take a personal day or talk to your committee man and let him know and if he won't take care of u, fuck it awol...

• Like 1

Take a personal day or talk to your committee man and let him know and if he won't take care of u, fuck it awol...

I would just awol, but being this weird entry level- LTS status that I am, I don't know what the ramifications of that would be, and my committee man is next to useless.

I got it worked out anyway

Its funny how no one remembers that before tier 2 started anyone hired in took 3 years to get to full pay. And that system started in the 90s. Those people grew into full pay. The FCA people would be complete and total idiots to turn this contract down.

Its funny how no one remembers that before tier 2 started anyone hired in took 3 years to get to full pay. And that system started in the 90s. Those people grew into full pay. The FCA people would be complete and total idiots to turn this contract down.

What was the grown in or whatever before the 3 years started in the 90s?

It's funny how 2nd Tier has made out in the past contract and will make out in the current Chrysler contract with raises and Tier 1 got no raise last contract and gets a little raise this one but 2nd Tier employees still feel they are getting screwed!

People would stand in line for $25 plus an hour job

Edited by littlecountry

How can you say that they'd be idiots for turning down this contract, do you know ALL of details of this contract proposal??

It's funny how 2nd Tier has made out in the past contract and will make out in the current Chrysler contract with raises and Tier 1 got no raise last contract and gets a little raise this one but 2nd Tier employees still feel they are getting screwed!

People would stand in line for $25 plus an hour job

They stood in line for 15 bucks, with no guarantee they would ever make full pay. Imagine how long the line would be for 25 or even the new 8 years to full?

From what's been reported, this contract sucks too. 2, 3 percent raises for tier 1 and for tier 2, 8 years to reach $29/hr. What happens if the economy is down after 4 years and vehicle sales are down?? Do you think the Big 3 will honor this current contract and agree to still bring tier 2 up to $29/hr?? Absolutely not, their going to renegotiate and then tier 2s are stuck at the wages that their at on the end of that 4 year contract, tier 2 will NEVER see $29/hr and the Big 3 know that.. Its a false promise that they know they won't keep.

From what's been reported, this contract sucks too. 2, 3 percent raises for tier 1 and for tier 2, 8 years to reach $29/hr. What happens if the economy is down after 4 years and vehicle sales are down?? Do you think the Big 3 will honor this current contract and agree to still bring tier 2 up to $29/hr?? Absolutely not, their going to renegotiate and then tier 2s are stuck at the wages that their at on the end of that 4 year contract, tier 2 will NEVER see $29/hr and the Big 3 know that.. Its a false promise that they know they won't keep.

Someone years ago was on a shop floor saying exactly what you're saying now about pay never getting to 28.48 an hour.

Someone years ago was on a shop floor saying exactly what you're saying now about pay never getting to 28.48 an hour.

When car sales are down, profits are down in 4 years do you really think the Big 3 will honor this contract and still agree to bring tier 2 up to $29/hr??? There's no way. The economy will take a down swing by then, every economist says so. Tier 1s have gone how long without getting a raise because of a slumping economy and took concessions, so what makes you feel if the economy is down in 4 years that the Big 3 will still agree having tier 2s go up to $29/hr???

Edited by Downtime1

When car sales are down, profits are down in 4 years do you really think the Big 3 will honor this contract and still agree to bring tier 2 up to $29/hr??? There's no way. The economy will take a down swing by then, every economist says so.

They may or may not honor it, maybe another wage freeze goes into effect. I cannot predict the future, if I could I damn sure wouldn't be working at Ford.

Economists are just speculating, no one really knows. We may not see another recession until 2030 then again we could see one again in two years.

Either way I personally wouldn't expect with what little time I have in to be hitting anywhere near 29 an hour, it isn't logical to have that type of expectation.

That being said I damn sure wouldn't want to hold back those that have 3-5 years in down and not let them get as close as possible. I want the money, I really do but I'm not willing to hold up others because of my wants. If someone has been frozen at 19 bucks for the last 7-8 years I wouldn't vote no and try and deny them jumping up to where tier 1 is now, my time will come eventually.

They may or may not honor it, maybe another wage freeze goes into effect. I cannot predict the future, if I could I damn sure wouldn't be working at Ford.

Economists are just speculating, no one really knows. We may not see another recession until 2030 then again we could see one again in two years.

Either way I personally wouldn't expect with what little time I have in to be hitting anywhere near 29 an hour, it isn't logical to have that type of expectation.

That being said I damn sure wouldn't want to hold back those that have 3-5 years in down and not let them get as close as possible. I want the money, I really do but I'm not willing to hold up others because of my wants. If someone has been frozen at 19 bucks for the last 7-8 years I wouldn't vote no and try and deny them jumping up to where tier 1 is now, my time will come eventually.

There's absolutely no way they would honor it if the economy is down and car sales are down. Edited by Downtime1

Our contract shouldn't be negotiated on the Chicken Little premise. Profit sharing is the variable in our wages that reflects market changes, if the sky falls so does our profit sharing check. Also, does anyone else think that we should go back to a three year contract? A three year contract wouldn't give as much weight to the company crying "we can't afford higher wages/benefits in case the market changes". If the market is good when the contract is settled it takes a while for it to change and three years would come soon enough for issues to be addressed.

Hope there is something in there for people who have given the past 12 years with no raise and are thinking about retirement............. Not talking "buyout" here........... I'm talking about the money that is factored in for retirement. Right now it's $54 and some change.........that number hasn't changed since 2007. If you haven't had a raise in 12 years and getting ready to retire, you will be going out the door with nothing to show for those 12 years except a "thank you" from the union. Oh, they will ask you to join the retires chapter so they can get your dues....but if it goes up, everyone that gets a traditional pension, will get that raise sooner or later........ That number needs to change for all the legacy employees ...........

They will honor contract til membership votes to give back concessions , without a vote they have to honor the contract.

If they did not have to honor the contract then why even have one!

You guys are really stupid!

Ohh ok... just like FCA honored the tier 2 cap that they said would be in place on this contract from their last one?? Instead IUAW said it was a misprint...

Ohh ok... just like FCA honored the tier 2 cap that they said would be in place on this contract from their last one?? Instead IUAW said it was a misprint...

Stop mentioning the CAP, it isn't a part of the current contract they are working under. It was taken off the table because there is only one pay scale now so what the fuck would a CAP even do since there is only one pay scale? And remember everything is open game every time they negotiate right? So they could say fuck you and your 8 years wages are frozen in the next contract.

So let's assume the same exact agreement is brought to Ford or GM next, either companies workers could shit all over this 8 year stuff.

Let's just say Ford is next and 85% vote no, the UAW collects complaints and tries to "hear their members" and "focus on their concerns" and they only thing on the list is "8 years is bullshit".

I could see Ford or GM getting away with giving the finger to everyone and forcing them to make it a shorter grown in.

Either way I'm anxious for our turn.

Stop mentioning the CAP, it isn't a part of the current contract they are working under. It was taken off the table because there is only one pay scale now so what the fuck would a CAP even do since there is only one pay scale? And remember everything is open game every time they negotiate right? So they could say fuck you and your 8 years wages are frozen in the next contract.

So let's assume the same exact agreement is brought to Ford or GM next, either companies workers could shit all over this 8 year stuff.

Let's just say Ford is next and 85% vote no, the UAW collects complaints and tries to "hear their members" and "focus on their concerns" and they only thing on the list is "8 years is bullshit".

I could see Ford or GM getting away with giving the finger to everyone and forcing them to make it a shorter grown in.

Either way I'm anxious for our turn.

I`m sure there is a lot of re grouping and re thinking at the Ford National Department......

Bring it on Jimmy.

Decker

1 of the 1788

Hope there is something in there for people who have given the past 12 years with no raise and are thinking about retirement............. Not talking "buyout" here........... I'm talking about the money that is factored in for retirement. Right now it's $54 and some change.........that number hasn't changed since 2007. If you haven't had a raise in 12 years and getting ready to retire, you will be going out the door with nothing to show for those 12 years except a "thank you" from the union. Oh, they will ask you to join the retires chapter so they can get your dues....but if it goes up, everyone that gets a traditional pension, will get that raise sooner or later........ That number needs to change for all the legacy employees ...........

The two 3% (or whatever it is) increases (FCA agreement) will raise the $54 factor a little, maybe if they haven`t changed the break points in factoring the monthly pension benefit. We won`t see that factoring table till the white pages are squeaked out.

Unfortunately, like the sneaky little catch (FCA agreement) about next March's profit sharing, that will be calculated under the last contracts provisions instead of the new calculation. Unless there is specific language addressing the prior retiree`s anyone already receiving pension benefits will not see any increase in their monthly benefit. But those that start a pension benefit after the first 3% takes effect, they will see something from the first 3% then from the second 3%......maybe, we will see.

I`m not totally sure but I think I read that the FCA pension fund was under funded by some five figured billion dollar amount so, throwing that 1.7 billion on the pension fund was a good gesture but when will their fund be put through the under funded wringer? Like the Teamsters?

I don`t think you will get a thank you.

Decker

Edited by Decker

The two 3% (or whatever it is) increases (FCA agreement) will raise the $54 factor a little, maybe if they haven`t changed the break points in factoring the monthly pension benefit. We won`t see that factoring table till the white pages are squeaked out.

Unfortunately, like the sneaky little catch (FCA agreement) about next March's profit sharing, that will be calculated under the last contracts provisions instead of the new calculation. Unless there is specific language addressing the prior retiree`s anyone already receiving pension benefits will not see any increase in their monthly benefit. But those that start a pension benefit after the first 3% takes effect, they will see something from the first 3% then from the second 3%......maybe, we will see.

I`m not totally sure but I think I read that the FCA pension fund was under funded by some five figured billion dollar amount so, throwing that 1.7 billion on the pension fund was a good gesture but when will their fund be put through the under funded wringer? Like the Teamsters?

I don`t think you will get a thank you.

Decker

Have to disagree......... In 2007 top "Life benefit Income" was raised to $54.30............ So if you're a "tradesman" you can't get anymore then that. A 3% raise in pay, does not increase your benefit if you are already at the top. I feel if a person has given up 12 years of money (cola and pay raise)........... the least The Union could do is increase the "Life Income Benefit" so when they leave they have something to show for what they gave up.........