How bogus is this???

johnjyi

Okay. This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Notwithstanding the fact that the service dept is unable to find the issue with my MKZ's starting issue, here's something else that really bothers me.

The other week, the door release handle on my driver's door cracks and a piece breaks off. With the spring/tension from within, the handle now sits at an angle. I take the MKZ to the dealer for repair. They call to tell me that Ford/Lincoln will not cover it since it's non-warranty. This is on a 2009 MKZ with 7,200 miles. Original owner with Ford Premium ESP.

Does this sound bogus? Is there a rep on this forum who may be able to help me with this?

Hey, akirby. How you been?

Here's what gets me. You gotta figure Ford knew of this issue since my 2015 Focus (and I think the 2014 Escape) has metal handles. I think I may be done with Fords now. No, not based on just this one vehicle. Guess I'll sell my stocks as well.

It's obviously a known issue - happened on my 06 Fusion. It's a $60 part that takes 15 minutes to change.

If you think that a manufacturer should always extend the warranty on any parts with any type of known defect then you're never going to be happy with any mfr because nobody does that. I only point that out in case you think you'll have different results with other mfrs because you won't.

Ford does extend the warranty on some parts but not all of them. It's a business decision.

Personally, I don't expect any mfr of any product to go above and beyond the warranty. If I want extra warranty coverage I purchase it. If a mfr goes above and beyond their advertised warranty it's a bonus and it does happen (even with Ford - my daughter's focus has a 100K tranny warranty extension). But I don't expect it and I don't hold it against a company if they don't do it.

In this case I paid the $60 and fixed it in 15 minutes. NBD.

More concerning to me are the problems they've had with the Edge. First a gas tank recall that took 9 months to fix in some cases (had to re-engineer and manufacture new tanks) leaving customers in rental cars for months. Now a factory issue allowing huge water leaks leading to vehicles being out of commission waiting for parts for months and in some cases buybacks. This on top of the known PTU issues.

I think Ford needs to get a better handle (no pun intended) on these bigger quality issues.

Ha! If it was just that, I wouldn't have an issue. I was quoted $250 for the replacement. WTH?!?!

My problem is that, personally, there are no Ford or Lincoln vehicles that I find appealing anymore. My daughter just got herself a '15 Mustang GT Vert (and had warranty issues with the top BTW). However, I find the new Mustang to be ugly...just my personal opinion here. Also, it looks like (again, personal opinion) Ford's quality is slipping. Heck! I had to fit the trim around the little C-Pillar window on the '15 Focus because it wasn't properly installed at the factory.

Hey, akirby. How you been?

Here's what gets me. You gotta figure Ford knew of this issue since my 2015 Focus (and I think the 2014 Escape) has metal handles. I think I may be done with Fords now. No, not based on just this one vehicle. Guess I'll sell my stocks as well.

Somebody needs a hug.....

tumblr_my00u4YlU11rn2wwfo1_500.jpg