Ford workers in Kansas City could strike Sunday

Pinto'77

Don't know why you think I'm paranoid, I'm just not believing that IUAW was actually going to follow through with strike for that plant.

Just my opinion but I think Mark Fields would rather chew broken glass than let an F150 plant strike.

No disrespect to other plants but DTP and KCAP would never be allowed to strike unless demands where way out of line. Ford does not want those plants stopping for any reason what so ever.

• Like 1

Just my opinion but I think Mark Fields would rather chew broken glass than let an F150 plant strike.

No disrespect to other plants but DTP and KCAP would never be allowed to strike unless demands where way out of line. Ford does not want those plants stopping for any reason what so ever.

Mark Fields knew there wasn't going to be a strike and so did the IUAW. If the IUAW wasn't going to authorize a strike at FCA for the contract not passing what makes you think that they weren't going to come to terms on a local contract at this plant? I think both the company and the IUAW were in this one together..

Mark Fields knew there wasn't going to be a strike and so did the IUAW. If the IUAW wasn't going to authorize a strike at FCA for the contract not passing what makes you think that they weren't going to come to terms on a local contract at this plant? I think both the company and the IUAW were in this one together..

Again, paranoia.

Strikes only occur when negotiations break down and neither side will budge, you don't strike just for the fuck of it.

If Ford had refused to budge a strike would have happened.

Again, paranoia.

Strikes only occur when negotiations break down and neither side will budge, you don't strike just for the fuck of it.

If Ford had refused to budge a strike would have happened.

Definitely not paranoid.

The IUAW knew all along that they would come to terms with FMC, they were in this together with them. Remember the shitty contract that was brought to the members of fca the IUAW thought was a good one. Do I think the IUAW is looking out for our best interests, absolutely not, if they were they wouldn't come up with such a shitty contract for the members of fca to vote on. Remember their speech, "now is our time" and then they come up with that contract?? Their the ones who also don't mind the idea of fca shipping work to Mexico. And don't tell me "well those plants aren't closing because their getting another product to replace the one they'll lose". That's STILL lost jobs, how so?? The product that's going to Mexico could be built here and create more jobs. It's never a good idea to lose a product to Mexico, one job lost is one lost job too many.

Striking the company for a local agreement issue while trying to pass a national agreement? Yea, right.

It's never happened and never will. Many plants have been working for years without a local agreement and all of the sudden it's a striking issue? Lol!

• Like 1

Definitely not paranoid.

The IUAW knew all along that they would come to terms with FMC, they were in this together with them. Remember the shitty contract that was brought to the members of fca the IUAW thought was a good one. Do I think the IUAW is looking out for our best interests, absolutely not, if they were they wouldn't come up with such a shitty contract for the members of fca to vote on. Remember their speech, "now is our time" and then they come up with that contract?? Their the ones who also don't mind the idea of fca shipping work to Mexico. And don't tell me "well those plants aren't closing because their getting another product to replace the one they'll lose". That's STILL lost jobs, how so?? The product that's going to Mexico could be built here and create more jobs. It's never a good idea to lose a product to Mexico, one job lost is one lost job too many.

How is that not a good deal for Chrysler?

It isn't like they are making a killing, they still have to support Fiat.

Moving jobs to Mexico...this again? Like it or not jobs will shift from country to country over time, that's just how it is.

If I am working at Chrysler, which had been on life support and the plug almost pulled more than a handful of times I would look at it like this.

Moving two fairly shitty cars with a very slim profit margin(dart/200), to a place that can raise the profit margin by 350% means an increase to my profit sharing and most likely my plant getting a better product, plus a more profitable one.

Chrysler can act like it's part of what used to be the Big 3 all it wants, they are not and have not been in the same league as GM and Ford for quite sometime. They need to do what they can to keep the doors open.

More profit from Mexico equates to more money long term to be spent in plants here with retooling, facility upgrades, more R&D, all things that are good for the future of Chrysler's US employees.

I would rather see their american workers get newer product than see dwindling profits due to shitty vehicles like the 200 and Dart. Those cars are garbage, go drive one. If it isn't the Town and Country, a Jeep of some sort, a Ram, or a 300/Challenger/Charger it isn't going to be a money maker being built in Detroit, now move those to Mexico and all of a sudden those two cars can add some skin to the game.

Chrysler then tosses a full size SUV to compete against the Expedition, Tahoe, etc. they need one, have needed one bad for a while. So now they can get it and turn a barely profitable car into a profitable car. Jeep truck? You know Jeep nuts are going to love this, a niche product that won't be high volume but will soak up some of the small truck segment they used to have with the Dakota, they were pretty popular. The new Jeep truck will be as well.

Now let's say they don't move anything anywhere. Let's say all current product stays and we are adding the Grand Wagoneer and Jeep Pick Up. One of two things happen.

1. Currently facilities run mad over time for extra production, no one gets to have a life outside the plant. 24/7 the plants run. More forced, I mean mandatory OT is put in an already strained work force. Bad for everyone.

2. (This really won't happen but is the only other option) Chrysler says fuck it, we don't have room for two new vehicles, our plants are already at Max capacity. So hell let's build a new plant, let us finance or oay cash for new land, create more insurance, electic, water, labor, management, and all other associated overhead costs. It'll take 6-7 years to break even if we ever do and will reduce our profit by roughly 35-40% each year but fuck it. Let the employees deal with even shittier profit sharing checks than they are used to, we kept the work in America!

You see how this works? No auto make is opening a new plant anytime soon, period. You want to send the two new vehicles to Mexico or the two shitty cars? You can't have it both ways. No new plant means something needs to leave or the new stuff goes. Keep the new stuff close to home and send the turds to the toilet.