Ford workers in Kansas City could strike Sunday

Pinto'77

Spoken like a true tier 2 person who only cares about himself, you have a lot of growing up to do!

You're dead wrong.

I watched my grandfather take a forced medical retirement and after 24 years he got a shitty 218 dollar a month pension and social security. This isn't a one of a kind case nor is it uncommon.

I started my retirement at age 20 when the reality of pensions going the way of the dinosaur really hit the media.

Anyone willing to put their retirement income solely in the hands of a pension which can disappear at the drop of a hat is a fool.

Tell me again what happened to all those Delphi pensions? That happened how many years ago? If that wasn't a wake up call for you and the rest of the general public to start thinking about your future and your pension possibly going away then shame on you.

I don't make the rules, nor do you. Hopes, wishes, and nostalgia do not change the fact that if you are bot planning for yourself no one is. Not your employer, not your union, not your neighbors, you are responsible to make sure life doesn't beat you down, reality sucks doesn't it?

Call me sefish all you want, push comes to shove you'd gladly toss someone under the bus for 3-4 dollars more an hour and you know it.

And how am I selfish anyway? Because I'm willing to accept that me a high school graduate would be ok working for 25 dollars an hour plus benefits?

You do understand your average high school graduate makes less than 26k a year right? Call it drinking the kool aid, being sheep, greedy or whatever you want. What I am not is an entitled dickhead doing manual labor expecting an engineers pay.

You can go fuck yourself.

• Like 1

You're dead wrong.

I watched my grandfather take a forced medical retirement and after 24 years he got a shitty 218 dollar a month pension and social security. This isn't a one of a kind case nor is it uncommon.

I started my retirement at age 20 when the reality of pensions going the way of the dinosaur really hit the media.

Anyone willing to put their retirement income solely in the hands of a pension which can disappear at the drop of a hat is a fool.

Tell me again what happened to all those Delphi pensions? That happened how many years ago? If that wasn't a wake up call for you and the rest of the general public to start thinking about your future and your pension possibly going away then shame on you.

I don't make the rules, nor do you. Hopes, wishes, and nostalgia do not change the fact that if you are bot planning for yourself no one is. Not your employer, not your union, not your neighbors, you are responsible to make sure life doesn't beat you down, reality sucks doesn't it?

Call me sefish all you want, push comes to shove you'd gladly toss someone under the bus for 3-4 dollars more an hour and you know it.

And how am I selfish anyway? Because I'm willing to accept that me a high school graduate would be ok working for 25 dollars an hour plus benefits?

You do understand your average high school graduate makes less than 26k a year right? Call it drinking the kool aid, being sheep, greedy or whatever you want. What I am not is an entitled dickhead doing manual labor expecting an engineers pay.

Wow you really told me, well at least everyone here knows what you are now.

Wow you really told me, well at least everyone here knows what you are now.

Ya a non delusional worker thet understands basic economics, common sense, and doesn't whine about a pension.

Sad fact you probably have 12+ years on me and I'll retire long before you because you are the same type of, what did you call me in PM? Oh yes shitbag, you're the same type of shit bag crying for a payday long after you'll have stop working because of poor planning and lack of finacial responsibility.

Let me guess pensions shouldn't be taxed either?

Go play in traffic.

Edited by caustic
  • Like 1

Ya a non delusional worker thet understands basic economics, common sense, and doesn't whine about a pension.

Sad fact you probably have 12+ years on me and I'll retire long before you because you are the same type of, what did you call me in PM? Oh yes shitbag, you're the same type of shit bag crying for a payday long after you'll have stop working because of poor planning and lack of finacial responsibility.

Let me guess pensions shouldn't be taxed either?

Go play in traffic.

We'll play in traffic while you go fuck yourself dickhead.

Again with the retiree stuff.

Once you retire the company is done with you as is your union. Can you blame them? Spare me the "they gave you what you have today" bullshit.

If you're not contributing to profits, you no longer matter. I'm ready to accept the fact that when the day comes for me to retire I am on my own, that's life, get over it. Why do a lot of people accepting that? When you're done working don't expect a fuckin pay check for work you aren't doing when you were at the top of the labor food chain wage wise for so long.

Fucking cry babies.

Its called a pension benefit that some of us worked years to obtain under decades of agreements between the company and the union.

The union is the one fined because they decided to modify or change the agreement.

The same org. that made the decision to change or cut negotiated benefits are the same ones you are "trusting" to handle your contract today and enforce it. lol.

It shows bad judgment and tossing principals under the bus to save a buck that was deemed wrong / illegal and ordered to make restitution or follow the agreement.

The IUAW wants its members to "trust us" and "we have your back" is offset by its real actions and in this example a court ruling against their actions.

Only a fool would trust this group of idiots that has an iffy track record of handing retirement insurance benefits into active roles employee benefits.

• Like 2

Yea I agree decker, I've got no problem having my attorneys aka the uaw bargaining for my contract which I believe is roughly 70% of the dues I pay but I have a hard time with them doing whatever the hell they please with the remainder of my dues

Ford September US sales:
up 23%
Projected sales was for a 22% increase.
Passenger car sales: up 19%
SUV sales: up 27%
Truck sales: up 23%

Chicago Assembly produced the highest precent of the SUV sales in its history. Chicago Assembly produced the highest number of sales in the SUV police units I the plants history.

Sales equal profits. Record sales can`t happen without record number of products sent to the market place. Who produced the record number of products? Who is being told "we" need to help? Who hasn`t had an hourly increase in ten years? Who hasn`t seen an increase in pension benefits because of the freeze on hourly rates? Who is selling their labor at levels never thought of before?

Why would any local not have a local agreement?

Why hasn't that one minute an hour break time been put back in place? Why are members and salaried members still being made to make up for their lunches and possible down time with the mandatory 10.7? How many mandatory super Saturday and Sunday's?

People just what the hell is taking place? The labor organizations around the world can't figure out what the IUAW is doing. Productivity and efficiency is the only thing that can make the products to reach these record sales. Why then is it so hard for the American labor organizations to put these facts on the table?

If there is any hope for my labor organization it will come from the leadership that takes a stand with the two most powerful tool in their hands. Productivity and efficiency, is the only tools needed. It's what put the already 4.1 billion in Fords account (with paying for all our health care and not having IUAW administer the benefits) and its the tools that will as projected by the experts, will come close to double this years first half earnings at Ford.

KCAP's leadership is what the UAW needs.

IMO

Decker

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

I could buy it. The amount of trains going by my house seems to have increased over the last few days.

I wasn't aware they were coming in by train yet, I see 4 semis at a time carry 10 each still running into the plant on what seems like a 45 minute gap between each load.

Either way we haven't had frame issues at DTP for a while.

I wasn't aware they were coming in by train yet, I see 4 semis at a time carry 10 each still running into the plant on what seems like a 45 minute gap between each load.

Either way we haven't had frame issues at DTP for a while.

They've been coming by train for a long time. I live right next to the rail line that feeds the yard by the Rouge. There's been 3 trains since my post (though i'm unsure of what direction they were running), when typically during that time span there's maybe only 1

They've been coming by train for a long time. I live right next to the rail line that feeds the yard by the Rouge. There's been 3 trains since my post (though i'm unsure of what direction they were running), when typically during that time span there's maybe only 1

Tgat would explain why we haven't had frame shortages for a while now.

Ford September US sales:

up 23%

Projected sales was for a 22% increase.

Passenger car sales: up 19%

SUV sales: up 27%

Truck sales: up 23%

Chicago Assembly produced the highest precent of the SUV sales in its history. Chicago Assembly produced the highest number of sales in the SUV police units I the plants history.

Sales equal profits. Record sales can`t happen without record number of products sent to the market place. Who produced the record number of products? Who is being told "we" need to help? Who hasn`t had an hourly increase in ten years? Who hasn`t seen an increase in pension benefits because of the freeze on hourly rates? Who is selling their labor at levels never thought of before?

Why would any local not have a local agreement?

Why hasn't that one minute an hour break time been put back in place? Why are members and salaried members still being made to make up for their lunches and possible down time with the mandatory 10.7? How many mandatory super Saturday and Sunday's?

People just what the hell is taking place? The labor organizations around the world can't figure out what the IUAW is doing. Productivity and efficiency is the only thing that can make the products to reach these record sales. Why then is it so hard for the American labor organizations to put these facts on the table?

If there is any hope for my labor organization it will come from the leadership that takes a stand with the two most powerful tool in their hands. Productivity and efficiency, is the only tools needed. It's what put the already 4.1 billion in Fords account (with paying for all our health care and not having IUAW administer the benefits) and its the tools that will as projected by the experts, will come close to double this years first half earnings at Ford.

KCAP's leadership is what the UAW needs.

IMO

Decker

Well, someone said it.............. Pension Increase...............That should be a point we all agree on. Tier 1 has not had a raise in 10+ years and gave up cola............ There are many of those people "standing at the door" waiting for a contract to be signed so they can retire. What are they getting for those 10 years of sitting back and waiting "for their turn"??? In this contract.............. NOTHING............. and a raise in pension now, is a raise in pension for anyone foward. Maybe it won't be this contract, but when or if you retire in the next one, that money will be there for you. It's time for the auto companies to pay that debt............. I think I saw a raise for tier 2 in this contract, if not, it should be there for them to............. Their 401k would look a little better at the end of the year..............

• Like 1

You're dead wrong.

Caustic I could not have said it better myself!

They don't start rail shipment by train until mid October. I work at DTP. We had rail cars for two three weeks and trucks, frame company still couldn't keep up. We stopped producing regular cabs and only made SC & CC. Second supplier now working with Metatalsa(?) to get frame numbers back to normal shipments.

They don't start rail shipment by train until mid October. I work at DTP. We had rail cars for two three weeks and trucks, frame company still couldn't keep up. We stopped producing regular cabs and only made SC & CC. Second supplier now working with Metatalsa(?) to get frame numbers back to normal shipments.

Then what have I been seeing on the trains heading that way? There was a period where I didn't see any, where it was almost all auto racks and hi-cube box cars, but I'm seeing flatbeds with stacks of truck frames again.

Then what have I been seeing on the trains heading that way? There was a period where I didn't see any, where it was almost all auto racks and hi-cube box cars, but I'm seeing flatbeds with stacks of truck frames again.

The F150 is not the only truck built with a frame.

You could be seeing frames for other trucks or SUV,s.

The automakers will realize in the next several years that they will have to start selling vehicles at a lower cost because everyone's wages are shrinking and people won't be able to pay $40,000 plus for a ride

Good luck ever seeing that happen, even when the economy was down they never lowered the price. You will just see better lease specials.