Ford workers in Kansas City could strike Sunday

Pinto'77

Settles does not do work with his hands and his feet are not doing a picket line.

(Theatrics and scripted show of force = make people feel the IUAW has your back).

If the IUAW really gave a crap why were there several locals working with no local agreement for YEARS?

Why are those same building chairs pulled up to IUAW for national negotiations ?

Our building chair is at the IUAW "in" on the negotiations yet he could not secure a local contract let alone anything more complex..

Actually he cant handle simple grievances either but that's another topic,LOL!

CAP has worked under an extension for over 8 years. We have the same man power issues, safety grievances and units in the local that don`t know which company holds their contract, clean up has been sold numerous times with a carry over contract?

Never mind CAP is to busy with their lawyers and our VP actovistopolitician is way to busy stock piling 55 gallon drums and cans of beans....

Good luck KCAP.

Decker

Edited by Decker
  • Like 2

SIC EM local 249,,,,,,,,,, it is about time!My local negotiated mandatory 12`s---7 of em in a row along {I start my stretch on fri.}with mandatory weekends and holidays oh but we get time and a quarter on Sat. and Sun. and time and a half after we work 10 hours {subtract a half hour for lunch} so its 1.5 hours times 150% which turns the last 1.5 hours worked into 2.25 paid!Ford is now profitable,sales are up and gas prices are low time to share the gains!

Edited by Fatso

I'm entitled to my opinion. Just like you're entitled to yours. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I would vote for this contract in a heartbeatJust so we're clear

Just so we're clear, you're okay with screw the retirees, happy the new top wage for tier 2 doesn't bring them up to tier1 pay, happy the IUAW is trying to hi-jack your medical insurance, well i think it is a pos agreement and that's my opinion, just so we're clear. You should change your name to chassisprocesscoach.

The FCA agreement was better than what I expected. Im sure ours will be better--

Am I going to be called names as well??

How childish

I would hope ours is a better offer, as far as name calling goes i didn't call him a name, i simply made a sugestion, put your big boy pants on and grow-up.

Edited by bigphish

Just so we're clear, you're okay with screw the retirees, happy the new top wage for tier 2 doesn't bring them up to tier1 pay, happy the IUAW is trying to hi-jack your medical insurance, well i think it is a pos agreement and that's my opinion, just so we're clear. You should change your name to chassisprocesscoach.

So we are clear I don't think anyone wants to say fuck retirees, except the companies. The companies are done dealing with them. They get their pensions and insurance from Veba. This is what they are going to get like it or not.

From what information I found, what you can also find with google or whatever is the pension fund at one point was over funded, easy to dip in there and throw a bonus here and there, a raise here and there. Now the amount of retirees far outweighs the pension fund so it is hard to oay out more than each individuals share of said fund. There is no right or wrong, it's a math thing.

When you had 200/250k retirees and looked at the balance, that balance looks a lot difference when you have 900k retirees. They aren't get anymore, no point in crying about it.

New tier 2 pay scale looks mighty fine in comparrison with the last one. What did you expect? Everyone at 28/30 bucks an hour in one contract? Keep dreaming.

Chrysler took concessions in the late 70s early 80's if I am not mistaken, they were not returned in just the next contract, took several to get to where they were at pre bankruptcy. So this isn't anything new, why does everyone act so surprised?

Before you claim your insurance hi jack nonsense, why not wait for actual details? It clearly states that the companies will be funding the insurance benefits. I said it was piss poor execution to even put that out there with no outline of how it would work, then again what details for such a large project could you have in less than 7-8 months of planning? This was poorly delivered and does need to be rectified with a lot more information, lack of information doesn't mean it's a bad thing either.

Like it or not that contract wasn't nearly as shitty as it could have been then again it wasn't as good as it could have been either.

All of this bitching from any of us means jack shit anyway, who knows what our TA will have and how the hell long it's going to take to get one.

• Like 2

Littlefish, I respect your view, but voting down this contract does not mean they're going to get anything better.

Your wasting your time phish.

Opinion`s are like assholes everyone has one. In some cases, one is more useful than the other..... When it is all said and done, we have helped till we can`t help anymore. We help the company with give backs and create contracts that give the company bigger profits by getting bargain basement labor costs. Then help the union restore a "strike" fund that is anything but a "strike" fund.... Gave COLA to VEBA... etc etc

All of this and the company in due time will push customers away with the shit they are pushing out the doors of the plants, as the company has done time after time and all in the name of greed. The help we gave our union will never be enough just look at how they throw dues away on negotiating and organizing. (transfers from the what? "strike fund") We are not supposed to remember that just last year the amount of money thrown away in such places as Tennessee or how our union has spent hundreds of thousands on organizing collage students, with very little success. We are not to remember how many times Marysville Ohio has told our unions professional organizers "no thanks".

Less than a 6% increase in hourly rates in a total of 14 years... Tiers are here to stay... co-op or sham-op its best for you... cap`s??? we don`t need no stinkin cap!!! Hell caustic said its ok and chassisgroupleader has said time after time after time... it`s ok with him and the IUAW is betting their trustee and administrators side money that its ok. So its got to be ok...right?

One last thing phish, how many people do you think will be beating down the big gold door at solid house begging to pay dues? Indiana, Michigan and the list of twenty other states could see those begging to pay dues start to dwindle. Beck Rights anyone?

Decker

Edited by Decker

Littlefish, I respect your view, but voting down this contract does not mean they're going to get anything better.

Well you are right coach, but if you accept the first thing shoved in your face everytime you get what you get. i respect your opinion too, i just think its a crappy offer and i sure hope ours is better. i have been playing this game a long time and have known many people who always vote yes but are the first to start crying when they don't like something in the contract that they voted yes for. i always have 7 words for them, stfu you voted yes!

Your wasting your time phish.

Opinion`s are like assholes everyone has one. In some cases, one is more useful than the other..... When it is all said and done, we have helped till we can`t help anymore. We help the company with give backs and create contracts that give the company bigger profits by getting bargain basement labor costs. Then help the union restore a "strike" fund that is anything but a "strike" fund.... Gave COLA to VEBA... etc etc

All of this and the company in due time will push customers away with the shit they are pushing out the doors of the plants, as the company has done time after time and all in the name of greed. The help we gave our union will never be enough just look at how they throw dues away on negotiating and organizing. (transfers from the what? "strike fund") We are not supposed to remember that just last year the amount of money thrown away in such places as Tennessee or how our union has spent hundreds of thousands on organizing collage students, with very little success. We are not to remember how many times Marysville Ohio has told our unions professional organizers "no thanks".

Less than a 6% increase in hourly rates in a total of 14 years... Tiers are here to stay... co-op or sham-op its best for you... cap`s??? we don`t need no stinkin cap!!! Hell caustic said its ok and chassisgroupleader has said time after time after time... it`s ok with him and the IUAW is betting their trustee and administrators side money that its ok. So its got to be ok...right?

One last thing phish, how many people do you think will be beating down the big gold door at solid house begging to pay dues? Indiana, Michigan and the list of twenty other states could see those begging to pay dues start to dwindle. Beck Rights anyone?

Decker

I know i am but i can't help myself. trying to save people from themselves is all i'm trying to do. Don't know why i feel obligated but i do.

So we are clear I don't think anyone wants to say fuck retirees, except the companies. The companies are done dealing with them. They get their pensions and insurance from Veba. This is what they are going to get like it or not.

From what information I found, what you can also find with google or whatever is the pension fund at one point was over funded, easy to dip in there and throw a bonus here and there, a raise here and there. Now the amount of retirees far outweighs the pension fund so it is hard to oay out more than each individuals share of said fund. There is no right or wrong, it's a math thing.

When you had 200/250k retirees and looked at the balance, that balance looks a lot difference when you have 900k retirees. They aren't get anymore, no point in crying about it.

New tier 2 pay scale looks mighty fine in comparrison with the last one. What did you expect? Everyone at 28/30 bucks an hour in one contract? Keep dreaming.

Chrysler took concessions in the late 70s early 80's if I am not mistaken, they were not returned in just the next contract, took several to get to where they were at pre bankruptcy. So this isn't anything new, why does everyone act so surprised?

Before you claim your insurance hi jack nonsense, why not wait for actual details? It clearly states that the companies will be funding the insurance benefits. I said it was piss poor execution to even put that out there with no outline of how it would work, then again what details for such a large project could you have in less than 7-8 months of planning? This was poorly delivered and does need to be rectified with a lot more information, lack of information doesn't mean it's a bad thing either.

Like it or not that contract wasn't nearly as shitty as it could have been then again it wasn't as good as it could have been either.

All of this bitching from any of us means jack shit anyway, who knows what our TA will have and how the hell long it's going to take to get one.

You do realize the Veba was company funded to right, if this co-op passes do you think the company is going to pump endless amount of dollars into it? like you said the retirees get what they get, you will too!! Why do you think IUAW brought this to the table? they have an ulterior motive and you can bet your ass it won't benefit you!

You do realize the Veba was company funded to right, if this co-op passes do you think the company is going to pump endless amount of dollars into it? like you said the retirees get what they get, you will too!! Why do you think IUAW brought this to the table? they have an ulterior motive and you can bet your ass it won't benefit you!

And if that's the case I go on my wife's insurance and pay an agency fee.

Options fish, always make sure you have them.

Cutting benefits is what the union accuses the company of doing does it not ?

We are paying dues for this ?

http://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/48793-uaw-pay-355m-health-plan-class-action-settlement/

Again with the retiree stuff.

Once you retire the company is done with you as is your union. Can you blame them? Spare me the "they gave you what you have today" bullshit.

If you're not contributing to profits, you no longer matter. I'm ready to accept the fact that when the day comes for me to retire I am on my own, that's life, get over it. Why do a lot of people accepting that? When you're done working don't expect a fuckin pay check for work you aren't doing when you were at the top of the labor food chain wage wise for so long.

Fucking cry babies.

• Like 1

Again with the retiree stuff.

Once you retire the company is done with you as is your union. Can you blame them? Spare me the "they gave you what you have today" bullshit.

If you're not contributing to profits, you no longer matter. I'm ready to accept the fact that when the day comes for me to retire I am on my own, that's life, get over it. Why do a lot of people accepting that? When you're done working don't expect a fuckin pay check for work you aren't doing when you were at the top of the labor food chain wage wise for so long.

Fucking cry babies.

Spoken like a true tier 2 person who only cares about himself, you have a lot of growing up to do!