Time to send a message to not only Ford but to IUAW.

That isn't a source of facts, wsws is a joke.

Then I am sure they will be sued for libel or slander if they report inaccurate or false information.

If you see a retraction feel free to mention it.

No one is saying its true or false but it presents some interesting details to ponder.

• Like 2

Then I am sure they will be sued for libel or slander if they report inaccurate or false information.

If you see a retraction feel free to mention it.

No one is saying its true or false but it presents some interesting details to ponder.

Their points make for great discussion points, I just refuse to take editorial journalism as fact.

• Like 1

Well this is exactly why the membership doesn't believe anything that comes out of the IUAW mouthpieces. Then they bring all the local union officers to the unbelievable lavish conventions at exotic locations it is easy to suck them into the lifestyles of the rich and famous for a week or two every other month. Yes I have also been to a constitutional convention it is a bigger show than WWE Summer Slam. Hell they even give you goodie bags. As long as you agree with everything they say you can walk to the microphone and tell them how great they are. But don't make the mistake of saying anything against their recommendations they will shut the microphone off and take you out to the reprogramming room for a nice tune up. I seen that happen it was pretty awesome NOT!

• Like 1

This whole co-op just reeks, with Jimmy being on the board of directors of BCBSM making 5 figures I think this mans judgment is tainted !! He has other interests and his own agenda to fatten his own pockets on the backs of the membership. :play:

Just Google it, its there !!!

https://aishealth.com/archive/nblu1210-06

maybe from 2009 but he is still getting comp.

Edited by MTP'er
  • Like 2

I think there will be a strike this contract. I think the union will call it to punish us for not bowing down to them. they are in bed with the companies they are suppore to be representing us from. They want to show the Big3 that they have us under thier thumbs. I would not doubt if the UAW get some kind of bonus, The less we settle for the bigger thier bonus. Cause I sure can't see where they are doing much in the way of returning anything we gave up,Nor are they keeping thier word on % of tier 2. Seriously a 1.5% raise pre yr is just a slap in the face. Might just have to draw from the 401 to get by for a bit.The union has loss sight of who they really work for. Wonder what would happen if every single member decided they didn't want to pay dues to someone not really representing them.

I will take a stab at it...

The names are those serving as committee members and I highly doubt any of them work for free.....

( They receive compensation / money )

More than likely they are but you cannot make that arguement based on what seems the case. Need some hard evidence, without it the point sounds like paranoia and envy.

I am not saying they are in the right or you are in the wrong, just saying speaking with assumptions is what it is. I'd personally really like to see some sort of paper work with something definitive on it.

This whole co-op just reeks, with Jimmy being on the board of directors of BCBSM making 5 figures I think this mans judgment is tainted !! He has other interests and his own agenda to fatten his own pockets on the backs of the membership. :play:

Just Google it, its there !!!

https://aishealth.com/archive/nblu1210-06

maybe from 2009 but he is still getting comp.

You realize those people are not board members of another entity that deals with blue cross but are actual people paid by bluecross because that's their employer?

Caustic, what are these members thinking?

A member with two years stating he dosen`t think the IUAW entered in to this contract with his best interests in mind? Just the thought of multi-tier members is not in the memberships best interest, this from a two year member? A twenty year member not sure the IUAW is doing the right thing by being so unclear about a so called Co-Op health Care? Senior members can`t understand how IUAW would bring something so open ended to the membership in that there is no clear product language?

Would you consider them, miss guilded? or anti union? or is it ok to have that steel ring in your nose as long as its the IUAW, that put it there?

http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/chrysler/2015/09/27/jefferson-north-workers-reject-tentative-deal-fca/72935010/

Decker

1 of the 1788

Edited by Decker
  • Like 2

Caustic, what are these members thinking?

A member with two years stating he dosen`t think the IUAW entered in to this contract with his best interests in mind? Just the thought of multi-tier members is not in the memberships best interest, this from a two year member? A twenty year member not sure the IUAW is doing the right thing by being so unclear about a so called Co-Op health Care? Senior members can`t understand how IUAW would bring something so open ended to the membership in that there is no clear product language?

Would you consider them, miss guilded? or anti union? or is it ok to have that steel ring in your nose as long as its the IUAW, that put it there?

http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/chrysler/2015/09/27/jefferson-north-workers-reject-tentative-deal-fca/72935010/

Decker

1 of the 1788

I see the reason for the distrust and cannot dispute the validity for the distrust. All I am saying is from what I have read and researched a co op can be a good thing if you can scale it, that is always the problem with co ops and why so many fail. Not just healthcare either, housing co ops can fail easily if the scale isn't there. I think with the current UAW membership scale will not be an issue and will work.

Yes it's vague as fuck, they have nothing to give because it's not done. They can't work that out over night, that is why the agreement is to set one up and explorer options.

Personally I think a co op is great but they got way over zealous and put the cart before the horse. Would have been wise to state health care(and health care only)would be renegotiated mid contract when the co op has been worked out in detail complete with benefit package book that outlines old vs new coverages. Great idea, piss poor execution.

An attempt at being proactive is a plus in my book, beats one thumbing their ass and doing nothing until the problem becomes reality.

Think my idea of having tier 1 accept tier 2 insurance and using the difference to hand out raises was a better idea. Then again most would have bitched about that too without even seeing the coverage.

And Decker you know as well as I do people want to bitch about anything, just or not. Baseball has been tossed to the side and the new American past time is complaining.

Look at all the meat heads at FCA screaming strike a week before they even announced FCA as the target. This reason alone is why I don't let people at the plant, most of which are borderline retarded, make up my mind for me and do not buy into their rhetoric.

Might the IUAW punch me in the face, sure. Might I have been he naive fool that let them, maybe. Did I learn my own lesson and not be talked into someone else's personal opinion, bet your ass.

Rather have a 50/50 shot at being a fool by my own hand than being a fool because I bought into a fools outlook instead of my own.

I see the reason for the distrust and cannot dispute the validity for the distrust. All I am saying is from what I have read and researched a co op can be a good thing if you can scale it, that is always the problem with co ops and why so many fail. Not just healthcare either, housing co ops can fail easily if the scale isn't there. I think with the current UAW membership scale will not be an issue and will work.

Yes it's vague as fuck, they have nothing to give because it's not done. They can't work that out over night, that is why the agreement is to set one up and explorer options.

Personally I think a co op is great but they got way over zealous and put the cart before the horse. Would have been wise to state health care(and health care only)would be renegotiated mid contract when the co op has been worked out in detail complete with benefit package book that outlines old vs new coverages. Great idea, piss poor execution.

An attempt at being proactive is a plus in my book, beats one thumbing their ass and doing nothing until the problem becomes reality.

Think my idea of having tier 1 accept tier 2 insurance and using the difference to hand out raises was a better idea. Then again most would have bitched about that too without even seeing the coverage.

And Decker you know as well as I do people want to bitch about anything, just or not. Baseball has been tossed to the side and the new American past time is complaining.

Look at all the meat heads at FCA screaming strike a week before they even announced FCA as the target. This reason alone is why I don't let people at the plant, most of which are borderline retarded, make up my mind for me and do not buy into their rhetoric.

Might the IUAW punch me in the face, sure. Might I have been he naive fool that let them, maybe. Did I learn my own lesson and not be talked into someone else's personal opinion, bet your ass.

Rather have a 50/50 shot at being a fool by my own hand than being a fool because I bought into a fools outlook instead of my own.

I'm trying to figure out what the problem is that you think people are thumbing thier nose at, my tier 1 insurance is almost 8,000 below the current threshold of 27.500 its for me plus 2 soon to be plus one, that threshold # will be elavated in 2018 for inflation, if the price of my insurance were to go over the threshold it will be on my provider to pay the taxes, thus the whole reason for the Cadillac tax, to force them to keep it below the threshold.

Might the IUAW punch you in the face, hope you have a strong chin! not a bleeder are you? Do you really believe they have your best interest at heart? my 30+ years is here to tell you sorry they don't, they are in buisness for themselves, you're an after thought!

The co-op is a concession, tier 1 accepting tier 2 insurance is a laughable concession, Ford is going to make 10 billion dollars profit this year off of our labor, no more concessions for me, i already gave, time to take a stand or these jobs will become nothing but a bunch of temp workers chasing that carrot that the company will never let them have. 50/50 is a crap shoot! i'm tired of the crap! time to flush the toilet!!

You are right about one thing we work with some highly retarted people, trust your gut but keep your face covered because if you let your guard down you wont see it coming, things are going to start to get interesting very soon! good luck to all of us, we're going to need it!

Edited by bigphish
  • Like 1