'17 F-Series Super Duty- Lighter and Stronger

ANTAUS

It's an easy fix, when the OEM ball joints wear out, replace them with aftermarket ones. Most of the quality aftermarket ball joints have zerk fittings.

The oem's only last 40-50k on our SD trucks. The replacements are hd moogs and last till we get rid of them at 300k. Only takes a few pumps of grease every oil change.

Which begs the question, why did Ford go to non-greaseable ball joints ?

Well, obviously. The tranny in the Super Duty has to be built to handle more HP, torque, and sustained loads.

I'm fine with that. I mean, what's the point in putting in a tranny capable of handling 1000 ft-lbs of torque if it only needs to handle 500. All it does is cost more and hurt fuel economy.

I have less than fond memories and experiences with E4OD's & 4R100's which were shared between light and heavy duties to want to see the bulletproof torqshift get taken away. A few years of heavy plowing is very rough on the transmission and I want as much durability as possible.

Hmmm, I missed that. Maybe we do get IFS? I haven't seen any pictures underneath yet. I would find it hard to believe they would do away with the hubs with the manual override on SFA.

I was mostly referring to not having any revolutionary changes in the suspensions. Just updates to handle more load.