2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty: This Is More Of It

IMSA-XJR9

Well I'm relieved to see the drop down side windows remain-shades of HN-80! Earlier pix looked like it was a straight sill. As for the grill, the aftermarket grill boys should do very well-would not take much to improve this fugly "Jukebox" grill. I thought they ran this stuff by "focus" groups??

I've told you guys for almost a year that it was going to share the cab with the 150.

• Like 1

I have been saying they should be sharing cabs for the last 6 years.

Well you and Pioneer are not alone! I believe a while back we had discussion on the internal dimensions-virtually identical so what EVER was the point of producing two cab structures?? I think it went back to 97 when the 150 underwent its first major cab change?

• Like 1

Well you and Pioneer are not alone! I believe a while back we had discussion on the internal dimensions-virtually identical so what EVER was the point of producing two cab structures?? I think it went back to 97 when the 150 underwent its first major cab change?

Yes the current SD cab goes back to the intro of the 97 F150, there was no 1998 F350. The last of the OBS 97 HD's (Who wouldn't kill for the opportunity these days to buy a new 97 Powerstroke!) were on the lot at the same time as the 99 SD's.

I remember reading that the though process was that the F150 and SD were trying to target two completely different markets with the 150 going more care like and the SD going for traditional buyers.

Yes the current SD cab goes back to the intro of the 97 F150, there was no 1998 F350. The last of the OBS 97 HD's (Who wouldn't kill for the opportunity these days to buy a new 97 Powerstroke!) were on the lot at the same time as the 99 SD's.

I remember reading that the though process was that the F150 and SD were trying to target two completely different markets with the 150 going more care like and the SD going for traditional buyers.

Exactly-and I remember I had a (97/98??) "250" that was a "heavy 150" with a higher gvw and 250 badges. I think that lasted for only one or two years. One I had at one of my operations was I think the only one I ever saw. But I think the interior dimensions of that 97 150 were significantly smaller than next generation Super Duty-which sort of justified the two cabs. Of late...What's the point???

And for sure, a clean 250-350 PS 97/98 will command a high price-and most guys who have one of those today treat them accordingly!

Looks like he's got an advanced prototype. Announced to come with the 6 speed.

I'm waiting for the 10 speed.

Announced yes, but that doesn't mean it won't change. The 17s have been running around with the 10 speed for almost a year now. There are many of them with 10 speeds running in MI..

Remember, there is still 8-9 months before the truck is released.. plenty of time for Ford to make more announcements and changes. They are going to hit Ram hard.

Highest HP

Highest TQ

Highest Payload

Highest towing capacity

and to add the 10 speed to the launch..

• 6 months later...

Would expect to see the 6 speed, maybe 450hp and 950 lb/ft --- Ram is going to release the 2017 about a month or two after Ford. If the Cummins goes up over 950 lb/ft, then Ford will up their torque to be "Class Leader" just like they did with GM on the 6.7L release.