1.0L Focus impressions

fuzzymoomoo

Simple solution, teach him how to drive a stick!

Well he's a she, and I think she's wearing khaki's today... :hysterical:

That thought had crossed my mind, but I would also have to teach my wife, which didn't go so well the first time I tried that. She can drive an ATV with the automatic clutch, so she knows when to shift. That's half the battle, although it's the easy half.

Mine has started shuddering as well. I was hoping I would buck the trend. Instead, I'm just bucking on acceleration.

As an employee of Ford Motor Company, I'd like to personally apologize for the shortsightedness of the upper management. My only hope is it either can be fixed, or it totally falls apart on you so it can be bought back under lemon law, and you can go out and buy a vehicle that will perform well without excessive and unneeded trips back to the dealer.

Edited by Pioneer
  • Like 2

Well he's a she, and I think she's wearing khaki's today... :hysterical:

That thought had crossed my mind, but I would also have to teach my wife, which didn't go so well the first time I tried that. She can drive an ATV with the automatic clutch, so she knows when to shift. That's half the battle, although it's the easy half.

It's hard to text & drive when you have to shift gears. ;)

• Like 1

It's hard to text & drive when you have to shift gears. ;)

I'm not worried about my daughter doing that...she is very cautious and a goody-two-shoes. We just had a discussion about using a knife to cut an apple. This 12 year old is afraid to use a paring knife! I'm afraid she would just drive around in 1st gear because she's afraid to take one hand off the wheel to shift! :)

My son, on the other hand. Look the hell out, cause he's a freaking rules-be-damned, what can I do to have fun, who cares about consequences, dare devil. We're screwed when he starts driving...

• Like 1

Ford of Australia

http://www.ford.com.au/cars/focus

EB1.5

6spd manual 5.8 L/100Km

6F ATX 6.2 L/100Km

6.5% less Efficent

While that's true I think is prudent to keep those figures in context.

The previous 2.0 had 5-speed manual (6,6 l/100km) and the 6-speed powershift.(6.6 l/100 km)

So there's are an improvement over the previous versions in both test cycles but clearly, the manual does better.

I'm wondering if that's because the 6F doesn't lock up in all forward gears like the good ZF gearboxes and mazda SkyActiv does..

This is an area Ford can work on and improve over time, it's probably down to software and a stronger converter clutch.In

interestingly, the 1.0 Ecoboost Focus has been dropped in Australia, the feeling is that the power economy mix of the 1.5 EB reaches more buyers.

The 2.0 Diesel is also gone as well....the 1.5 EB's economy being somewhere between the 2.0 gasoline and the 2.0 Diesel..

^^^^^ Does this point the way for US engine / Trans change in Focus?

Edited by jpd80

thinking 120 hp/liter and 120 lb ft /liter.... that could mean around 140 Hp/140 lb ft

which would be perfect entry level engine for subcompacts and compacts.

Unless it's replacing the 1.5 as the main volume engine in the Focus, I just don't see it. It can be the main volume engine in the Fiesta globally with no problems, but I just can't see them replacing the 1.5. I'm leaning towards seeing it in the Escape as a low volume option (kinda like the 1.0 is in the NA Focus)

Unless it's replacing the 1.5 as the main volume engine in the Focus, I just don't see it. It can be the main volume engine in the Fiesta globally with no problems, but I just can't see them replacing the 1.5. I'm leaning towards seeing it in the Escape as a low volume option (kinda like the 1.0 is in the NA Focus)

The 1.2 EB may go hand on hand with next gen Focus.

We have Focus Sport with 1.5 EB, a trim level between Trend (SE) and Titanium

While that's true I think is prudent to keep those figures in context.

The previous 2.0 had 5-speed manual (6,6 l/100km) and the 6-speed powershift.(6.6 l/100 km)

So there's are an improvement over the previous versions in both test cycles but clearly, the manual does better.

I'm wondering if that's because the 6F doesn't lock up in all forward gears like the good ZF gearboxes and mazda SkyActiv does..

This is an area Ford can work on and improve over time, it's probably down to software and a stronger converter clutch.In

interestingly, the 1.0 Ecoboost Focus has been dropped in Australia, the feeling is that the power economy mix of the 1.5 EB reaches more buyers.

The 2.0 Diesel is also gone as well....the 1.5 EB's economy being somewhere between the 2.0 gasoline and the 2.0 Diesel..

^^^^^ Does this point the way for US engine / Trans change in Focus?

The 6F locks up in all gears.

Again Expect the 7DCT from Getrag, or look at new CVT for light weight cost conscious vehicles.