Ford Motor Company August 2015 Sales Results

akirby

@akirby...depends on what ones idea of "good" is....FWD SEL loaded 1500 down 3 years based at a few hundred over inv approx. 400 plus tax 15000 miles....funny though Ford is sendin a LOT of AWD Edges....big discount packages on them as well....cleaning out stockpiled AWD equip?....

@akirby...depends on what ones idea of "good" is....FWD SEL loaded 1500 down 3 years based at a few hundred over inv approx. 400 plus tax 15000 miles....funny though Ford is sendin a LOT of AWD Edges....big discount packages on them as well....cleaning out stockpiled AWD equip?....

Probably a ploy to boost average transaction price during the launch period.

Lots of car companies do the same... this way they will have something good to say during the next quarterly earnings call.

Is a plant in California justified to improve supply there - I'm thinking something like NUMMI that builds a few different types from parts shipped in.

Unless the plant is operated by Tesla Motors, there's no economic justification for a new mass production automobile assembly plant in the U.S. state of California. Northern Mexico (Sonora, Baja California, Chihuahua, Coahuila) serves the market more effectively.

Deanh, you're often citing a shortage of product linked to transport issues.

Is a plant in California justified to improve supply there - I'm thinking something like NUMMI

that builds a few different types from parts shipped in.

Too expensive to assemble there. Too far out of the supply chain.

• Like 1

Nope, I think more blame might go to:

gm-vice-president-of-sales-for-north-ame

Still not sure why they brought him on board.

He does not look like a happy man.

Though he's probably still sore because George took Lorraine to the Enchantment Under the Sea dance and decked him in the face.

Edited by Intrepidatious
  • Like 1

JPD, Pioneer is on the money...to conduct a business in Ca is wrought with outrageous expense, crazy taxes and exceedingly stringent AQMD requirements....I know a LOT of business moving their business's to Nevada for the very reasons outlined....

So what's the solution to improving transportation of vehicles to California, is there a way of securing more rail capacity?

@jpd. I'm thinking Ford sells plenty of vehicles in California or they would build assembly plants and/or modifty transportation routes to improve inventory out west.

Seriously, Ford has been in business for 112 years. Don't you think they have this vehicle allocation figured out by now?

According to Deanh who works at a Cal Ford Dealership, no.

Read his posts and you'll see they have shortages of stock in everything except Fusion..

It is a big issue for them because of the growing popularity.

Edited by jpd80

One dealer in California complaining about lack of inventory does not equal shortage of Ford vehicles at dealerships in California.

True, but I'm sure that deanh will respond to your post, the issue is transportation logistics to all dealers in Western states,

apparently Ford is not alone with having real issues with the limited booking space on trains,.....

Edited by jpd80

True, but I'm sure that deanh will respond to your post, the issue is transportation logistics to all dealers in Western states,

apparently Ford is not alone with having real issues with the limited booking space on trains,.....

There has been a rail transport jam in the west, in particular, because the oil companies in Canada, Wyoming, etc, have been paying top dollar for rail transport due to the lack of pipeline carrying capacity. Kind of ironic that they've been starving the supply lines of products that consume their product...

So what's the solution to improving transportation of vehicles to California, is there a way of securing more rail capacity?

Basically, they need to outbid the oil companies, hope that pipeline capacity gets increased, or pray for oil prices to go and stay low.

Edited by SoonerLS

Blows me away that people seem to be so against pipelines yet dont here much about oil in trains.

Oh, people are well aware of crude oil transport via rail. Especially when those trains derail and result in evacuations of populated areas in close proximity, e.g., Heimdal, North Dakota earlier this year:

train-crash.jpg

post-47995-0-39363100-1441477163_thumb.jpg47 people killed in Quebec incident. Lots of call for regulation changes but nothing about alternatives. Pipelines are very cost effective and very heavily regulated. They have incidents as do other industries however in my opinion the media blows things way out of proportion on size and frequency.