6,000 miles later

Well, it has been 9 months and 6,000 miles since we bought out 2014 TC. We like it and have taken it on a few road trips. My wife and I agree that it needs more power. We have the 2.5l as it is the only engine choice until Ford puts in an EcoBoost engine in it. I put the bug in Ford's ear that since the new YC is based on the new Focus, that it should get the new Focus RS drivetrain. you know, the 330 HP AWD! ;) I think I will get a low pressure turbo installed after the warranty expires. I think 225 HP is a good number for these vans.
We have had a few minor problems with it. I don't notice the rattling in the front door anymore, but the left sliding door outside handle wont always catch to open it. The far right rear seatbelt pulled out of the mount at the top mounting point. At the back of the sliding doors, their rubber strips have both come unglued. Lastly, we are waiting on the new fuel pump that is part of the recall.
I, nor my wife have not come close to getting the advertised fuel economy numbers. I have a heavy foot, but she doesn't...

post-52848-0-86182000-1440910868_thumb.jpg

post-52848-0-33099200-1440910921_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A lot of forums I've visited all seem to compare the TC to a Subaru outback or alternative.. The TC is not a Subaru nor ever will be.. If People keep trying to compare the TC to the Subaru.. then they should opt out of the TC and into the Subaru.. The TC is and has it's own image and stance. I don't compare the TC to anything but it's self.. Because even the Dodge, Chevy and Nissan version do not compare or stack up to the TC.

• Like 1