Finally, Ford is figuring it out on the Ranger

NAVYDAVY

:)We use to have 200,000 in sales, and be the segment leader. Now that can happen again, just build it right and put the right power

train in it. People want it for their 1 car garage. You will see, this is the new size, the new normal. I'm saving my money for this one.

Build it Aluminum or build it steel, Ecoboost it, Diesel it, just build it the way people want, If you read the forums or blogs, people keep asking for it.

:)We use to have 200,000 in sales, and be the segment leader. Now that can happen again, just build it right and put the right power

train in it. People want it for their 1 car garage. You will see, this is the new size, the new normal. I'm saving my money for this one.

Build it Aluminum or build it steel, Ecoboost it, Diesel it, just build it the way people want, If you read the forums or blogs, people keep asking for it.

What really sold the old Ranger was a low base price.

What really sold the old Ranger was a low base price.

Agree- IMO, AND BOF construction and a decent size. And to those who say .."the only reason Ranger sold so well was it was low cost transportation" ...I'm sure there were plenty of other low cost "basic transportation vehicles" on the market back in the Ranger's high volume years. But the allure was it was a TRUCK. Not an econobox.

My big fear is we will end up with a TC derived econobox-or as I prefer to call them-"cheesebox"

I have been noticing a lot of the new GM twins- and the thought came to mind- "well GM did a good job of duplicating T-6 dimensions-don't know the actual dimensions, but if the knock on T-6 is it is too close to 150, my eye says the GM's appear to me to be very close in size to the full size GM's.

As the buyer of a $7995 1990 base, 2wd, reg cab swb manual Ranger, I assure you that price was the major factor behind those Ranger sales back then, with utility being a bonus. From what I remember those trucks made up 75% of the inventory back then, if not more. Ford was practically giving them away to maintain their best selling title.

Hell put the 2.7 or 3.5 V6 and it should be fun.

Unless the weight will be about the same as the F150.

I wish it was coming sooner, need a new'newer set of wheels.

Love a Mustang, but might not be sensible in the Upper Midwest.

A new "Ranger" with the 2017 Raptor's 400HP+ EcoBeast engine would make an excellent Lightning replacement!

• Like 1

As the buyer of a $7995 1990 base, 2wd, reg cab swb manual Ranger, I assure you that price was the major factor behind those Ranger sales back then, with utility being a bonus. From what I remember those trucks made up 75% of the inventory back then, if not more. Ford was practically giving them away to maintain their best selling title.

Again NOT disagreeing on price as a significant factor. But based on my experience (had a decently optioned 89 Super Cab 4wd) and knowing plenty of other owners of nicely optioned Rangers during those high volume years, I don't believe price was the sole reason for great sales numbers.

• 3 weeks later...