I need to lower my 2011 F-250 SD body.

bwest4030

Howdy from Texas,

Here's my issue. I haul a 33' fifth-wheel RV behind my 2011 F-250 SD 4-door, short bed truck. The elevated (factory stock) truck bed height results in the rear end of the RV sitting too close to the road. I've lost one fixed jack to dragging the rear end over a speed bump.

While I thoroughly love my truck, the body has to come down several inches. Although the truck is an FX4, I have no intention of ever 'stump jumping.' And, while I like the 'Low Rider' look, I want my truck to look boringly normal. I want as good a ride as possible, & improve the handling.

I'm looking for professional experienced advice as to how to achieve the desired results; lowered truck body, good ride, & better handling. Thanks very much for your time and consideration.

Bill W. MSgt USAF (Ret.)

I am assuming you have a fifth wheel, correct?

If so, have you checked the hitch to see if it can be lowered? It's possible that the hitch could be lowered a bit to help things out. Do you have a picture of your setup hooked up so we can see?

Really, if you haven't lifted your truck, you should not need to lower it unless you have an unusual trailer. My '08 F250 4x4 (stock) hauls our 32' fifth wheel just fine, and it sits almost perfectly level.