Wage Rumor

Tier2

News just said Chrysler employees are not at all happy with this contract offer. Funny they just had a story on Detroit teachers union, how it has become a company union and how they want to start a new one that accutally works for and not against the teachers. Sounds like they got the right idea.

Sounds like a great idea.

• 4 weeks later...

Go ahead and opt out.Think you are not being treated fairly now? Wait till you have no union representation.

Exactly, they will post ALL the names in each plant who have opted out for all to see. Think it won't happen, in other rtw states other unions have done the same. Then go ahead a get written up for something stupid or be a a few minutes late and when you get written up see how hard your union rep fights for you...

What part doesn't look true.... They just lowered the signing bonus in order to give Tier 1 a raise. How can you not see that?

Your funny!

Tier 2 sacrificed for Tier 1, your obliviously don't understand things!

Get some time under your belt then you will see that Tier 2 has gave nothing up for Tier 1.

Go watch bugs bunny and eat your toast before your parents catch you on their computer!

• 1 month later...

It's called common sense.

Why did FCA Mopar plants get full wage? Because the membership stood up for themselves.

Three plants get screwed this contract Don't kid yourselves. They will go after the rest of SBU next contract.

Getting screwed would be not having the opportunity to bid out to get full pay. Those plants were saved from getting shut down and having a supplier do the work while paying their employees $10/hr. Edited by Tier2

Getting screwed would be not having the opportunity to bid out to get full pay. Those plants were saved from getting shut down and having a supplier do the work while paying their employees $10/hr.

You let Ford get one stamping plant get lower pay, next contract they go after the whole Stamping Business Unit.

Then the Powertrain plants.

It won't stop until you draw a line in the sand. As a current Tier 2 employee I would think you would understand. But I guess you see the carrot and not the stick.

• Like 2

Your funny!

Tier 2 sacrificed for Tier 1, your obliviously don't understand things!

Get some time under your belt then you will see that Tier 2 has gave nothing up for Tier 1.

Go watch bugs bunny and eat your toast before your parents catch you on their computer!

God damn shut up already about "put your time in".

I'm sure your sorry old ass works so hard.

While tier 2 has not and never will give up the things legacy workers once had, there is no arguing this. We do know for a very very longtime you had it better than a large chunk of the population and now that you have been taken down a peg you don't like it. Before you act like a total cock sucker to a tier 2 worker swap paychecks with them for a few weeks and see how it feels.

You can play the "I started at this and worked up to this over my career".

Ya you started at 12 an hour or whatever when 12 bucks went farther than 20 does now so that argument is stupid.

Before the "you knew what you signed up for when you took the job" bullshit pops up, remember asshole when you started at 12 or whatever it was how would you like to have been stuck there and told "then quit, you took the job!".

The problem is bitching is like an epidemic that spreads, the more you hear legacy workers bitching about overtime after 8, COLA, no raises in 12 years, and what ever else you lost the more new hired will start to bitch about their problems.

Do legacy workers have the right to bitch, sure you can see it that way but if you're quick to tell a new hire to shut up and be thankful they have a job then you should do the same.

Don't tell someone not to bitch if you're going to turn around and start bitching. Before you puff up your chest and claim you have been robbed of this and that so you have "the right to bitch", no you don't.

Benefits offered change with time with every employer. Sometimes for the better, sometimes the worse.

The only thing you have the "right" to do is stfu and do your damn job, that goes for legacy and new hires.

Between this forum and the morons at the plant I really wish they would just start firing people for complaining so much, I'm sick of hearing the bitching and I'm sick of bitching myself.

Just go vote however you feel is best and stfu.

Edited by caustic
  • Like 1

I don't profess to speak for everyone but most of the people I talk to in the 4 plants I have been in lately seem to agree.

Most Tier ones feel we gave up a raise last contract to allow Tier 2 to get a little more than they had. We didn't like it but it was the right thing to do and we voted yes. This contract many of us said we would vote no if the Tier 2 did not have a path to full pay. I was thinking 3 or 4 years not 8 but it is what it is. I also wanted the 2 tier benefit issues resolved and it was. I also said if I did not get a raise I would vote no. I don't like only getting 2 instead of 4 but it will have to do. Ford was giving us the cash instead of raises long before this contract.

Nobody got everything they wanted including the company. They will continue to push down wages & we have to speak out loudly when it happens. Most tier ones want to see everyone making full pay. I would also like to see the suppliers making more than $15.00 as well.

We need to stop fighting with each other and direct our energy in a more productive way. As long as they can pay $3 to $5 an hr in Mexico and we have trade deals to allow cars to come in tariff free the pressure to lower wages will not go away. If next contract Ford tells the Power Train Plants they take a $5.00 pay cut plus pay half your healthcare or we close your plant and move to Mexico what will we do. Since 1980 the U.S. has lost 7 million manufacturing jobs and we continue to make unfair trade deals with the very countries who take our jobs. Stop fighting with each other and start fighting the real problem.

Edited by Dayshift
  • Like 1

"Just go vote however you feel is best and stfu." out fricken standing caustic!!!!!

"Between this forum and the morons at the plant I really wish they would just start firing people for complaining so much, I'm sick of hearing the bitching and I'm sick of bitching myself."

One of the best opinions posted here. (a little long winded :hysterical: )

Edited by Decker

You let Ford get one stamping plant get lower pay, next contract they go after the whole Stamping Business Unit.

Then the Powertrain plants.

It won't stop until you draw a line in the sand. As a current Tier 2 employee I would think you would understand. But I guess you see the carrot and not the stick.

most ppl cant see past about 10 ft. this is it.

why stop there? ppl all over will lose out unless things change

• Like 1

"Just go vote however you feel is best and stfu." out fricken standing caustic!!!!!

"Between this forum and the morons at the plant I really wish they would just start firing people for complaining so much, I'm sick of hearing the bitching and I'm sick of bitching myself."

One of the best opinions posted here. (a little long winded :hysterical: )

That was the short version.

• Like 1