Wage Rumor

Tier2

Hmmm.... already at the table and went there without a strike authorization? The membership is the highest authority...?

Decker

The UAW picked Ford because they believe they are most likely to get the things that are most important to them this contract. They have been talking behind the scenes for over a year and everyone pretty much knows were they stand. They know GM & FCA will be more difficult so this could be our year.

Will they fight, sure they will that's what they get paid to do. Will both side give & take. Right again, but they knew going in pretty much what the contract would look like. They don't just sit down in August & by the end of Sept. figure this all out. The key is getting a deal the UAW can sell us on. Remember it was not that many years ago we voted a contract down. If I don't like what I see, I will vote no on this one as well. Just like the State of Michigan Road proposal if we don't like it we all just need to vote no.

We need to remember Ford is making a bundle of money right now. We gave up a lot in the last 3 contracts. The question is how will this contract fairly address this issue. I'm hoping for the best but very ready to VOTE NO.

Edited by Dayshift
  • Like 1

The UAW picked Ford because they believe they are most likely to get the things that are most important to them this contract. They have been talking behind the scenes for over a year and everyone pretty much knows were they stand. They know GM & FCA will be more difficult so this could be our year.

Will they fight, sure they will that's what they get paid to do. Will both side give & take. Right again, but they knew going in pretty much what the contract would look like. They don't just sit down in August & by the end of Sept. figure this all out. The key is getting a deal the UAW can sell us on. Remember it was not that many years ago we voted a contract down. If I don't like what I see, I will vote no on this one as well. Just like the State of Michigan Road proposal if we don't like it we all just need to vote no.

We need to remember Ford is making a bundle of money right now. We gave up a lot in the last 3 contracts. The question is how will this contract fairly address this issue. I'm hoping for the best but very ready to VOTE NO.

You say the key is for the UAW to get a deal that they can sell on us?? If that's the case why haven't they done that in the past?? Your saying no raises and everything else that's been given up in the past contracts was good for the members. They raise our dues without allowing us the members to vote on the increase, was that good for us?

I've stated previously I knew all that, however I knew as well there would be a 100% chance it would all change this year.

No such thing as a "100% chance." That is called an oxymoron.

If you hired into Ford as a Tier 2 and signed a contract that stated "there would be a 100% chance that it would all change this year" (whatever that means), then you might have a legitimate argument. But you didn't and you sound foolish.

You need to learn, that each one of us can be replaced.

Remember that when you're giggling with the line leader and the supervisor about how dumb everyone is and how the line wouldn't run without you.

• Like 1

I voted no, along with 1788 other 551 members. One of only two local`s to do so.

"Will they fight, sure they will that`s what they get paid to do." "Will both sides give & take. Right again"

Fight, because they get paid to fight..... ? what kinda fighting have you witnessed in the last 3 contracts?

Give and take...? what kinda give and take have you witnessed in the last 3 contracts?

How many contracts have you had to live with? How many re opened contracts have you shared the disparity? How many no votes have you cast?

Decker

1 of the 1788

I voted no, along with 1788 other 551 members. One of only two local`s to do so.

"Will they fight, sure they will that`s what they get paid to do." "Will both sides give & take. Right again"

Fight, because they get paid to fight..... ? what kinda fighting have you witnessed in the last 3 contracts?

Give and take...? what kinda give and take have you witnessed in the last 3 contracts?

How many contracts have you had to live with? How many re opened contracts have you shared the disparity? How many no votes have you cast?

Decker

1 of the 1788

I know it's not much of an excuse. But the reason more locals didn't vote No is because after the first two locals voted it down the IUAW panicked and held emergency meetings at every local with some of the guys who actually wrote tha contract strongly urging us to vote Yes. With all the pressure and scare tactics from IUAW people were to scared to vote it down

new rumor has it, tier 1 getting 5% raise in 2015 and again the next 3 yrs for a total of 20% tier 1 is also getting a signing bonus of 20% your annual pay. each tier 1 person will be assigned a tier 2 too assist them in day to day operations. tier 2 will be brought up to tier 1 pay as soon as possible, this will be starting in 2015 tier 2 will recieve a 1% raise each yr until they reach tier 1 pay. tier 2 will also be required to bring in donuts each friday.almost forgot, tier 2 is also getting a signing bonus of 1.25% on each of the even yrs of this contract.

• Like 2

I know it's not much of an excuse. But the reason more locals didn't vote No is because after the first two locals voted it down the IUAW panicked and held emergency meetings at every local with some of the guys who actually wrote tha contract strongly urging us to vote Yes. With all the pressure and scare tactics from IUAW people were to scared to vote it down

No one sticks together and the companies know this. There's absolutely zero brotherhood, everyone is out for themselves and that is why these shitty contracts have passed and will continue to do so.

• Like 3

I fought for your right to vote, either for or against. So I`m not looking for the I`m right or your wrong crap, that is what the IUAW leadership is all about.

I`m completely aware of the scare tactic`s hell the first three rows of members at our hall were being sprayed by big jimmy`s threats that were very moist as they exited his lying ass. But.... what the hell can the IUAW do if we voted no? Do you think Ford didn`t know about the profits they were going to make or at least had a business plan in place to make those profits? The IUAW is the only people at the table that don`t have a business education or don`t have any real success at being a business agent. Hell the IUAW is still spending millions on the lost cause of gaining members... they cant sell being a member to anyone.

I know you have heard it many times from the IUAW political bullshit artists "we need change" or "vote for change" and then we give them what they tell us we want or vote the way they want us to vote and what do we get? Just look at the last 3 or 4 contracts......

There is only one change that will help the membership.... stop being sheep and grow the fuck up. These political bull shitters sold our labor for half of what they got for the same labor in a prior contract and showed the whole world you and I are over paid, mindless, whining babies and sheep that are frightened of there big bad IUAW leaders.... nothing more than fucken sheep.

Our IUAW leaders are nothing more than a very poor fucking business agent. nothing more... with a track record that would have got them drummed out of the business world a long time ago. But... no they have this bull shit exclusiveness shit wrote into you asses.

Vote as you feel the need to vote or vote as it makes you comfortable and secure but...... make the only change that will benefit the whole membership, use your mine to think for yourself.and don`t be afraid to ask questions and don`t believe the shit that just don`t make any sense.

nmsford we are the only thing that the IUAW has to sell to Ford, we should be portrayed by are agents as something more than the agents have portrayed us. We have produced every penny of profit that Ford has put into their pockets sense the great recession. We`ve produced over 4 billion profit so far this year, if I was selling seed that had our, the memberships productivity there would be farmers from all over the mid west fighting to get my seeds for the next growing season. But our agents can`t sell the highest productivity of any work force in the world. Hell these so called union leaders don`t even put our productivity on the table.

I`m not looking for the "we at the 551 were right" and every other local was wrong, I just won`t let anyone forget there are locals out there that still have the union ideology in their mines and think for themselves for the betterment of the membership.

Decker

1 of the 1788

Edited by Decker
  • Like 4

Decker

1 of the 1788

I hired in in 1992 so I have seen my share of good contracts as well as bad ones. I can't argue with you on most of what your saying. I am also amazed that i'm apart of an organization that can raise my dues with giving me a vote on it.

I say that needs to change. If I get some of the major givebacks returned to us this round then I will say they keep the dues increase. If not then we need to fight to get it reversed. I should get what I pay for and at least get a say in any future dues increases.

Edited by Dayshift
  • Like 1

I hired in in 1992 so I have seen my share of good contracts as well as bad ones. I can't argue with you on most of what your saying. I am also amazed that i'm apart of an organization that can raise my dues with giving me a vote on it.

I say that needs to change. If I get some of the major givebacks returned to us this round then I will say they keep the dues increase. If not then we need to fight to get it reversed. I should get what I pay for and at least get a say in any future dues increases.

Edited by focusfrank

If you hired into Ford as a Tier 2 and signed a contract that stated "there would be a 100% chance that it would all change this year" (whatever that means), then you might have a legitimate argument. But you didn't and you sound foolish.

Remember that when you're giggling with the line leader and the supervisor about how dumb everyone is and how the line wouldn't run without you.

All Tier 1's that are crying that they haven't had a raise in a decade....but are still making $28/hr....should read this.

All Tier 1's that are crying that they haven't had a raise in a decade....but are still making $28/hr....should read this.

Only its not directed at Tier 1's. Its directed straight to YOU. Most tier one people KNOW that they are like any worker in the world, replaceable. Its little kiss-asses like you appear to be that think they are so highly prized, that they are so extremely important to the running of this business, that think they are safe and secure, no matter what.

Sorry to burst your little bubble, but I honestly believe that you have been PLAYED by tier 1 people that you "Claim" to have begged for your help. Its an old game...its called SCREW THE KISSS ASS and most tier 1 people know it well. It puts said ass-kisser on the spot in the eyes of the bosses, it shows the boss how easy it is to manipulate an Idiot., and it makes said idiot into a first class FOOL. Now said Fool, becomes a TARGET, don't make a mistake, cause you have now played yourself into a corner. When someone that does their job and ONLY their job, makes a small mistake, it usually gets overlooked. When said FOOL that goes above and beyond on a consistent basis makes the same mistake, they get BURNED. Why? Cause its easier for a boss to manipulate the fool, as he has proven himself to be so self important that he takes the shit without complaint. The guy that does no extra, CAN'T BE PUSHED AROUND, by the incompetent bosses that so many of us have to deal with daily.

You win the prize....Enjoy your time under the bosses DESK. its the only job you will ever be good at.

• Like 4

Did any of you know they could raise our dues without giving us a vote?

It is in your constitution.

By voting for your constitutional convention delegate you voted for the increase in your dues. If your delegate did. Remember delegates are, for the most part sheep looking for a personal political gain too. So the IUAW political bull shitters on most all occasions have their way with our delegates....

It is some boring ass reading, just as is any business agreement but, your constitution needs to be read or at least looked at for your specific issue. Your constitution even with all its legaleeees and loop holes is the best tool you have to try to keep these leaders, that have washed unionism almost completely out of our union with their personal political gain agenda, under some kind of control.

It`s far from easy, it`s far from quick and it sometimes puts you at odds with both the IUAW so called leaders and herds of your fellow sheep but, the constitution can even over turn a IUAW Presidents decision and even over turn those political bull shitters we call the IUAW Executive Board. I thank G-d that the constitution was amended back in 1956 and a great president then, put in place, in your constitution, the UAW PRB.

Dayshift, power is not in the positions our present IUAW politicians hold, (they want you to think it is, again them telling you what to think) power comes from doing what the membership needs and working on the issues the membership agrees on, that needs to be fought for as a union. The IUAW leadership has completely forgot how unionism put the power into the hands of the past presidents that did just that. Politic`s isn`t power, knowledge is. Politics is how they control the sheep.... don`t read that constitution it`s to boring, long and hard to read, they tell the sheep.

Decker

Edited by Decker

I'M SO F-ING TIRED OF I DO THE SAME JOB AS YOU AND YOU MAKE MORE. DAMN IT YOU KNEW THAT COMING INTO IT. YOU KNEW IT KNEW IT KNEW !!! STOP CRYING ABOUT IT. YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TAKEN THE JOB. WHILE I NEVER EVER LIKED 2 TIERS, DIDNT THINK IT WAS FAIR , IT WAS DONE TO SAVE THE COMPANYS. WE WERE SAVING OUR JOBS. WHEN I GET A RAISE THAT I HAVENT RECIEVED IN 10 YEARS THEN I WILL RALLY TO GET YOU UP TO FULL PAY. I SURE AS HELL AM NOT GOING TO LOBBY FOR YOU TO GET MY PAY WITHOUT A RAISE FOR ME. I KNEW WHAT I WS GETTING INTO 20 YEARS AGO. IT TOOK ME 4 YEARS TO GET TO FULL PAY. DO YOU THINK ANYONE WOULD CRY FOR ME IF I SAID "I DO THE SAME JOB AS YOU, WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT 4 YEARS TO GET YOUR PAY" THEY WOULD HAVE SAID WHAT I SAY TO YOU, SHUT UP YOU KNEW IT GOING IN, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT QUIT.

SIR YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

• Like 2

I fought for your right to vote, either for or against. So I`m not looking for the I`m right or your wrong crap, that is what the IUAW leadership is all about.

I`m completely aware of the scare tactic`s hell the first three rows of members at our hall were being sprayed by big jimmy`s threats that were very moist as they exited his lying ass. But.... what the hell can the IUAW do if we voted no? Do you think Ford didn`t know about the profits they were going to make or at least had a business plan in place to make those profits? The IUAW is the only people at the table that don`t have a business education or don`t have any real success at being a business agent. Hell the IUAW is still spending millions on the lost cause of gaining members... they cant sell being a member to anyone.

I know you have heard it many times from the IUAW political bullshit artists "we need change" or "vote for change" and then we give them what they tell us we want or vote the way they want us to vote and what do we get? Just look at the last 3 or 4 contracts......

There is only one change that will help the membership.... stop being sheep and grow the fuck up. These political bull shitters sold our labor for half of what they got for the same labor in a prior contract and showed the whole world you and I are over paid, mindless, whining babies and sheep that are frightened of there big bad IUAW leaders.... nothing more than fucken sheep.

Our IUAW leaders are nothing more than a very poor fucking business agent. nothing more... with a track record that would have got them drummed out of the business world a long time ago. But... no they have this bull shit exclusiveness shit wrote into you asses.

Vote as you feel the need to vote or vote as it makes you comfortable and secure but...... make the only change that will benefit the whole membership, use your mine to think for yourself.and don`t be afraid to ask questions and don`t believe the shit that just don`t make any sense.

nmsford we are the only thing that the IUAW has to sell to Ford, we should be portrayed by are agents as something more than the agents have portrayed us. We have produced every penny of profit that Ford has put into their pockets sense the great recession. We`ve produced over 4 billion profit so far this year, if I was selling seed that had our, the memberships productivity there would be farmers from all over the mid west fighting to get my seeds for the next growing season. But our agents can`t sell the highest productivity of any work force in the world. Hell these so called union leaders don`t even put our productivity on the table.

I`m not looking for the "we at the 551 were right" and every other local was wrong, I just won`t let anyone forget there are locals out there that still have the union ideology in their mines and think for themselves for the betterment of the membership.

Decker

1 of the 1788

You pretty much nailed it.

Coming from the outside into Ford ( tradesman ) and from another union (International Association of Machinists & Aerospace workers ) the way our local / international was run is similar to the UAW, and its not favorable. I was a steward for several years and every contract the company was executing their business plans while our local union negotiators was on par with the cast and crew of Hee-Haw. The international would have provided an atty. for negotiations but our local union always refused it becasue " it makes us look like we cant handle it if we ask for help". (They could not handle it)

Every contract the company low balled the union because they knew people would not stand together and most people lived paycheck to paycheck and would never strike ever if they wanted to. Contract votes were ratified by 2/3 or more and the same people that voted yes slammed the local union people. Its really a two way street. If the contract is a POS simply do not accept it, if you do don't blame anyone except yourself if you voted for it.

Contract will be here shortly and look for the magical 51% ratification number.

• Like 1

I'M SO F-ING TIRED OF I DO THE SAME JOB AS YOU AND YOU MAKE MORE. DAMN IT YOU KNEW THAT COMING INTO IT. YOU KNEW IT KNEW IT KNEW !!! STOP CRYING ABOUT IT. YOU SHOULDNT HAVE TAKEN THE JOB. WHILE I NEVER EVER LIKED 2 TIERS, DIDNT THINK IT WAS FAIR , IT WAS DONE TO SAVE THE COMPANYS. WE WERE SAVING OUR JOBS. WHEN I GET A RAISE THAT I HAVENT RECIEVED IN 10 YEARS THEN I WILL RALLY TO GET YOU UP TO FULL PAY. I SURE AS HELL AM NOT GOING TO LOBBY FOR YOU TO GET MY PAY WITHOUT A RAISE FOR ME. I KNEW WHAT I WS GETTING INTO 20 YEARS AGO. IT TOOK ME 4 YEARS TO GET TO FULL PAY. DO YOU THINK ANYONE WOULD CRY FOR ME IF I SAID "I DO THE SAME JOB AS YOU, WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT 4 YEARS TO GET YOUR PAY" THEY WOULD HAVE SAID WHAT I SAY TO YOU, SHUT UP YOU KNEW IT GOING IN, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT QUIT.

SIR YOU ARE AN IDIOT.

You also knew going in that you were joining a union that bargained every four years thus your pay and benefits could change each contract. So if you don't like what a contract or contracts have got you, then quit.

You also knew going in that you were joining a union that bargained every four years thus your pay and benefits could change each contract. So if you don't like what a contract or contracts have got you, then quit.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound when you post stupid shit like that??

• Like 1