Wage Rumor

Tier2

Those "hefty" raises would take 8 years to get to the level you're at now. I've been with Ford 3 years doing the same job as you but you've made roughly $56,000 more. If you want I'll trade you checks starting this week.

You understood what your wage was when you took the job...correct? You understood that you would be paid less then the union members that have not gotten a raise for the past 10 years so the company could hire you...correct? Then what part of this is a surprise to you? I want tier 2 eliminated and I want raises for the upper and lower tier...but for those who came in at the lower wage knew the terms when they signed on to work. I believe the gap will be bridged with a light at the end of the tunnel for the tier 2...but you are working next to the guy making the tier 1 wage because he has not gotten a raise in 10 years, given up benefits, bonuses, cola, holidays and otherwise to allow the company to bring you in and some seem to ignore that. As far as the prediction that started this thread...ridiculous.

• Like 1

I too would like to know where you heard this, it sounds totally made up.

That being said I couldn't in good conscience vote yes unless there was some sort of raise for tier 1. A decade is too long without a raise.

Also I want to hear more about benefits. 5 years is too long to wait to get both dental and vision.

It doesn't take 5 years for dental. Not sure where you're getting your info from but its wrong.

You understood what your wage was when you took the job...correct? You understood that you would be paid less then the union members that have not gotten a raise for the past 10 years so the company could hire you...correct? Then what part of this is a surprise to you? I want tier 2 eliminated and I want raises for the upper and lower tier...but for those who came in at the lower wage knew the terms when they signed on to work. I believe the gap will be bridged with a light at the end of the tunnel for the tier 2...but you are working next to the guy making the tier 1 wage because he has not gotten a raise in 10 years, given up benefits, bonuses, cola, holidays and otherwise to allow the company to bring you in and some seem to ignore that. As far as the prediction that started this thread...ridiculous.

I've stated previously I knew all that, however I knew as well there would be a 100% chance it would all change this year.

Those "hefty" raises would take 8 years to get to the level you're at now. I've been with Ford 3 years doing the same job as you but you've made roughly $56,000 more. If you want I'll trade you checks starting this week.

That is not what your original post said. You stated that "Base Pay for any full time employees will be $20 / hour. Tier 2 will be paid when contract is signed based on how many years Full-time.

For example if you have 2 years your pay will be roughly $22 / hour." That, sir, is a "hefty" raise - one that no Tier 1 employee has ever (to my knowledge) seen all at one time.

That is not what your original post said. You stated that "Base Pay for any full time employees will be $20 / hour. Tier 2 will be paid when contract is signed based on how many years Full-time.

For example if you have 2 years your pay will be roughly $22 / hour." That, sir, is a "hefty" raise - one that no Tier 1 employee has ever (to my knowledge) seen all at one time.

So if our hefty raise is so good and you got it so bad....do you wanna tell payroll we are swapping checks?

So if our hefty raise is so good and you got it so bad....do you wanna tell payroll we are swapping checks?

Is English your second language? Your original post says that you "heard" that Tier 2 would immediately be paid $20 an hour plus $1 for every year they've been with Ford. Correct? Ok, THEREFORE, Tier 2 would be getting a substantial raise all at once. Let me be perfectly clear for you (and I will type slow if you promise to read this slow): I have no problem with Tier 2 getting a raise. What I have a problem with is your clear position that Tier 1 shouldn't get even a small raise if Tier 2 doesn't get a substantial one. Again, no Tier 1 employee has EVER gotten a $4+ an hour raise all at once, so why on God's green earth do you think that YOU deserve one?

Also, did I understand correctly in another post that you took a job at Ford believing "100%" that things would improve for you this year? That's laughable, and you're really showing your naivete. Listen up Skippy, Tier 1 has been giving shit up every contract for a long time. We justifiably believed 100% that the 2007 contract that was negotiated would get us through the entire four years. Instead, it was opened up mid-term and renegotiated. If that hadn't happened, you wouldn't even be here. Never, EVER believe anything to be 100% when it comes to the automotive industry.

I have always felt that Tier 2 employees were getting a raw deal, and it has been humbling working alongside them knowing that they're getting screwed, but you and your animosity towards Tier 1 - as if your circumstances are OUR FAULT - is grossly uncalled for. I took a freaking pay cut for you, among other losses. I don't expect a thank you or even any gratitude at all and I never have, but a little respect, just as a fellow employee, being would absolutely be appropriate.

Edited by madime39
  • Like 4

How about we tell Human Resources to put all 2nd tier people back on the street where they came from and give me COLA from 2002 thru now, give back holidays/xmas bonus, and give retiree's a raise, along with a $2/hr raise and a $5k signing bonus for tier1, and 1st tier will do the jobs of 2nd tier. That way you can go back to your high paying job you gave up to come here and we all would be happy.

• Like 2

How about we tell Human Resources to put all 2nd tier people back on the street where they came from and give me COLA from 2002 thru now, give back holidays/xmas bonus, and give retiree's a raise, along with a $2/hr raise and a $5k signing bonus for tier1, and 1st tier will do the jobs of 2nd tier. That way you can go back to your high paying job you gave up to come here and we all would be happy.

So the company can't ever hire anyone else? Are Tier 1's going to live forever? What is funny is some of you would probably say yes.

Don't blame human resources for not getting a raise and everything else your saying you don't have. You, the members voted yes on all of these things in order for them to pass.

I knew you weren't blaming that on human resources but my point is that the members have allowed these shi÷÷y contracts to pass..

My post was pure sarcasm in response to another ridiculous post from tier2. He/she likes to stir the pot for responses and, like always, I gave him/her something to chew on. I wish I was one of the guys working next to him cause, for this particular individual, I would remind him every frickin day that I make alot more than he does and I would make him do half of my job to boot. And within a month, I would have him buying me lunch too. Again.....only to this individual....would not demean any other production worker other than this tool.

• Like 2

My post was pure sarcasm in response to another ridiculous post from tier2. He/she likes to stir the pot for responses and, like always, I gave him/her something to chew on. I wish I was one of the guys working next to him cause, for this particular individual, I would remind him every frickin day that I make alot more than he does and I would make him do half of my job to boot. And within a month, I would have him buying me lunch too. Again.....only to this individual....would not demean any other production worker other than this tool.

Point taken...We all need to stick together regardless if your tier 1 or tier 2.

You would probably be like the Tier 1's I work with.....begging me for help because they don't know how to run their machines.

Either you work with absolute morons, or you're being played like a fiddle

Based on your comments here, my money is on the latter.

I trained just about every Tier 1 on their jobs in my department and that's a fact. Some just don't catch on as quick as others. Edited by Tier2

Yes the "Tier-1 employees" are superior due to them working for more than 30 or 40 years and still not able to retire because they are 55+ years old and have a 5 year old at home and a ex wife waiting for him to retire so she can get her cut of his pension. So yes that makes them very smart so I will say that it is not a stretch that a new hire has to train them how to do their jobs. We even have some people that transferred to our plant that almost 40 years in and drive 150+ miles every day. So yes I do believe you.