Lincoln MKT Problems

Hello all. I'm new here. I just bought a used 2014 MKT with 34k. The problem I have is when braking, there is a pulsating vibrating noise/feeling. I would take it back to the dealer but they are 300 miles away. Also, my rear window washer fluid is not working. I looked under the hood and I found the line. It's either cut/chewed in half. I can find the other half. Are these covered by warranty? I also purchased the ESP for 100k till 2019.

Suck it up and make the drive....they sold you the car, have them make it "right", especially the cut washer fluid line....after all, you drove 300 miles to buy it.

Edited by twintornados

Suck it up? Ok,...almost 10 hours driving round trip. Then sit all day. Miss a day's pay. Don't think so.

Did you teleport to the dealership to buy it?....c'mon guy, you bought a used car and while I agree that the dealership should have taken care of it prior to delivery, they didn't...but to expect another dealership to take it on the chin to fix the issues that the selling dealer should have is a lot of chutzpah on your part....ask the selling dealer to come and get it and fix it....then have them return it to you....did you ask them to do that?

• Like 1

Listen bud, I don't need anymore of your rambling....

Too bad...you asked for advice on the forum, I offered my opinions of what you should do.....read your warranty.....brakes are a "wear item" and most warranties won't cover them.....you stated your rear washer fluid line was either cut or chewed....how would a warranty cover what sounds like intentional damage? Someone damaged the line and that would not be covered under a defective part warranty.....now, the original dealer would probably make it right for you, but a servicing dealer 300 miles away? Not likely....Did you ask if your selling dealer would pay for the repairs they should have made prior to you accepting the vehicle for delivery?

They should have re-surfaced the rotors during initial inspection when they took the vehicle in....maybe the last person owning it (someone from Lincoln) rode the brakes causing premature wear....either way, you bought a used vehicle and it sounds like the selling dealer did a half-ass job prepping it for re-sale figuring you were 300 miles away and not likely to ever return....you need to put the heat on THAT dealership. Not Lincoln or the servicing dealership.

I am sorry you are having a bad experience with your used Lincoln....my experience with my pre-owned certified Lincoln MKX has been nothing but excellent...but then again, the Lincoln dealership I bought it from is less than 15 miles from my home and they treat me exceedingly well.

• Like 2

Post Closed

It ain't closed until a moderator closes it...to wit, on this we agree....your post thread should be closed since you are not willing to hear the sad truth. You got "snookered" and now you want someone else to get you out of it....you got burned by one of the oldest tricks in used car sales, caveat emptor....

cab7da2640e1991a821ea9e548131b677c02b548

Edited by twintornados

I will say the one post I could see today - I know my Flex and others had issues with brake "grinding/creaking" so not sure if that's what he was referring to with that issue. Beyond that, I don't know much about the situation given the posts are deleted.