This guy is a piece of sh**

call me old school, but ppl that terrible things should have the same thing done back to them.

wonder how he would like it if he was baited and killed in the same manner ?

You have to wonder about that. Like I posted earlier, hunting for food, I get, hunting to protect family, fellow citizens, livestock, property - I get that too. Even to the point of baiting if necessary. Trophy hunting, to mount a head on a wall? Seriously? Baiting a lion, to lure him out of a no hunting zone? I don't see the appeal. Problem is I'm pretty sure they don't think they've done anything wrong.

• Like 1

You have to wonder about that. Like I posted earlier, hunting for food, I get, hunting to protect family, fellow citizens, livestock, property - I get that too. Even to the point of baiting if necessary. Trophy hunting, to mount a head on a wall? Seriously? Baiting a lion, to lure him out of a no hunting zone? I don't see the appeal. Problem is I'm pretty sure they don't think they've done anything wrong.

your right sad part is, he had to have known this...ever as some spokes ppl say otherwise...i mean pathetic, 50k wasted and..... animal life means nothing to these sick poachers, they are a pathetic excuse of a human being

• Like 1

It's a start to be sure but I think a better move would be for the Congress to step in and ban the importation of all trophy kills from overseas.

You know it used to be that people would have mummy unwrapping parties back in the 19th century. Ancient mummies stolen from tombs across Egypt would be taken back to England where it was considered "fun" and "normal" to unwrap a dead mummified body. Now we consider that sort of behavior vulgar and savage and rightly so.

Just as we evolved on the issue of mummy parties the world needs to evolve on the issue of big game hunting. If you're the sort of person who can't figure out any other way to express your interest in a beautiful animal than to kill it and cut it's head off than I think you need to come to grips with the fact that your a sick and disgusting individual. Hunting is for survival, not to festoon the walls of your house.

Edited by BlackHorse
  • Like 2

It's a start to be sure but I think a better move would be for the Congress to step in and ban the importation of all trophy kills from overseas.

You know it used to be that people would have mummy unwrapping parties back in the 19th century. Ancient mummies stolen from tombs across Egypt would be taken back to England where it was considered "fun" and "normal" to unwrap a dead mummified body. Now we consider that sort of behavior vulgar and savage and rightly so.

Just as we evolved on the issue of mummy parties the world needs to evolve on the issue of big game hunting. If you're the sort of person who can't figure out any other way to express your interest in a beautiful animal than to kill it and cut it's head off than I think you need to come to grips with the fact that your a sick and disgusting individual. Hunting is for survival, not to festoon the walls of your house.

There are plenty of animals that are killed legally overseas and the animal is put to good use. The locals eat the meat (every last bit, not an organ or piece of meat goes to waste), the fur is used, and the bones are put to good use as well. You know, just like it was here 200 years ago. For the folks in that area, it is for survival. Not just the results of the hunt, but the money that goes into it as well. To ban them all would just be ridiculous. You know, just like banning cars because people drive drunk.

I think he means banning hunting for the sake of hunting, or for the sole purpose of hanging a head on a wall.

That being said, being a hunter myself, I have zero problems with hunting so long as it's done in a fair chase manner. I don't condone paying some dude 10k to hunt in a gated area for farm raised deer, and I sure as goddamn hell don't condone what this dude did. We use everything we can from the animals we take, except for the heads (which are sent to the state of Michigan for disease testing), pelts (we donate those) and bones (usually just tossed since we don't know of anyone who takes them)

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

I think he means banning hunting for the sake of hunting, or for the sole purpose of hanging a head on a wall.

You know, I don't have a problem with hunting for the sole purpose of hanging a head on a wall, as long as the meat is put to good use and not just left to rot. Plenty of folks around me love to hunt, but don't eat the meat. The meat is normally given to friends/family, or donated to food pantries (called Share the Harvest here in MO). Last year, I think there was somewhere around 150k lbs of meat donated to the cause. This coming from people hunting just to hunt and not eat the meat.

That being said, being a hunter myself, I have zero problems with hunting so long as it's done in a fair chase manner. I don't condone paying some dude 10k to hunt in a gated area for farm raised deer, and I sure as goddamn hell don't condone what this dude did. We use everything we can from the animals we take, except for the heads (which are sent to the state of Michigan for disease testing), pelts (we donate those) and bones (usually just tossed since we don't know of anyone who takes them)

Agree 100% here. I'm a hunter as well, and we do the same.

You know, I don't have a problem with hunting for the sole purpose of hanging a head on a wall, as long as the meat is put to good use and not just left to rot. Plenty of folks around me love to hunt, but don't eat the meat. The meat is normally given to friends/family, or donated to food pantries (called Share the Harvest here in MO). Last year, I think there was somewhere around 150k lbs of meat donated to the cause. This coming from people hunting just to hunt and not eat the meat.

Agree 100% here. I'm a hunter as well, and we do the same.

As fuzzy correctly pointed out I am not talking about locals who kill animals because they need the meat to survive. I've made that clear several times already. I have no problem with that, it's a part of nature. It is, however, disgusting and wrong to kill an animal just to display it as a trophy in your house. As for the folks around you that "love to hunt but don't eat meat" quite frankly they are just as disgusting. I'm glad the meat goes to good use but frankly what you're talking about is people who just want to kill something for fun, which is a disgusting thing as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by BlackHorse
  • Like 1

As fuzzy correctly pointed out I am not talking about locals who kill animals because they need the meat to survive. I've made that clear several times already. I have no problem with that, it's a part of nature. It is, however, disgusting and wrong to kill an animal just to display it as a trophy in your house. As for the folks around you that "love to hunt but don't eat meat" quite frankly they are just as disgusting. I'm glad the meat goes to good use but frankly what you're talking about is people who just want to kill something for fun, which is a disgusting thing as far as I'm concerned.

Well, you did say ALL:

Even an animal whose meat is used can be a trophy kill and imported.

Well, you did say ALL:

Even an animal whose meat is used can be a trophy kill and imported.

I said "all trophy kills", you even quoted it.

Furthermore we both know these guys are not paying 50 grand to go to Africa and kill lions and elephants for the meat or the organs. They do it because they just want to kill something, which is sick and disgusting.

I especially have to laugh when they start giving everyone the excuse of "but the money we pay goes to conservation efforts." That's not even a halfway decent cop out of an excuse. If they're that interested in helping with the conservation of these animals than just pay the 50 grand and skip the part where they needlessly kill them after making them suffer in horrific pain for 40 hours just so they can cut their heads off. I don't care how anyone tries to justify that kind of behavior, it's sick.

Edited by BlackHorse
  • Like 2

dumb ass lion shouldn't have step out of his perserve, once he did BANG. LOL. Guy didn't break a single law. Now mount that head and show it proudly.

You just have to laugh at the irony of someone who calls a lion a dumb ass and yet can't figure out how to start a sentence with a capital letter, or that stepped should have been used in place of step, or how to spell the word preserve. Oh and let's not forget that he should have started a new sentence with the word "once".

Yes sir you have certainly made a good representation of the sort of knuckle dragging sort that put the heads of dead animals on the walls of their homes.

Edited by BlackHorse
  • Like 2

dumb ass lion shouldn't have step out of his perserve, once he did BANG. LOL. Guy didn't break a single law. Now mount that head and show it proudly.

Lion didn't just step out of his preserve - he was lured out by lowlifes who baited him, a practice, BTW, that is, in Zimbabwe, grounds for loss of their safari license.

There's nothing funny about this. And only someone compensating for a shortfall somewhere else would trophy hunt.

• Like 2

You just have to laugh at the irony of someone who calls a lion a dumb ass and yet can't figure out how to start a sentence with a capital letter, or that stepped should have been used in place of step, or how to spell the word preserve. Oh and let's not forget that he should have started a new sentence with the word "once".

Yes sir you have certainly made a good representation of the sort of knuckle dragging sort that put the heads of dead animals on the walls of their homes.

Well said. Very well said.

• Like 1

Dankhorse, I could of edited like you. just forgot you dumbshits can't read unless the sentence is just perfect. From the way you and Len keep patting each other on the butt, you might as well get a room with a stuffed lion. So what LAW did the guy break. That's right, NONE,Bet the person who shoots Cecils brother didn't break any laws either. Man has hunted since the beginning of time. Pretty sure they have been hunting lions about that long too.

If you can't call names, shouldn't this topic be removed. Pretty sure the title itself is name calling. Just responding for the hunter who isn't here to defend himself.

No personal attacks on other posters. You can defend hunters without personal attacks.