Ford Motor Company July 2015 Sales Results

robertlane

Ford Motor Company July 2015 Sales Results

FORD POSTS BEST JULY U.S. SALES PERFORMANCE IN NINE YEARS ON STRONG DEMAND FOR ITS NEWEST VEHICLES

• Total Ford Motor Company U.S. sales up 5 percent last month – its best July since 2006; retail sales up 5 percent
  • Ford F-Series has best July retail sales results in nine years, while still delivering record average transaction pricing; Ford commercial vans post best July sales in 15 years[/size]
  • Ford brand SUV sales up 11 percent last month for best July sales performance in 10 years. Sales of new Ford Explorer increase 27 percent, all-new Ford Edge up 17 percent, Ford Escape up 10 percent – an all-time July sales record[/size]
  • Fusion achieves best July ever; Mustang has best July performance since 2008[/size]
  • Lincoln brand delivers best July sales results in a decade, driven by strong demand for its newest SUVs, which post best July sales since 2001[/size]

Click here for full release with tables

Strong demand for its newest products lifted Ford Motor Company to its best July U.S. sales performance since 2006, with a total of 222,731 vehicles sold last month. Retail sales increased 5 percent.

“We continue seeing even stronger demand for our newest products, especially F-150, Explorer, Edge, Mustang and Transit,” said Mark LaNeve, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “With continued improvement in inventory, F-Series retail momentum continued building in July.

Customers truly value the new F-150’s capability, performance and fuel efficiency.”

F-Series retail sales are up 13 percent, providing the best July retail results since 2006, even with continued all-time record transaction pricing – up $3,200 versus a year ago.

Van sales increased 14 percent last month with a total of 16,090 vehicles sold. The all-new Transit, which posted sales of 8,025 vehicles for July, drove Ford’s commercial van business to 15-year sales highs.

Ford brand SUV sales of 67,282 vehicles represent an 11 percent increase over year-ago levels, delivering the best July sales results since 2005 Escape sales increased 10 percent, with 29,253 vehicles sold, representing an all-time July sales record.

Explorer momentum continued with 21,361 sales – a 27 percent increase. All-new Edge performance contributed to the increase as well, with sales up 17 percent for July. Edge and Explorer are turning fast on dealer lots at just 18 days and 13 days, respectively.

Fusion sales of 25,105 vehicles last month, posted an increase of 5 percent, marking Fusion’s best July sales performance ever. With 8,482 cars sold, Mustang sales increased 29 percent compared to a year ago. Southern California, America’s largest sports car region, continues to drive Mustang performance, with retail sales up 81 percent in July.

Lincoln sales increased 21 percent versus a year ago – the luxury brand’s best July results in a decade. Lincoln MKC was up 60 percent, while the new Navigator saw a 24 percent gain relative to a year ago. The all-new Lincoln MKX delivered a 27 percent increase, turning on dealer lots in just six days.

59406.png

59406-2.png

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2015/08/03/july2015sales.html

I've been hearing and seeing a lot of radio and TV ads for the 2015 F-150 over the last 10 days. More than I can remember in a while.

Seems Ford is at a point to push back against losing market share in the full size pick-up arena.

As an aside, I saw a couple of nights ago for the 1st time the GM ad with the bear and the aluminum cage vs steel cage. My take away was wondering if the Ad agency/GM execs truly feel that the intelligence level of the American public is such that the commercial would be effective.

As an aside, I saw a couple of nights ago for the 1st time the GM ad with the bear and the aluminum cage vs steel cage. My take away was wondering if the Ad agency/GM execs truly feel that the intelligence level of the American public is such that the commercial would be effective.

Sadly, there are plenty out there that it will be effective on... :nonono:

Well, the GM execs said the commercial was effective on them, if that tells you anything...

...As an aside, I saw a couple of nights ago for the 1st time the GM ad with the bear and the aluminum cage vs steel cage. My take away was wondering if the Ad agency/GM execs truly feel that the intelligence level of the American public is such that the commercial would be effective.

The latest crop of TV ads border on the ridiculous....people sitting in a Chevrolet and extolling to the camera person, "Oh, this is a lot nicer than a BMW."....really?? When was the last time you sat in a new BMW? Or worse was the Malibu commercial where they lure the kids into the car because it has wi-fi.....

Edited by twintornados

Or worse was the Malibu commercial where they lure the kids into the car because it has wi-fi.....

Yeah, that one irritates me the most. You either download the content before you leave or just use your phone as a wi-fi hotspot. You don't need a separate wireless modem that has its own data plan built into the vehicle. I guess they didn't learn that lesson with Analog ONSTAR.

Yeah, that one irritates me the most. You either download the content before you leave or just use your phone as a wi-fi hotspot. You don't need a separate wireless modem that has its own data plan built into the vehicle. I guess they didn't learn that lesson with Analog ONSTAR.

Yeah, I didn't get that one either. Pretty much all the data plans have Wi-Fi hot spotting on your phone already. It's just redundant in the car.

I would have loved to see one of the lil darlings, be totally unfazed by the loss of the WiFi, and pop his or her phone into hotspot mode and keep watching the movie

OH I suppose they edited that out cuz we all know the car MUST have every bell and whistle to sell to low information folks that almost all TV seems to create more of day in and day oput

But "that's the DREAM to have wi-fi in the car"!!!

I would love to see a Ford commercial with the following vignettes:

Brand new GMC Yukon and Ford Expedition parked next to each other. Both drivers (moms) come out to each vehicle and finds out they locked their keys in the car. Yukon driver frantically searches for a cell phone for several minutes (she locked it in the car also), then calls ONSTAR and waits another few minutes for them to remotely unlock the vehicle. Meanwhile the Expy owner punches in 5 digits on the keyless pad, gets in and drives off within 15 seconds.

Two cars full of kids - one in a Malibu with wi-fi, one in a Fusion with no wi-fi. All of the kids are surfing the internet on their phones and tablets. Malibu kids get out of the Malibu and into a different vehicle without wi-fi and now they can't surf. Fusion kids move from the Fusion to an Edge with no interruption to their internet connections.

Malibu hits a dead spot for their wireless carrier. Fusion kids switch their wi-fi hotspot from one provider's phone to another provider's phone and keep on surfing.

F150 and Silvererra driver are at a job site. Foreman needs someone to haul a 3K pound load. Silvererra driver shakes his head. F150 driver says load it up. While loading it something falls off, bounces off the F150 aluminum bed side (unscathed) and hits the Silvererra, leaving a dent.

• Like 1

I've been hearing and seeing a lot of radio and TV ads for the 2015 F-150 over the last 10 days. More than I can remember in a while.

Seems Ford is at a point to push back against losing market share in the full size pick-up arena.

just look at Trump and the clown car of rep candidates and yes there is a segment of the market who listen to stupid stuff

I am very loyal to Ford trucks simply because they always live up to my abuse and don't cost me a fortune to own over the usable life of my vehicles (10+years and 280K+ miles)

I have generally been entertained by Chevy and Dodge truck commercials but frequently cough out a BS! on many of them

I always fantasize how I would advertise the Ford truck ....if I could get FoMoCo advertising team to hire me I know I could do much better job telling how a Ford truck is superior in most every way but comfort.... sorry but tis true, even the $60K F350 high zoot truck drives exactly like it's 5400LB carrying capacity demands...butt jarring harsh on bad roads when empty.. but smooth as silk with the load in the bed with a braking system that can handle slowing it all down if needed

My husband finds the Traverse commercial, where they have the parents and the kids, and say the Traverse is 5-star safety rated, while the (shown) Honda Pilot is not.................... and which kids are you going to have ride in which vehicle................... to be horribly offensive.

While it is staged, and they are actors, even if they were real people they would not say that they wanted their kids riding in a less safe vehicle.

It is funny, because he rants and raves every time that commercial comes on.

The latest crop of TV ads border on the ridiculous....people sitting in a Chevrolet and extolling to the camera person, "Oh, this is a lot nicer than a BMW."....really?? When was the last time you sat in a new BMW?

Yeah, I always laugh at that line as well. I think the exact same thing you do.

Why doesn't FORD produce some more aggressive commercials along the lines of what AKIRBY suggested above??? No misrepresentations just common sense facts that show the "features" the competition tout in their ads as just marketing hype and not a unique capability to their make/model.

Ford always seems to take the high road (I can only remember Ford once being accused of a low blow in an ad touting them as the only domestic brand not taking government assistance) If I remember correctly Ford pulled the ad pretty quickly because of some internet media grumblings. Frankly it was the truth and was fair game to state in my mind.

On the other hand I can recall several GM ads over the years that blatantly went after Ford (the Howie Long man-step ..... the Super Bowl ad Mayan end of the world wherein a Ford is crushed under debris while the GM truck survives .... and now the steel cage vs aluminum cage)

I wish Ford would roll up their sleeves every now and then and counter punch some of the BS from the competition

LMAO

I'm sure the GM guys are off somewhere crying in their beer right now. You sure showed them.

Sorry private joke with a few hard core GMI fans, a lot of muck was thrown at Ford and its supposed obsession with fleet sales.

Over on GMI, the response to Ford's good results are well, quiet to say the least...

I think those strident critics are now tucking into a big bowl of crow...

Edited by jpd80

Why doesn't FORD produce some more aggressive commercials along the lines of what AKIRBY suggested above??? No misrepresentations just common sense facts that show the "features" the competition tout in their ads as just marketing hype and not a unique capability to their make/model.

Ford always seems to take the high road (I can only remember Ford once being accused of a low blow in an ad touting them as the only domestic brand not taking government assistance) If I remember correctly Ford pulled the ad pretty quickly because of some internet media grumblings. Frankly it was the truth and was fair game to state in my mind.

On the other hand I can recall several GM ads over the years that blatantly went after Ford (the Howie Long man-step ..... the Super Bowl ad Mayan end of the world wherein a Ford is crushed under debris while the GM truck survives .... and now the steel cage vs aluminum cage)

I wish Ford would roll up their sleeves every now and then and counter punch some of the BS from the competition

always talk about your product

Sorry private joke with a few hard core GMI fans, a lot of muck was thrown at Ford and its supposed obsession with fleet sales.

Over on GMI, the response to Ford's good results are well, quiet to say the least...

I think those strident critics are now tucking into a big bowl of crow...

Sure I get that.

Right now the Toyota fanboys are upset about the fact that VW has beat them globally.

I'm just not a person who roots for a car company. To me they are just corporate entities that don't give a crap about anyone or anything other than making money. Doesn't really get me excited if Ford or GM has a good quarter.