Chicago Assembly Plant closing?

Decker, I like your style!

Thank you hendew

But, no real style here, just don`t care for all the political bullshit. Which seems to be all we get (political half truths at best) when the membership just needs the truth. I guess it works though.... (political shit)... the membership keeps believing the political bullshit with the hopes the political promises come true and never look for truth or even ask the "teams" what are the accomplishments of the "team". More or less it works because the membership allows it to work, so many become the sheep that don`t think for themselves and allow the politicians to tell them what they want to hear or what is wrong and how everyone else is at fault but them....the politicians.

Hell, the sheep voted in the ultimate activist as V.P. without even looking at the facts that show, there has not been one accomplishment by the ultimate activist. But he can ramble about all this political bullshit that makes everyone smile and say "oh yeah that's what I want too" but as the sheep agree with our ultimate activist they never ask "how the ultimate activist is going to accomplish any of the things he keeps rambling about?" Such are the sheep....

Decker

Edited by Decker

Decker What do the rules say about overtime for QOSC's. I'm on C-crew and it seems they are coming in every weekend. I hear they are blackmailing the departments into paying them on weekends and do absolutely nothing. What do the rules say about being payed by other departments? The QOSC program is supposed to be a joint program but in Chicago these appointed individuals are getting the membership in trouble and often threatening and adding work to people in Final. How does a QOSC get disqualified?

Decker What do the rules say about overtime for QOSC's. I'm on C-crew and it seems they are coming in every weekend. I hear they are blackmailing the departments into paying them on weekends and do absolutely nothing. What do the rules say about being payed by other departments? The QOSC program is supposed to be a joint program but in Chicago these appointed individuals are getting the membership in trouble and often threatening and adding work to people in Final. How does a QOSC get disqualified?

The rules are they are untouchable!

ACH-LLC QUALITY OPERATING SYSTEM COORDINATOR

Specific Roles and Responsibilities

QOSC’s can assist in driving QOS Continuous Improvement in the following ways:

IINFORMATIION FLOW ~ IN THE ASSIGNED DEPARTMENT/AREA

• Provide real-time feedback throughout the manufacturing process regarding quality issues.

• Participate in the plant's Internal Audits, including; QOS, TS16949, PCA, etc. Lead efforts to resolve issues found

including the development of corrective and preventative actions.

• Attend QOS meetings to support quality concerns. Support quality checklist requirements. Support post

implementation review of documents (i.e. control plans, metrics)

• Communicate upcoming Manage the Change’s (MTCs) to the appropriate people.

• Ensure Quality Alerts are posted and daily Supervisor reviews and signoff with operators.

• Assist with new hire orientation/postings/bumps, etc. and training as needed for quality disciplines.

• Submit weekly status report (standardized checklist ~ TBD) to National Quality Committee

IINFRASTRUCTURE ~ IN THE ASSIGNED DEPARTMENT/AREA

• Ensure that Gage R&Rs for are complete. Participate in Gage Surveillance activities (conflicts with Gage Room

Attendant responsibilities).

• Verify Inverted Delta DC Fastener Equipment certification (conflicts with QC Lab Tech responsibilities).

TIIME AND DATA MANAGEMENT ~ IN THE ASSIGNED DEPARTMENT/AREA

• Attend PQR and LQC Meetings as required to support presentations and activities. Attend department/area Startup

Meetings. Develop input for and assist in resolution of ICA/PCA for quality issues. Support problem solving.

PROCESS TOOLS ~ IN THE ASSIGNED DEPARTMENT/AREA

• Ensure Repair Standards are complete and being followed.

• Ensure that repair standards are available to operators.

• Participate in Control Plan/QPS development.

• Lead team member for ensuring the integrity of the operator interface documents.

• Reinforce/audit operator compliance for Control Plan/QPS.

• Support Control Plan /QPS maintenance.

• Ensure communication between assigned dept/area and Incoming Supplier Quality. Attend Supplier Meetings as

required for issues and provide real-time feedback to operators.

• Assist in PPAP trials and documentation requirements. Assist in functional trials of supplied parts.

• Ensure identification, containment, and timely disposition of all non-conforming products in assigned dept/area.

• Team member on MQA Process Reviews. Ensure team's findings and changes are captured in the Control

Plan/QPS, as appropriate. Input into process review status report.

• Ensure verification of Inverted Delta Fastener Repair Processes.

• Verify conformance to Product Identification procedure, i.e. tagging audits. Perform weekly tagging audits.

• Assist UAW Quality Rep and members on the floor for internal quality issues

• Assist in Green Belt and Black Belt projects

• Verify conformance to New model safe launch procedure, i.e. new model safe launch checklist

• Assist in the development of internal 8D reviews

• Quality Operating System Coordinators are not to be involved in the local union's political process at their facility

From your post chassisgroupleader I detect some stress and/or disappointment. Correct?

As you will read there or no "rules, language or writen agreements" on the subject of QOSC`s blackmailing any departments. It is agreed and there is language that each QOSC has an assigned department and with that assignment comes (in a generalized application) with the contract language that gives the guide lines for the assigning of available over time.

Are these guide lines or agreements adhered to? in this particular situation "QOSC`s" I could not make specific references because I have a short coming in this situation, mainly I am not fimiliar with either the QOSC`s or the work available that is being referred to in your post.

It would be to your advantage to find out first hand and I mean don`t rely on the he said, she said sheep shit that is so prevalent in our communication network.

What work is available? What classification description fits the work available? Are the members preforming the work available within the department, classification, shift/crew that the work will be preformed? Is there any need to complete the work by opening up the available work to other classifications? Has the equalization process been utilized? Properly? I`m "I" being displaced? Where do I stand on the over time equalization list?

This is just the off the top of my head bunch of questions that you should look into. If you want I can give you a summary of the O/T language but remember the language is just a guide line for those that make the agreements at the time the work avialable become necessary.

Language, Guide Lines and Agreements can and most time be completely different results....

Decker

Edited by Decker
  • Like 1

One last point, "classification description" and "classification`s" (trade groupings) will be an extremely devastating to the labor force when these safe guards are possibly lost in the next agreement.

Lines of Demarcation are in the companies sights also. When the lines of classification are completey gone who then will make the decisions on who will and who will not preform the work available? With language backing no or at best vague guide lines, I don`t want to think about the possible agreements that will be made.....

Hang in there chassisgroupleader.

Decker

• Like 1

Another tip about the QOSC's at CAP is that many of us in Final have made a pact that when the elections come rolling around soon that the candidate we back had better be prepared to remove most of the QOSC's. Most are wanabe supervisors and some were. They rat many of us out to the bosses and try to bash former political leaders at CAP and promote current elected officials that make sure they get 7 days for sitting at the tables while we work. It is a mess to be cleaned up.

Another tip about the QOSC's at CAP is that many of us in Final have made a pact that when the elections come rolling around soon that the candidate we back had better be prepared to remove most of the QOSC's. Most are wanabe supervisors and some were. They rat many of us out to the bosses and try to bash former political leaders at CAP and promote current elected officials that make sure they get 7 days for sitting at the tables while we work. It is a mess to be cleaned up.

I totally agree with TigerFan, If they want to play supervisor than the Union should not support them and they should actually be kicked out of the UAW!