Fix HVAC programming with Superduty Remote Start/MFT

So I along with many others are at our wits end in regards to the Superduty (2013-2015) trucks with MFT and remote start functionality. We as owners are tired of being told that it is "normal" when the SD is the only vehicle that acts like this. Now lets go over the issue between my 2011 Explorer Limited and my 2015 Superduty Platinum.

Situation - 90 degrees outside, windows closed.

Explorer - set on automatic and LO for temp

1) Remote start vehicle to cool inside down

2) Enter vehicle after 10 minutes (still very warm/hot inside) with it still running, step on brake and hit start/stop button

3) Cluster powers on, MFT screen boots up, HVAC systems shuts down and turns back on quickly (fan speed) and it then behaves just as I had left it (going full blast because I still have it at LO with AC and automatic).

Superduty - set on automatic and LO for temp

1) Remote start vehicle to cool inside down.

2) Enter vehicle after 10 minutes (still very warm inside) with it still running, put key in and turn to "on position".

3) Everything powers on just like the Explorer (this is where it now behaves incorrectly).

4) HVAC fan stays on slowest speed despite it being set to LO and vehicle still being very warm/hot

5) IF you turn temp up hotter, fan speed INCREASE.. yes.. if I set the temp from LO to lets say 80 degrees with it being 90 degrees outside, the fan will go FULL BLAST. Turn the temp back down to 65 or LO and the fan speed then goes to the slowest setting.

There are 2 options you can do to fix this.

1) Wait 10 minutes and the system wakes up and the fan increases to full blast cold air (yet you are sweating inside waiting those 10 minutes)

2) Turn the HVAC system off and then back on again and it wakes up and acts as it should.

Why the hell does the programming in these trucks go full blast when you increase the temp on a hot day but blow at the slowest setting at the coldest temp when it is 90 degrees outside????? IF I am bring the climate control temp closer to the inside temp, it should slow the fan down, not make it faster.

Another perfect test for this is that when it is 90 outside, remote start it in front of you and then get right in and turn the key. IT will be well over 100 degrees inside and with the climate on LO, the fan speed stays at its slowest speed, turn the climate up to 80 and the fan goes full blast with heat!!! What

Serious Ford, wake up and fix this. SD owners are complaining and we are being told this is "normal". It is not normal.. the Edge, Explorer, F150, Focus, Fusion all with MFT work the correct way.. only the SD is screwed up.

Ironic that it is one of your most expensive vehicles and you won't fix this or acknowledge that it is an issue.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-7-discussion/983826-2015-auto-climate-problems.html

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-7-powerstroke-interior-discussion/797234-climate-control-remote-start.html

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f152/remote-start-auto-temp-371089/

Come on Ford!! People have been complaining about this for 2 years now!!

Edited by blwnsmoke

It will slowly increase speed the hotter you make the temp. despite it being 90 degrees outside and lets say 110 inside the cab. So for example unless it wakes up after the 10 minute wait where it will go full blast cold. it will be on speed 1 at LO, speed 2 at 65, speed 3 at 70, speed 4 at 75, speed 5 at 80 etc etc. It's the complete opposite of what it should do.

So it is blasting HOT air at you when you are trying to cool the vehicle down (think, 110 inside with a thermostat set to 80) but blowing cold air at the slowest speed with it 110 inside with the thermostat set to LO or 65 for example.

Again, if you power off and then back on the HVAC system, it acts exactly how it should. This is remote start specific with the SD only once you put the key to the on position.

Edited by blwnsmoke