Cadillac XT5 spied completely uncovered during photo shoot

Anthony

Looks very bloated like the lambdas do.

I think that illusion comes from the grille being pushed up high and upright on the front end coupled with the undersized and oddly shaped headlights leaving a lot of real estate between the upper and lower grilles. And moving to the back, the slim tail lights add to the bloated look because of the expanse of sheet metal everywhere.

• Like 1

The is the SRX replacement... built off a reworked Theta platform.

I thought Theta platform is done?

The compact Theta (Chevy Captiva, Buick Envision, Caddy XT3) will be using a version of the Delta III platform (Buick Envision is already on sale in China).

The midsize Theta (Caddy SRX/XT5, Chevy Equinox, GMC Terrain) are supposedly moving to SWB version Espilon III platform.

The large Lambda (Chevy Traverse, Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia) are moving to LWB version of Espilon III platform.

• Like 1

I thought Theta platform is done?

The compact Theta (Chevy Captiva, Buick Envision, Caddy XT3) will be using a version of the Delta III platform (Buick Envision is already on sale in China).

The midsize Theta (Caddy SRX/XT5, Chevy Equinox, GMC Terrain) are supposedly moving to SWB version Espilon III platform.

The large Lambda (Chevy Traverse, Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia) are moving to LWB version of Espilon III platform.

Theta and Lambda were said to be merging onto versions of Epsilon, but there looks to be enough unique for it to keep its designation.

Much like Alpha, it sounds like there is still a great deal of uniqueness in these. Internally, they're calling it Theta.

I'm just (up to now) quietly enjoying the typo in the title.

I've been staring at that everytime I hit new posts hoping no one would say anything. Thanks. haha!

Edit: Well go figure, I was able to change it.

Edited by Intrepidatious

Theta and Lambda were said to be merging onto versions of Epsilon, but there looks to be enough unique for it to keep its designation.

Much like Alpha, it sounds like there is still a great deal of uniqueness in these. Internally, they're calling it Theta.

Actually, they are not. Internally, GM is referring to the XT5 platform as C1xx, or Chi I. It is the SUV version of upcoming Espilon III.

Actually, they are not. Internally, GM is referring to the XT5 platform as C1xx, or Chi I. It is the SUV version of upcoming Espilon III.

Right, they have new ENG codes under the Chi program, but from what I've been told it's more updated Theta than anything else.