Conti Production Likely to Move to Flat Rock

Its not likely, it IS happening. The 4 week shutdown in July has absolutely nothing to do with it though, that is for preparations for the GT350 and GT350R.

The September shutdown is for the Continental. This is all information I got from people I know who work there and familiar with the situation.

Its not likely, it IS happening. The 4 week shutdown in July has absolutely nothing to do with it though, that is for preparations for the GT350 and GT350R.

The September shutdown is for the Continental. This is all information I got from people I know who work there and familiar with the situation.

A 4 week shutdown to prepare to build the GT350/R? That doesn't make sense. Unless there is a planned shutdown and they just piggy backed on it.

A 4 week shutdown to prepare to build the GT350/R? That doesn't make sense. Unless there is a planned shutdown and they just piggy backed on it.

That's exactly what happened. The weeks of June 22 and June 29 are the regularly scheduled vacation shutdown weeks. The other 2 are retooling weeks.

• Like 1

The FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) is the only source that provides plant "down time" information and has long shown the planned 4 week shut down at Flat Rock that starts tomorrow. Ford has not yet added any down time for September according to the FDNB. There is two weeks down time listed for the Fusion (8/31, 9/14) bus that is for Fusion production in Mexico. Still, it's hard to believe that they need two weeks down time at FRAP in July just for the GT350 & GT350R.

The FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) is the only source that provides plant "down time" information and has long shown the planned 4 week shut down at Flat Rock that starts tomorrow. Ford has not yet added any down time for September according to the FDNB. There is two weeks down time listed for the Fusion (8/31, 9/14) bus that is for Fusion production in Mexico. Still, it's hard to believe that they need two weeks down time at FRAP in July just for the GT350 & GT350R.

Would that be to prepare for the international RHD versions, I think that would require a few more changes

to accomodate changes to the body as well as different crash zone requirements, like Fusion vs Mondeo,

Would that be to prepare for the international RHD versions, I think that would require a few more changes

to accomodate changes to the body as well as different crash zone requirements, like Fusion vs Mondeo,

Could be. The only reason I'm skeptical about that is I've seen PP RHD Mustangs driving around town for a couple of months.

Well if there is that mythical second line in Flat Rock, you wouldn't have to affect Mustang/Fusion production either.

Yeah, turns out that is indeed mythical. I was dead wrong about that.

In my defense, I was so insistent on it because my friend that told me it was true was insistent about it and I had no reason to doubt him. I thought they built a second line when they did all the construction there a few years back.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Yeah, turns out that is indeed mythical. I was dead wrong about that.

In my defense, I was so insistent on it because my friend that told me it was true was insistent about it and I had no reason to doubt him. I thought they built a second line when they did all the construction there a few years back.

I was under the impression that their was two lines since the Mustang and Mazda 6 where built there and don't recall them being intermixed with one another in photos?

I was under the impression that their was two lines since the Mustang and Mazda 6 where built there and don't recall them being intermixed with one another in photos?

There is a national geographic piece about FRAP and building the mustang. Occasionally you can catch a 6 on the line mixed in but they were VERY careful to avoid catching both cars in the same shot. Same with press photos.