WHAT DOES THE MEMBERSHIP WANT THIS CONTRACT.

Dayshift

Here is my list of things I would ask for if I was at the big table.

Pay raise for all.

* 5% raise for Tier 1

* 5% to 10% raise for Tier 2.

* Set time period to get to full pay for tier 2 (3 yrs or whatever)

* Cost of living back (not likely but we should always have it on the table)

* Better stock match for tier 2 since they get no pension.

* More work for US plants.

* Push to reduce sourcing from China.

* Get our Easter Monday back.

What is on your list.

Please post what you want to see in the new contract & would you vote to strike if we dont get a raise????

Edited by Dayshift
  • Like 2

I want back everything that was "SUSPENDED". I will vote no unless all of the "SUSPENDED" wages, breaks, COLA, etc are reinstated and will be more than happy to go out on strike if they are not. The company doesn't have a leg to stand on this time. Stock up on cheese so that you'll have it on hand to offer them when they start to whine.

I want back everything that was "SUSPENDED". I will vote no unless all of the "SUSPENDED" wages, breaks, COLA, etc are reinstated and will be more than happy to go out on strike if they are not. The company doesn't have a leg to stand on this time. Stock up on cheese so that you'll have it on hand to offer them when they start to whine.

I agree 100%. Everyone seems to forget the wages, COLA, breaks, etc. were "SUSPENDED". Anything less than full reinstatement of what was "SUSPENDED" will result in a no/strike vote from me. There also needs to be a defined timetable on tier 2 getting to full pay. Too bad the humps will vote yes to whatever BS the union presents us with as long as there's a signing bonus

I agree 100%. Everyone seems to forget the wages, COLA, breaks, etc. were "SUSPENDED". Anything less than full reinstatement of what was "SUSPENDED" will result in a no/strike vote from me. There also needs to be a defined timetable on tier 2 getting to full pay. Too bad the humps will vote yes to whatever BS the union presents us with as long as there's a signing bonus

You mention "suspended"..... you do realize that the last contract cancelled all that you mention as "suspended". Right?

"Suspended" benefits that were not negtiateded into the last contract were no longer binding in any form. As for reinstatement? Only if the benefits are re negotiated under the next "GREAT"... "the BEST we could get" ...contract.....

Decker

• Like 2

You mention "suspended"..... you do realize that the last contract cancelled all that you mention as "suspended". Right?

"Suspended" benefits that were not negtiateded into the last contract were no longer binding in any form. As for reinstatement? Only if the benefits are re negotiated under the next "GREAT"... "the BEST we could get" ...contract.....

Decker

Well said!

Added $$$ to pensions.

Getting back some of the things we lost would be nice ( Xmas bonus , days off, etc. )

GEN program reinstated for job security in lieu of large lump sums or raises.

If that's not possible a state right to work option to send a message to the IUAW and other dead weight they can pay their own way.

The sad part is many people live week to week off their pay checks or are budgeted on OT and will bitch about a bad contract but will still vote in favor of it.

Even though the IUAW and the company are double teaming the dues paying members if they present a POS do not complain or blame those people if its ratified by a large margin.

Take Tier 1 pay to $30.74

$10,000 signing bonus

2 family days per year of the contract

Instead of 3 crews 4 tens, have 3 shifts 8 hours a day 5 days a week, if OT needed bring 3 shifts in on Saturday.

No early breaks allowed to be called, if they must call it then everyone gets paid for there break!

Everyone gets a voucher for a new Ford vehicle of there choice, and a free tank of gas!

All of Ford management must work the assembly line for one week during the summer to really understand what a production employee does!

• Like 1

10% Raise for legacy

Elimination of tier two

Elimination of tier three (New Traditional)

Everyone currently working goes to Legacy Status including pension and all bennies

Cola

No Cap on Profit Share

New hires start at 75% and have a timing to achieve full status

Better funding for Veba

Elimination of the "Delegate" system of voting and creation of One worker, one vote for ALL positions Local and National

Plant vote on any "appointment" to region or National (No one knows better than the plant if a person deserves to move to national status)

An Attendance policy that works

NO SIGNING BONUS Bring us a contract that can pass on its merit.

may as well reach for the moon....Our Union will screw us all anyway, just like the last 2 contracts

• Like 2

Take Tier 1 pay to $30.74

$10,000 signing bonus

2 family days per year of the contract

Instead of 3 crews 4 tens, have 3 shifts 8 hours a day 5 days a week, if OT needed bring 3 shifts in on Saturday.

No early breaks allowed to be called, if they must call it then everyone gets paid for there break!

Everyone gets a voucher for a new Ford vehicle of there choice, and a free tank of gas!

All of Ford management must work the assembly line for one week during the summer to really understand what a production employee does!

Not asking for the world, are you?

The Union doesn't screw us, we screw ourselves when we vote in a contract that stinks. When you buy a house, used car or something from Craig's list/classifieds you don't jump at the first offer a seller makes. Usually you negotiate, barter, haggle, and bargain until you reach suitable terms. Send them back to the table, it's a poker game. You may have to stay home and drink your beer there instead of at the poker game. The last time that we didn't have a settlement at midnight of the last day of the old contract they just voted to extend the old contract (day by day I think) while they hammered things out. We were ready to walk off the line but they wouldn't let us.

I voted no on the last contract as did most of the people at my plant, but when it passed I didn't blame the union bargainers, I blamed the membership since they are the ones that voted it in. I also agree with a previous poster, no signing bonus - give us a contract that will pass on it's own merit. If they offer a signing bonus there's a reason.

So what does the membership want this contract? I want everyone to send them back to the bargaining table to bargain, haggle, barter and negotiate until we are sure that we have the best contract that they have to offer instead of settling for the very first one.

The Union doesn't screw us, we screw ourselves when we vote in a contract that stinks. When you buy a house, used car or something from Craig's list/classifieds you don't jump at the first offer a seller makes. Usually you negotiate, barter, haggle, and bargain until you reach suitable terms. Send them back to the table, it's a poker game. You may have to stay home and drink your beer there instead of at the poker game. The last time that we didn't have a settlement at midnight of the last day of the old contract they just voted to extend the old contract (day by day I think) while they hammered things out. We were ready to walk off the line but they wouldn't let us.

I voted no on the last contract as did most of the people at my plant, but when it passed I didn't blame the union bargainers, I blamed the membership since they are the ones that voted it in. I also agree with a previous poster, no signing bonus - give us a contract that will pass on it's own merit. If they offer a signing bonus there's a reason.

So what does the membership want this contract? I want everyone to send them back to the bargaining table to bargain, haggle, barter and negotiate until we are sure that we have the best contract that they have to offer instead of settling for the very first one.

You can blame the membership all day long but the fact is that our union delegates are the ones who bring the contract to us to vote on. They know what a good contract is and they know exactly what we want. There's no reason they should ever bring us a piece of shit to vote on. The last couple contracts I understand, they did what they had to do. But this time they need to grow a pair and actually fight for us and get us a good contract that's way overdue!!!

WE are the UAW...WE decide if what they bring to us meets our expectations, and WE tell them to go back to the table if we so desire. They are gonna do what anyone would, the Path of least resistance. The company will say that's as far as we go, and they will bring us the garbage. WE need to tell them to shove it and do better. It IS up to US. but WE won't do it. WE will take their petty little bonus and tell them to skip the Vaseline. WE don't have the GUTS to stand up and say HELL NO!

• Like 1

WE are the UAW...WE decide if what they bring to us meets our expectations, and WE tell them to go back to the table if we so desire. They are gonna do what anyone would, the Path of least resistance. The company will say that's as far as we go, and they will bring us the garbage. WE need to tell them to shove it and do better. It IS up to US. but WE won't do it. WE will take their petty little bonus and tell them to skip the Vaseline. WE don't have the GUTS to stand up and say HELL NO!

I agree 1000% on US voting yes to a piece of shit. That's why THEY need to stand up and fight for US and get something good for US to vote on. THEY know exactly what WE want and if THEY gave a fuck about US then THEY would do THEIR job and negotiate a good contract