Lincoln Aviator Could Make a Comeback

ANTAUS

The Aviator sold in small numbers the few years it was in production and the issues it had didn't really damage the name.

The thing I find comical is that Ford has no problems selling Ford branded SUV/Pickups that cost more then $50K, but yet they can't sell Lincolns that successfully that are based on them! I know they did some stupid moves over the years, but it is kinda frustrating..

Personally, I'm in favor of Lincoln using anything other than the "MK_" naming convention, which has caused nothing but confusion, for future models.

So, now that we can finally keep the MKZ, MKX, MKC, and MKS names straight, they're gonna change them?

Tarnation! Hallelujah! Amen! :rockon:

• Like 1

So, now that we can finally keep the MKZ, MKX, MKC, and MKS names straight, they're gonna change them?

Tarnation! Hallelujah! Amen! :rockon:

I can never keep them straight. The Tarnation is the Fiesta based Lincoln, the Hallelujah the Mustang based one, and the Amen is the GT, right? ;)

• Like 1

Well the MKS is going away next year...though I wonder what they are going to call the MKZ, MKX and MKC down the road?

MKZ could go back to Zephyr.

MKC could be Mariner - though I don't like it only for the Mercury association (otherwise it'd fit perfectly with Aviator and Navigator).

MKX - maybe Pioneer? (I was trying to find words that fit with that sort of exploration theme they have had going).

Ford recently filed for Continental on an expanded promotional basis.

They also used a classic script that suggests something regarding the way Ford's going to market the car (From the filing: "The mark consists of the word Continental in script, underlined.")

Aviator was renewed on Jan. 6 this year.

I would expect that they'll keep using MK_ for the cars that have established themselves fairly well under those names.

post-15194-0-14961000-1434250384_thumb.jpg

Edited by RichardJensen

I would expect that they'll keep using MK_ for the cars that have established themselves fairly well under those names.

I can see the MKC and MKX keeping their names, but the MKZ is a bit different since it went from Zephyr to MKZ, but then again Zephyr is kinda a terrible car name IMO.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...