2016 Edge Production Schedule

ice-capades

Not necessarily. Each dealer gets a certain number of vehicles each build period and within that allocation the dealer sets the priority of each vehicle and they're built lowest priority first. Sold orders have a lower priority than dealer stock. But within the sold orders the dealer sets the priority.

In other words.....it depends.

• Like 1

I have seen a couple of 2015's in the wild and I have to be honest here, I'm not too sure I'm all that thrilled about the overall look. OK, OK, it's not all that bad and I would buy one if I wanted to spend 40K+ on a vehicle, but It's kind of a Frankenstein with a MKX rear end, an Escape profile and an Explorer grille. The only carry over from the original is the stubbyness of the engine compartment. If I were in the market, I would look for a super deal on a 2014 before crossing over.

transitman... I can understand your initial reaction to the new 2015 Edge but you need and owe it to yourself to look at the new Edge up close in order to realize how much attention to detail Ford paid in executing a really, vastly improved Edge! The profile is similar to the last generation Edge but much more refined and the grille I'd hardly compare to the Explorer. Inside you'll discover a much improved center stack, etc.

I have seen a couple of 2015's in the wild and I have to be honest here, I'm not too sure I'm all that thrilled about the overall look. OK, OK, it's not all that bad and I would buy one if I wanted to spend 40K+ on a vehicle, but It's kind of a Frankenstein with a MKX rear end, an Escape profile and an Explorer grille. The only carry over from the original is the stubbyness of the engine compartment. If I were in the market, I would look for a super deal on a 2014 before crossing over.

It is actually a little longer in overall length. I had to reset the stoplight in my garage to shut the door. It also seems like the hood height is a little higher too. It is everything my old one was, plus. They did a good job on it. I took a 700 mile round trip the second week I had it. This is the first vehicle I have had in a very long time that I was not screaming to get out and stretch my legs after 200 miles. Took a trip this weekend to my Dad's place 100 miles away, no cruise control, foot pedaling only. 31mpg on 2.0L EcoB, AWD. True story!

• 1 month later...

Any insight as to about how much the Z Plan would take off of a fairly loaded Titanium or Sport model?

Look up the dealer invoice price from edmunds or kbb or some other internet site. Add $500 to cover FDAF and subtract 3%. That will get you reasonably close - within $100 or so.

Of course Ford would offer 0% for 72 months...much restraint to hold out for the 2016 and Sync3! Speaking of which, hopefully you guys can give me insight as it pertains to ordering a vehicle, as this will be my first time. Do you pay for the vehicle when ordering, or upon delivery? Both the down payment and procuring a loan. Is the buyer obligated after ordering? Not that I am planning on backing out, but if I go to negotiate the trade in and they're low balling, it'd be nice to shop dealerships. Or, does the trade in negotiations occur when ordering? Perhaps with a contingent offer to buy as long as the mileage is kept below a certain amount (since the time between order and delivery is many weeks).

Hopefully my questions make sense. Thanks for your help. Speaking of which, 9/14/2015 still looking good for the order bank? Thanks!

Of course Ford would offer 0% for 72 months...much restraint to hold out for the 2016 and Sync3! Speaking of which, hopefully you guys can give me insight as it pertains to ordering a vehicle, as this will be my first time. Do you pay for the vehicle when ordering, or upon delivery? Both the down payment and procuring a loan. Is the buyer obligated after ordering? Not that I am planning on backing out, but if I go to negotiate the trade in and they're low balling, it'd be nice to shop dealerships. Or, does the trade in negotiations occur when ordering? Perhaps with a contingent offer to buy as long as the mileage is kept below a certain amount (since the time between order and delivery is many weeks).

Hopefully my questions make sense. Thanks for your help. Speaking of which, 9/14/2015 still looking good for the order bank? Thanks!

Depends on what you want and your dealer. Some will order with no deposit - some may want $500. You can negotiate the trade in at any time, but if you wait then you might be disappointed with the offer. Better to do it up front. Most dealers will refund the deposit as long as it's something they can sell easily.

So in waiting for the 2016 I'm passing up the possibility of 0% for 72 months. That could potentially make the sync3 and drivers assistance package very expensive. I'm second guessing a bit, but fairly certain that I'll still hold out. Any insight to the likelihood of Ford putting out a decent promotion in the fall or early winter?

• 2 weeks later...

2016 Edge Production Schedule (FDNB - Fleet Distribution News Bulletin 08/28/2015)

• 12/01/2015 - 2015MY Edge Job Last Date
  • 09/14/2015 - 2016MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 10/15/2015 - 2016MY Edge Scheduling Begins
  • 12/02/2015 - 2016MY Edge Job #1 Date

Have any idea when the order guide will be out? I thought I read somewhere that there will be significant changes to the packages offered (on the sport).