Anyone towed with a 2015 Expy?

PokerMunkee

Coming down to a new Yukon SLT or a Expedition Limited. Maybe Yukon Denali, as you can get one for $61K.

Anyone towed with a 2015 Expy? What are you towing?

Looking at buying a 6000' travel trailer and hoping it handles well. Curious if the auto level rear suspension works well and keeps the back end up.

Yukon is rated 8100 and Expedition is 9100. I live at high altitude, so turbos are a big advantage as well.

Coming down to a new Yukon SLT or a Expedition Limited. Maybe Yukon Denali, as you can get one for $61K.

Anyone towed with a 2015 Expy? What are you towing?

Looking at buying a 6000' travel trailer and hoping it handles well. Curious if the auto level rear suspension works well and keeps the back end up.

Yukon is rated 8100 and Expedition is 9100. I live at high altitude, so turbos are a big advantage as well.

Honestly, I don't think you can even compare the Yukon to Expy when it comes to towing, especially at altitude. The Expy will tow circles around the Yukon.

I have 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 with 3.31 gears, and it does a good job towing at altitude. Torque is where it's at! Towing needs torque to produce a reasonable result, and any turbo enabled engine can outperform a normally aspirated one at altitude. For that matter at any altitude. I have the new load leveling option, and I can find no fault in its operation. The previous model used air bags that were prone to failure over time. My brother had an Eddie Bauer model 4x4 with it, and it failed after about 8 years of use.

I have 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 with 3.31 gears, and it does a good job towing at altitude.

The HD Towing Package includes a 3.73 axle ratio.

The EcoBoost engine gets "thirsty" when towing, so don't expect the same mileage.

Edited by theoldwizard

The HD Towing Package includes a 3.73 axle ratio.

The EcoBoost engine gets "thirsty" when towing, so don't expect the same mileage.

3.73 is a separate, self standing option not tied to HD Trailer Tow. HD Trailer Tow is included on most high series Expeditions.

I was referencing the Ford.com Expedition page. When you selected HD towing, the 3.73 axle was automatically checked. According to the Order Guide, the 3.73 is a separate option, but I would want it !

In years past, the Expedition/Navigator air suspension had poor long term durability. Many older trucks switched back to coil over suspension instead of chasing leaks.