Louisville Building Chair

luigi99

So there is a Building Chair at Louisville's Assembly Plant that likes to drink & drive. This Chairperson just got DUI #3 within 5 years. It is a Misdemeanor offense but in my opinion, a serious one. Louisville workers have been trying to discuss the work-related issues caused by this transgressional event but the moderators of the local Ford forum have either locked us out of our discussion or totally deleted our questions & posts.

So let me ask for your feedback on this unfortunate topic.........(1) Should we drop all discussion of these DUI's by this elected member & cross our fingers hoping this will not negatively affect us in any way? or (2) Do these DUI's merit concern & discussion for a promising future for all of our UAW members?

We're mostly concerned how this may affect contract negotiations just around the corner & we are talking about 3 DUI's within 5 years which could be punishable up to 60 days (not likely) & the guy will lose all driving privileges for 3 yrs. I would say this is a little more serious than a single DUI. Can he effectively negotiate with the company when the company already knows how pitiful of a decision maker he is.

I understand your concerns, Luigi. And clearly, nothing in your first post indicated that you were concerned about the plant closing because of this situation. Maybe someone else will chime in with some advice. If the majority of members are fed up with his b.s., they have the power (via vote) to remove him.

• Like 2

so it won't affect the future as you say. unless the media gets wind of of it....then?

I see Chrysler sales are doing very well, if I remember correctly the media busted it's workers doing things on there lunch break.

Sales depend on customers wanting your product, not what the media reports!

I see Chrysler sales are doing very well, if I remember correctly the media busted it's workers doing things on there lunch break.

Sales depend on customers wanting your product, not what the media reports!

chrysler is a foreign auto company, has been for a decade or so. the only reason sales may be up is jeep.

Ah a-Luigi you bring up a valid point.Yes the DUI`s make the Building Chair more vulnerable in negotiations and also raises the question of, is this person intoxicated on the job.Every Ford plant has cliques and those on the inside get away with murder while the outsiders better NEVER make a slip,zero tolerance!Look at the trouble at CAP with sexual harassment and I will tell you how many times I will get away with that,zero tolerance!My advice to Mark Fields would be to bust up all of the plant cliques every few years,move managers around.

• Like 1

So as most of you know that are on here, Louisville has 2 Ford plants so the Local has 2 Building Chairs. These 2 Chairs basically make up the "FACE" of a very large membership. Half of this "FACE" from Louisville Assembly Plant was ignorant enough to go out & get his 3rd DUI. This has been an embarrassment to many proud 862 members & of course there has been no apology from this irresponsible Chair. Also, now open records are showing that his criminal driving DUI violation has been reduced from a 3rd offense to a 1st offense. To me, this just wreaks of Union dollars being squandered to save the ass of a very selfish & very dumb Building Chair.

Luigi seems to be the only one that thinks this is a big deal. Yawn

Yawn? Maybe!.......but guess what. It's certainly too late to sweep this under the rug like all the other crap the abusive & corrupt Union officials attempt to hide, now isn't it!

You created an account, to complain about somebody's personal problem. If not offends you that much, deal with him personally. Not by creating an anonymous account and complaining behind a screen name on the Internet. If you care as much as you pretend to, grow a pair and confront him.

You created an account, to complain about somebody's personal problem. If not offends you that much, deal with him personally. Not by creating an anonymous account and complaining behind a screen name on the Internet. If you care as much as you pretend to, grow a pair and confront him.

HaHaHa!........My anonymous gripe holds a lot more merit than what you're giving it. By the way, what appointed suckass position do you currently hold?

Very interesting question Grunt. If you are just somebody that went out & made a really bad choice for the very first time, then most definitely I wouldn't light you up. But then again that would totally depend on how you rated on my patented suckass chart. As of now your scores are pretty high on the chart but the test isn't yet complete. Maybe your next post can make that conclusion.

Trust me luigi isnt the only one at LAP that has a problem with it. When you are elected that high of a position you should be responsible & trustworhty, 3 dui's is neither AND it was on the way to work, many very upset about it but seems to be getting swept under the rug.

Edited by 2seater