New apprentices???

nmsford

Millwright

Good for you....welcome to trades and enjoy. Remember, always respect production workers cause you know first hand how hard they work and you will soon find out how much you have it made on trades. At times, you work harder at your trade but that will never compare with what we put up with during our production time.

• Like 3

Good for you....welcome to trades and enjoy. Remember, always respect production workers cause you know first hand how hard they work and you will soon find out how much you have it made on trades. At times, you work harder at your trade but that will never compare with what we put up with during our production time.

Thanx. And thanx for the advice. I know how much shit production has to put up with and I'm definitely grateful for finally getting this chance to start my apprenticeship.

• Like 2

Thanx. And thanx for the advice. I know how much shit production has to put up with and I'm definitely grateful for finally getting this chance to start my apprenticeship.

The argument about what trade is better goes on all the time but understand it's all in good fun. Every trade has it's advantages and disadvantages. Many times a week an electrician has the potential to screw up and kill himself and everyone within a few feet of the panel or buss he's working in. Because of his skill & training this never happens. On the same note a millwright who improperly rigs equipment could badly hurt himself or others. This also is very rare because they know there stuff. I've seen millwrights move 100,000 pound presses and I know some schuler presses weigh over 200,000 pounds. Not a job for untrained workers.

It is silly to argue which is better. Each trade has aspects that are unlike any other trade and some parts of the trades are common to all tradesman. We work as a group to make sure new equipment is installed properly & the facility and all its machines operate properly.

• Like 2