New apprentices???

nmsford

The guys/gals on trades at Sterling/vd r names of union officials past/present not sure bout other plants but these 2 r nepotism to the extreme it's all about who ur related to or who u know for the most part just taking the test at these facilities gets u sitting in the chair for a 150k + a yr & if u don't know the rt peeps ur waiting for 10+ yrs like nmsford & many others

The reason our situation right now is so messed up is we have had almost 50 apprentices already approved and ready to go with a start date of August 17'th. Now all of a sudden IUAW steps in an says everything is on hold, nobody is starting their apprentiships. All because of one certain employee who for one reason or another didn't make the cut with this group. So this one person must have a family member/friend at international to have all the rest of the apprentices help up because of them. You tell me how the hell the UAW says they're there to help us yet they're fucking over almost 50 employees just to hook up one of their own????

The reason our situation right now is so messed up is we have had almost 50 apprentices already approved and ready to go with a start date of August 17'th. Now all of a sudden IUAW steps in an says everything is on hold, nobody is starting their apprentiships. All because of one certain employee who for one reason or another didn't make the cut with this group. So this one person must have a family member/friend at international to have all the rest of the apprentices help up because of them. You tell me how the hell the UAW says they're there to help us yet they're fucking over almost 50 employees just to hook up one of their own????

Why not contact the UAW-Ford National Program Center that handles the Apprenticeship Program.

i know for a FACT that this is NOT true. now it might be your plant, but not company wide

You're right. It's not company wide, I never said that. It's Sterling and Van dyke. Those two plants have a combined apprentiship program, one list for both plants

so its a local issue ?????

NO!! Sterling and Van Dyke both had a big group of apprentices ready to start August 17'th. All of a sudden international tells our locals that everything is on hold, nobody is starting until they say so. Apparently someone didn't get the apprentiship for some reason and because of this one person IUAW is holding up almost 50 others from starting their apprentiships.

NO!! Sterling and Van Dyke both had a big group of apprentices ready to start August 17'th. All of a sudden international tells our locals that everything is on hold, nobody is starting until they say so. Apparently someone didn't get the apprentiship for some reason and because of this one person IUAW is holding up almost 50 others from starting their apprentiships.

you know i dig the whole " im mad cause......blah blah blah" but obviously when u ASSUME something happened for some who knows what reason, you DO know what that makes you right ?

why not make some inquires first before u look......u know.

-O

You guys are dingalings why would the union keep Ford from putting on apprentices. They would get a extra $30 a month in union dues per person God knows that they need the money.

Why would they???? To help out one of their own. I don't give a shit what you think but IT IS THE IUAW holding up all the apprentices at our two plants.

id be shocked if they put more apprentices on, i mean ??? doesnt seem needed, when production can do minor maintenance....[/quote

Well they did start calling people for the apprentiship again yesterday. The IUAW did their little investigation and then approved all the apprentices at Sterling and Van dyke.

id be shocked if they put more apprentices on, i mean ??? doesnt seem needed, when production can do minor maintenance....[/quote

Well they did start calling people for the apprentiship again yesterday. The IUAW did their little investigation and then approved all the apprentices at Sterling and Van dyke.

well thats good right ?