MAP C-crew getting canned?

fuzzymoomoo

The way I understand it (Naturally, I've never been able to get an actual answer on it), is that no, we can't. Its not a traditional 401(k), but more of a stock based savings account. That's why its called a Tax Efficient Savings Plan.

It's called tax efficient savings plan because you are not taxed on the funds you contribute.

The way I understand it (Naturally, I've never been able to get an actual answer on it), is that no, we can't. Its not a traditional 401(k), but more of a stock based savings account. That's why its called a Tax Efficient Savings Plan.

It's called a tax efficient savings plan because the funds you contribute are not taxed.

Pensions are still offered on most public sector union jobs, but in the private sector, less than half of the companies that offered them 10 years ago still offer them to new employees. It costs much less for Ford to fund the pension while we're working, but once we collect it, there's no productivity from us any more to offset their costs. That's why they started buying out the retirees pensions. Formulate how long they will probably live when they start collecting it, then make a lump sum cash offer for 40-50% of the grand total of all those payments. You do make good points in your post and seem to have put a lot of thought into it. I can respect that. I didn't mean to start a fight between you and the tier 2 poster, but it's good to see the passion of which our workers have for jobs and their views on it. Good luck to all of us in these contract talks.

No worries deflep1....I wouldn't call the posts between me and tier2 a fight, just different points of view. He has his and I have mine. I just thought I had to be specific in my posts so as not to be misunderstood. It's all good.

Yes, you are taxed when you start withdrawing. I wouldn't say it would be lower earnings. In fact depending on your age you start, the market, the company match percentage and how you handle it, it wouldn't be that difficult to have to have a million at retirement age.

Whatever you elect to contribute is taken out of your paycheck before tax.

Have they started tag relief yet. And is august 24th still the date for the rest of the layoffs.

No tag relief yet and yes August 24th is still the lay off date for the rest of the tier 2s who didn't make the cut but heard it could possibly come sooner than that..