MAP C-crew getting canned?

fuzzymoomoo

I think they can only post if a plant is hiring. And I don't see any plants hiring before the 22nd

I think those who don't have enough seniority to hold days or afternoons are screwed and thats why the union isn't saying much, their going to string people along because if they come out saying your permanently laid off no one will work and constantly be letting the line go down And not show up for work. It's going to get ugly really quick you watch.

Nobody really knows what's going on right now

You better believe that the Union knows exactly whats going on but their just not telling anyone. I'm sure they(the union and plant management) knew this was coming weeks ago but did or said nothing about it. Their (the union) going to keep everyone in the dark about what's planned.. For those who don't get permanently laid off be prepared come contract time to get screwed. Think about it, International raises our Union dues to supposedly increase our strike fund then 5 months before the end of the contract the company pulls this, something sounds fishy..

You better believe that the Union knows exactly whats going on but their just not telling anyone. I'm sure they(the union and plant management) knew this was coming weeks ago but did or said nothing about it. Their (the union) going to keep everyone in the dark about what's planned.. For those who don't get permanently laid off be prepared come contract time to get screwed. Think about it, International raises our Union dues to supposedly increase our strike fund then 5 months before the end of the contract the company pulls this, something sounds fishy..

I get all that, I mean nobody on the line knows what's going on

I think those who don't have enough seniority to hold days or afternoons are screwed and thats why the union isn't saying much, their going to string people along because if they come out saying your permanently laid off no one will work and constantly be letting the line go down And not show up for work. It's going to get ugly really quick you watch.

WoW! You are something else! If they told you today that you were being laid off in June you best believe that if you wanted to not be fired you would come to work and you would not stop the line on purpose, they would fire you in a heartbeat for sabotage!

A lay off in the auto world is not the end of the world, calm down!

You might be in the wrong line of work cause in this business it all depends on someone buying what you build, people don't buy , you don't work!

It's a way of life in this business , trust me it's not fun but you just have to be able to deal with that in this line of work, when it's good it's good, but when it's bad it's bad!

Right now things are good so you will most likely end up working at another plant since ford is hiring , just calm down and ride it out!

WoW! You are something else! If they told you today that you were being laid off in June you best believe that if you wanted to not be fired you would come to work and you would not stop the line on purpose, they would fire you in a heartbeat for sabotage!

You might be in the wrong line of work cause in this business it all depends on someone buying what you build, people don't buy , you don't work!

It's a way of life in this business , trust me it's not fun but you just have to be able to deal with that in this line of work, when it's good it's good, but when it's bad it's bad!

Right now things are good so you will most likely end up working at another plant since ford is hiring , just calm down and ride it out!

I wasn't referring to myself but you know how people can get, life will go on..

He has nothing to worry about. He's not entry level and (based on what I've gathered) has a fair amount of seniority.

Meanwhile I'm bottom 30 in the plant, am tier 2 and have just under 2 years seniority, so yeah, I'm a bit worried since I have NO transfer rights and NO recall rights

He has nothing to worry about. He's not entry level and (based on what I've gathered) has a fair amount of seniority.

Meanwhile I'm bottom 30 in the plant, am tier 2 and have just under 2 years seniority, so yeah, I'm a bit worried since I have NO transfer rights and NO recall rights

If it was 2008 I would say your screwed, but Ford has openings , you may not be placed immediately but you will most likely get placed!

Just hang in there it will work out!

• Like 1

I fortunately have enough seniority not to worry your correct, hopefully in your case along with other tier 2 they will find another plant for you. I for one don't want to see anyone lose their job. Try to hang in there brother

• Like 1

I dunno, It kinda scares me that you of all people are the voice of reason right now!

fuzzy you have to stay focused, this shit has been going on every time a contract comes around. For the last three or for contracts.

This is what is refereed to as rip sawing or putting us against us or local against local. The most shitiest thing about it is people are pushed from location to location and our union goes right along with it. It may be called united auto workers but the members are treated like migrant workers...

One day this shit will stop but for now the company pays a great salary to the local unit rep`s and the IUAW only cares that there are more of us so we can pay their salaries and we get the scraps.

Hang in there fuzzy, hell here at CAP they just had a lottery for 100 applications and the revolving door is still swinging so the way things are you`ll most likely be placed right after the IUAW`s best they could get goes into effect.

Hey, littlecountry has good posts too and does make good points.

Decker

1 of the 1788

The local union does NOT know what's going on completely as yet. The Company dropped the bomb on them, and they reported it to the membership as soon as they were told of it. Right now, they are awaiting the company to finalize plans so that you and I can be better informed.

You can sit here on your computer and blame whoever the hell you want, but please put blame where it belongs...this is a COMPANY decision, not a local unions. Supposedly we will here more in the next week or so as the company informs the Union of the plan.

If the cars were selling, and people of all shifts would come to work, this could have been avoided, but neither of those things happened, so it is, what it is. Life in the Automotive Industry.

And YES, you can blame the folks on C crew for the attendance problem. How many times have they been unable to start the line due to lack of manpower? I know that last summer, it was almost every Friday, and Saturday. The other crews did not have that happen. I know of onmly one time it happened on A crew, and that was due to a major storm causing power outages all over town.

And YES, you can blame the folks on C crew for the attendance problem. How many times have they been unable to start the line due to lack of manpower? I know that last summer, it was almost every Friday, and Saturday. The other crews did not have that happen. I know of onmly one time it happened on A crew, and that was due to a major storm causing power outages all over town.

Friday and Saturday? Dream on. It was damn near every day from profit sharing day all the way through to damn near Halloween. It just so happens that Friday and (especially) Saturday were the worst days. The only day i can excuse it was that Monday in August when there was flooding all over the place.

I guarantee it will only get worse until the end of C-Crew.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

The local union does NOT know what's going on completely as yet. The Company dropped the bomb on them, and they reported it to the membership as soon as they were told of it. Right now, they are awaiting the company to finalize plans so that you and I can be better informed.

You can sit here on your computer and blame whoever the hell you want, but please put blame where it belongs...this is a COMPANY decision, not a local unions. Supposedly we will here more in the next week or so as the company informs the Union of the plan.

If the cars were selling, and people of all shifts would come to work, this could have been avoided, but neither of those things happened, so it is, what it is. Life in the Automotive Industry.

The union and management is to blame for the poor attendance problem you speak of. They should have stood their ground when this shift was added and not covered anyone instead of passing out P codes like they were Halloween candy. They created this mess and let it get out of control.

• Like 1

The union and management is to blame for the poor attendance problem you speak of. They should have stood their ground when this shift was added and not covered anyone instead of passing out P codes like they were Halloween candy. They created this mess and let it get out of control.

How about the people that have 11, 12, 13 AWOLS on their record? Its totally inexcusable.

Friday and Saturday? Dream on. It was damn near every day from profit sharing day all the way through to damn near Halloween. It just so happens that Friday and (especially) Saturday were the worst days. The only day i can excuse it was that Monday in August when there was flooding all over the place.

I guarantee it will only get worse until the end of C-Crew.

I saw this coming a mile away. I knew when Ford started the tier-2 that we'd have huge attendance problems. What the hell does the company expect??? You pay people a good wage and treat them right they'll appreciate what they have and show up to work. When you pay people shit wages for shittier work you will have problems. You get what you pay for. And the worst part is that the company doesn't give two shits, they'll just "FIRE" um lay off and then hire new dogs in a few months