MAP C-crew getting canned?

fuzzymoomoo

We give the 3 crew in paint & body until August. Then they'll probably cut those down to 2 shifts except stamping they will still need 3 shifts to run. But what sucks, the people that are getting lay-off after everyone is placed might not have no where to go.

I know it isn't preferable but at my union meeting yesterday my chairman said they are in discussions to open up tier 2 transfers from MAP to come to my plant here in Louisville. It isn't that bad, I just moved here from Michigan a few years ago. But, they will find spots for you they also said because they're halting hiring until you guys get placed.

garpike I agree with you. I would bet that trim and chassis will be going to a 5 10 week(though I hope not I have got spoiled with my 3 days off).

Hopefully they will allow sign ups?? Who ever gets laid off it would be nice to weed out some of the *&%bags who cant do jobs,wont do jobs and just

don't show up. Its work it sucks get used to it.

Buyouts for some of the higher seniority people perhaps?

I heard they'll offer buyouts to both tier 1 and tier 2. Now the union brothers and sisters who have enough time to retire should take those buyouts to save jobs for those who don't have enough time to retire. SHOW THE BROTHERHOOD AND TAKE THE BUYOUTS IF OFOFFERED!!!

HMMMMM GEEEEE

Five months from the end of the contract..... anyone smell a bone us check for the sheep`s....? dam this shit gets old, down time or lay offs every time. I can here it know, its the best we could get. You all should be thankful you have a job.

Hey fuc usfrank calm down "brother" stop and think... when was the last time you gave up 60 or 70K a year to help anyone? "Brother" really?

Decker

1 of the 1788 that said no the last time this shit was pulled.

• Like 2

HMMMMM GEEEEE

Five months from the end of the contract..... anyone smell a bone us check for the sheep`s....? dam this shit gets old, down time or lay offs every time. I can here it know, its the best we could get. You all should be thankful you have a job.

Hey fuc usfrank calm down "brother" stop and think... when was the last time you gave up 60 or 70K a year to help anyone? "Brother" really?

Decker

1 of the 1788 that said no the last time this shit was pulled.

Agree with you, get ready to get screwed on the contract, no raises for either tiers. Tired of this b.s.,you know damn well thE union at MAP knew ahead of time this was coming and did nothing to try and prevent the elimination of C Crew.

The openings are going to be posted for seniority to sign up and anything left they will force low. I just want out of there.

Not in body .Even though they are getting the twenty five people back from final.An cutting out tag relief in body lost all inspectors in stamping .So the people over in body an stamping that would like to go can't. They are stuck in that place.