MAP C-crew getting canned?

fuzzymoomoo

This is the list of plants that are accepting people.

Ford Dearborn stamping, Nashville hvc/parts , Kansas city, Cleveland, Livonia trans, Detroit hvc/parts, Dearborn diversified, Chicago stamping and buffalo stamping are all taking transfers.

Edited by MTP'er

You understand wrong. Tops 2,000 employees and thats generous. And its all based on a 4 crew schedule. If 4 crew fails or is not needed then that number becomes even less.

Sorry asshole,still taking in over 1000 employees. And what the fuck does 4 crew schedule have anything to do with it??? Do you think you're gonna scare away high seniority from putting in to go to livonia by saying they're gonna be working 4crew?? All plants have some type of AWS schedules. Get over it high seniority will put in and go to livonia!!!

Sorry asshole,still taking in over 1000 employees. And what the fuck does 4 crew schedule have anything to do with it??? Do you think you're gonna scare away high seniority from putting in to go to livonia by saying they're gonna be working 4crew?? All plants have some type of AWS schedules. Get over it high seniority will put in and go to livonia!!!

I see you are not that bright. One would think since you work at a plant THAT IS LAYING OFF DUE TO SLOW SALES, you would have a clue.

1. All the projected jobs are based on a 4 crew schedule. If gas goes sky high or truck sales lag, how long do you think Ford is going to operate the plant 24/7? Manufacturing now is running 4 crew but will go to 5 10s once 10R starts. See production based on demand. Easy concept to comprehend no?

2. Three new lines will be running once everything is installed, with only two being completely new. One 6R line will convert to 10R. Each line uses around 50 people per shift. So 300 or so people to staff three lines on two shifts. That leaves 1700 people. Take away material handling, everyone else will be in a 4 crew dept. Working every other weekend on 12 hour shifts.

3. The lines will be staffed by the time you get here. So bright guy, everyone that comes will be on 4 crew whether you like it or not.

4. Livonia has over 200 people with 30 years, many still working on the line. So even if you get a line job on days its not going to be a good one.

So do you see why 4 crew has EVERYTHING to do with it?

Edited by 182

Wow... That was impressive I could not have put that any better

Lol. You two are hilarious. Sounds like you're complimenting your lover. And no 4-crew has nothing to do with the fact that they are gonna post for livonia at multiple locations. And the fact that the reason for the postings are to fill 4-crew shifts will not deter anyone from putting in for it. You can whine and cry and try to use 4-crew as a scare tactic all you want but high seniority will be coming to Livonia. So in a few years when sales slow and they cut out the 4-crew get ready for your low seniority asses to be knocked out of your own plant

"And the fact that the reason for the postings are to fill 4-crew shifts will not deter anyone from putting in for it. You can whine and cry and try to use 4-crew as a scare tactic all you want but high seniority will be coming to Livonia."

You keep saying this. Its not a scare tactic you dumbass, its real. If you put in for Livonia you will be on a 4 crew schedule, period. Are you that dense? I hope you dont put in for Livonia because its a big plant and youll probably get lost. Gear dept will have 250 people. Why would you need 250 people to make gears? BECAUSE ITS RUNNING FOUR SHIFTS!.

Case job same thing. Valve Body, same thing. Or you can work in the clean room where you do the same thing every 8 seconds. And they want 4 crew in there too. Imagine running 1600 valve bodies a shift. Your hands will feel great when you are done.

If layoff happens, who is to say your stupid ass wont be laid off. Rawsonville and Sterling are coming here too. You could end up leaving a plant with high seniority to come to one where you could get laid off. Ever think of that? All the high people from those two plants are coming too. So be an idiot, leave MAP and risk being laid off from Livonia. Because if one thing Livonia does its lay people off. Been doing it the past 15 years.

Edited by 182

Let it go these people just don't listen. There is NO scare tactics what we are saying is the truth. They can saying or low seniority asses. What these stupid people keep forgetting is yes ltp has not hired in 15 years, and sure we got a couple of those but our low seniority is still 20 to 25 years. So please come one come all. We will stop trying to scare you . But just remember one thing you can't rape the willing.

Edited by one of a kind

Rawsonville and Sterling are coming here too. You could end up leaving a plant with high seniority to come to one where you could get laid off.

You nailed it one of a kind! The RISK of leaving your home plant and having NEVER been layed off to a possibility of being layed off!

• Like 1

"And the fact that the reason for the postings are to fill 4-crew shifts will not deter anyone from putting in for it. You can whine and cry and try to use 4-crew as a scare tactic all you want but high seniority will be coming to Livonia."

You keep saying this. Its not a scare tactic you dumbass, its real. If you put in for Livonia you will be on a 4 crew schedule, period. Are you that dense? I hope you dont put in for Livonia because its a big plant and youll probably get lost. Gear dept will have 250 people. Why would you need 250 people to make gears? BECAUSE ITS RUNNING FOUR SHIFTS!.

Case job same thing. Valve Body, same thing. Or you can work in the clean room where you do the same thing every 8 seconds. And they want 4 crew in there too. Imagine running 1600 valve bodies a shift. Your hands will feel great when you are done.

If layoff happens, who is to say your stupid ass wont be laid off. Rawsonville and Sterling are coming here too. You could end up leaving a plant with high seniority to come to one where you could get laid off. Ever think of that? All the high people from those two plants are coming too. So be an idiot, leave MAP and risk being laid off from Livonia. Because if one thing Livonia does its lay people off. Been doing it the past 15 years.

First of all I never said people transferring there wouldn't be working 4-crew, allsaid is nobody cares. People will put in for Livonia no matter what God damn shift they'll be working. You guys keep posting on here that people will be put on 4-crew like its some kind of a death sentence, a LOT of people like working that shift. Second of all I will not be coming to Livonia. I work at Van Dyke and we don't get transfer postings. Third and finally "it's a big plant I hope you get lost" is the funniest statement You have posted yet. I come from Sterling guy, which is only a couple hundred thousand sq ft smaller than Livonia. Sterling 3,000,000 sq ft, Livonia 3,300,000 sq ft. I think I would manage just fine. So stop trying to scare people away from putting in for Livonia because it's not gonna work. Don't try to deny you guys are using scare tactics either. You guys first started trying to scare people with your ridiculous post about plant seniority and then with the 4-crew bullshit.

Oh yeah and one more thing. "Imagine running 1600 valve bodies a shift". Are you serious, valve bodies!!! Try throwing around 1000-1200 axle shafts per shift (handling each one twice I might add) and let me know how you feel. I worked some of the heaviest back breaking work Ford has to offer, for a lot of years. So don't come at me with " how your hands would feel after 1600 valve bodies per shift.

I threw tires and rims for a couple years , I have swung large spot welders that you can't hardly lift all day, Working with hands is no biggy. I would rather use my hands than my back. And I am NOT worried about being laid off. Livonia doesn't have so many people with 30 years that it would ever effect me. And if it does...NO BIG DEAL. Been laid off before, I just do a little more side work.

As for 4 crew It is what it is. I have worked 12 hour days before, and it won't bother me to do it again. Saving 20 miles a day, and not breaking my back, is worth it. And it will be even more worth it when your little 20-25 years gets laid off BEFORE ME!

Ask guys that work 4crew most like it a lot! If I work 5/8s with 0 ot I work 260days a yr & make roughly 60k 4crew u work 182days a yr at 0 ot u make roughly 71k a yr so 78 less days of work for 11k more!! Granted them r 12hr days not 8 but u saving a lot a wear n tear on ur vehicle also!

That's good that it works for you but for some it may not. Now I not trying to be rude or a smart ass, but please explain something to me. If you have 30 or more years or can retire why don't you (not you personally but in general). Why come to work for $2.00 an hour or less. It doesn't make any sense to me. And on top of it jump to another plant. Why?