MAP C-crew getting canned?

fuzzymoomoo

Van Dyke laid off some entry level a few months ago and every one of them went to Sterling. I can't see Ford shit canning all tier 2 at MAP. I'm sure there are spots that need filling at other plants. Odds are you guys will end up somewhere better like Sterling or Livonia. The jobs at parts plants are 1000 times better than what you're doing now.

Nice. The same day they announce $2.5 billion in Mexico, they lay off a shift. I thought MAP was supposed to be a flex plant that could produce everything Ford made. Why not move some overflow production there?

I'm not super informed on the situation, but I think the reason they don't build more at MAP is because of a lack of space for parts. There's not much room to spare as it is.

Good luck to those effected at MAP. We at FRAP are getting the new Lincoln Continental (renamed MKS) next year, and are starting the right hand drive Mustangs soon. A third shift will be added if the demand is high enough for the exported Mustangs. Nothing is confirmed yet. If we do add a shift, I hope they allow enough MAP workers to transfer to Flat Rock so that the second tier workers can keep their jobs at MAP. A fourth car would be added if we go to 3 shifts, probably low volume like the Continental. Hopefully some of our formers workers who left the week before we found out about getting the Fusion will finally have their chance to return!

• Like 1

Anyone who isn't tier 2 I would imagine would wind up in Flat Rock. Word is they are opening up a third shift soon to help meet international demand for the mustang. The rest of us are probably out of a job

Doubt it's true but REMEMBER tier 2 has NO TRANSFER RIGHTS so as far as getting sent to Flat Rock that wouldn't be an option

• Like 1