seniority

One of a kind, you just MIGHT want to read your own local contract. I DID. Its posted on your local website. Bumps are allowed to be initiated once each month, and once awarded, you must wait 6 months to bump again. Bids 12 months after RECIEVING a bid. Therefore, if someone comes into the plant, and is PLACED on a job, that person has bidding rights. If they are put on a shift, they have bump rights. You don't get to change your contract simply because you don't like a situation. GET OVER YOURSELF! I worked at Flat Rock when a lot of Livonia people came on board several years ago. We treated them as equals, and each and every one of them retained their full seniority for EVERYTHING. Anyone that says different, is a LIAR, or was a TEMP at the time. Just as Livonia will do...the NATIONAL contract supersedes any local BULLSHIT. So sit your ass down, and STFU. people are coming and WILL have more time than you. DEAL WITH IT ASSWIPE

ok...so this is what started this thread? i just got caught up. I'm not sure where this guy gets his info,,but this is not true as far as i know.

just so you know...i am on the executive board...so i should know something...lol.

what i can tell you is there is still some resentment from our people how our guys were treated during all the layoffs since the early 2000's.

they didnt get to keep their seniority when they were transfered to frap and dearborn....as far as i can remember...because they were pissed about it.

then we laid guys off,,then 2 months later,,we brought in Wixom and Sheldon Rd people to fill the 6-speed..all had higher seniority and got to keep it.

our biggest question..was...wixom and sheldon were already laid off,,,and there were openings. at Frap and dearborn...why not send them there and keep our guys here....seemed like alot of movement and displacing our guys.. i understand that yes...its in the National Contract..just seemed shitty.

So we dealt with it until 2008,,,when i got laid off along with 500 others...and 475 jobs where posted at Wayne assembly...i bid...i got one..then a day later it was suspended...the 2 weeekks later it was canceled..reposted as only 175 jobs...i did not get one,,,and stayed laid off for 6 months along with alot of other guys.

The arguement we heard is the Wayne cried and fought because Mich truck was shutting down in dec...this was june...and they needed those openings for thier people...and they got it...we felt kinda screwed.....and it seemed like when it came to Livonia...we kept getting screwed while we took care of everyone elses laid off employees...

its not an excuse..but maybe some insight as to why we feel that way over here. And now..we knew we were getting the 2 tier plant high seniority and now the MAP just adds more...everytime we gain seniority,,we keep getting knocked back down.

with in 3 years we will go from 800 to 3000+ employees skilled and unskilled. So yea.Livonia is a great place to be..and yes even though its not the same as it used to be,,,we are still spoiled. 4-crew does suck,,but its here to stay,,and the line sux....but we are not putting on bumpers or tires..so....

hope that helps a little

So is Livonia ONLY going to take MAPS tier 2's and NOT any tier 1s that are going to be laid off when they eliminate their 3rd shift?

Yes I read my local and national and dap local and flat rock local. We are trying to get it put in 182 (with nationals blessing) local that anyone transferring in most be there 12 to 18 months before bidding upgrading or bumping other plants have it in there local ( especially during a launch.). That is it

There's a posting at my plant for say dtp I put in for it I get it & I start at dtp I then give up all my rights & seniority at my former plant im now a member of the local at dtp & I now work at dtp I think that's bout the jist of it

• Like 2

If you sign-up for a posting and get that posting, you are now a employee of that building when you start. You take ALL of your seniority with you, but you have NO recall rights back to the other plant................ If you are laid-off and called back to a plant, other then the one that laid you off, you have ALL of your seniority plus recall rights back to your home base.