seniority

I said Id leave Livonia right now if these MAP people are coming over. IF C Crew goes, MAP will post jobs from places that need people. High seniority can take those jobs before people getting laid off. SO, 400 high seniority leave, making 400 spots for people with low seniority that otherwise would have been laid off. Id rather be at MAP if this happens than Livonia.

Edited by 182

The company and the UAW will not let seniority post for these job. Low is going and that's it. Same thing happened at Auto Alliance when they cut a shift. Low goes cause other wise to much churning.

Edited by MTP'er

Bullshit. If a plant has a layoff coming and another plant needs people, it gets posted. Livonia had a layoff in Jan of 2014, Dearborn and the Pilot Plant needed people. High seniority people left for those plants before low people could.

And was a Super TPT prior to being offered a full time gig. There are many people with a different company time versus plant seniority because of being a TPT. See, I understood what your post was about.. ;) Have a great night brother (or sister) :)

But violating the national language as TrailFinder has said is a totally different circumstance.

• Like 1

And was a Super TPT prior to being offered a full time gig. There are many people with a different company time versus plant seniority because of being a TPT. See, I understood what your post was about.. ;) Have a great night brother (or sister) :)

But violating the national language as TrailFinder has said is a totally different circumstance.

i don't think he was a TPT at any point. I know in the case at AAI, they eliminated a shift (a few weeks later Mazda pulled out) and I don't know what the situation was at Romeo, but I have a feeling it was the same thing.

I never said he was a temp. You obviously don't understand what I was saying. His HIRE date is 2007, but is SENIORITY date is 2012

Your friend may not have been a Ford employee then until 2012, or a full time one anyway. I know a whole class of tier 2 guys at Sterling who hired into Saleen in 2007, they were transferred to Sterling in 2012 and became Ford employees and given 2012 seniority.

Your friend may not have been a Ford employee then until 2012, or a full time one anyway. I know a whole class of tier 2 guys at Sterling who hired into Saleen in 2007, they were transferred to Sterling in 2012 and became Ford employees and given 2012 seniority.

would they do that at an assembly plant though? I'm 100% sure he's not wrong when he tells me he has 2 seniority dates.

would they do that at an assembly plant though? I'm 100% sure he's not wrong when he tells me he has 2 seniority dates.

There are a of couple date`s that hold any weight when it comes to seniority. The hired in date and date of entry. Never heard of or read of "multiple seniority" dates?

Decker

Edited by Decker

Has anyone ever bid on a job? And what do they ask for? Company seniority and... wait for it plant seniority. And when you look at a seniority list at your plant what does it show? That's right company seniority and plant seniority and etc. So why is it so surprising that liviona will have this. Nobody loses seniority. They just will two seniority dates. One that is recognized in liviona, and the other for the company. If they don't like it, don't go to liviona. No one every gets forced anywhere(in less you low seniority). Sorry

Has anyone ever bid on a job? And what do they ask for? Company seniority and... wait for it plant seniority. And when you look at a seniority list at your plant what does it show? That's right company seniority and plant seniority and etc. So why is it so surprising that liviona will have this. Nobody loses seniority. They just will two seniority dates. One that is recognized in liviona, and the other for the company. If they don't like it, don't go to liviona. No one every gets forced anywhere(in less you low seniority). Sorry

Your using scare tactics so your not forced out of your gravy job. With all the gravy jobs at Livonia who cares about seniority to bid on jobs.

No such thing as two seniority dates. That ended in 1984. And yes...I have bid on MANY jobs, and gotten most of them due to...Wait for it...MY SENORITY.

I have bid to go to 3 different plants, and with the exception of Saline, Which was a Temporary assignment, I carried my FULL seniority with me to each and every plant, AND job.

Given the chance to bid on it...I WILL do the same thing once more...TO LIVONIA!

• Like 1

Wow trailfndr what went wrong in your life that you have to keep bidding out of so many plant with all your big boy seniority. Or are you just that much of a screw up. O well I geuss we will see when you bid on over. O by the way you will see what real seniority is when you come. 25 is still low over here

never been a screw up, Just like moving closer to home whenever possible. Don't worry...25 is LOW...so I guess YOU are simply screwed with all the 28-30 year people that tell me they will go to Livonia given the opportunity. Don't worry, Even an ASS like you will gain seniority some day.

• Like 2