Fuel Mileage with Bed topper

I plan to have bed topper added to my truck when it arrives. Cab height, with windows as flush as I can get, currently favoring the Leer brand. This being my first topper I look forward to its usefulness but wonder how fuel mileage will be effected. I don't expect any increases but would be really disappointed if there was a decrease. Whats been the experience of those that run a topper?

Also any suggestion on brands or models are appreciated. I would like the sliding window so my dog can ride in the back and still have access to us in the front, any thoughts on that?

I plan to have bed topper added to my truck when it arrives. Cab height, with windows as flush as I can get, currently favoring the Leer brand. This being my first topper I look forward to its usefulness but wonder how fuel mileage will be effected. I don't expect any increases but would be really disappointed if there was a decrease. Whats been the experience of those that run a topper?

Also any suggestion on brands or models are appreciated. I would like the sliding window so my dog can ride in the back and still have access to us in the front, any thoughts on that?

Autoblog video on mileage and bed changes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEkiDsVGr9c

A.R.E Z Series is far superior to anything else out there right now. I spent week researching and waiting on install next week. Mileage should not suffer based on my research. Good luck.

scredfisher, will you please report back on your experience with the install and pictures if possible.