Picked up my new King Ranch F350 yesterday!!!!!!

Well it finally got here and I picked it up yesterday! I couldn't be happier with the Bronze Fire color especially when in the sun. I've owned the 6.9, 7.3 Turbo, 6.0 and now finally the 6.7. What a difference in progress over the years. I was a little disappointed to learn of the changes in the warranty as I was told it now only covers factory defects! So I went ahead and purchased the additional wrap around warranty and service packages. The service package made pretty good sense as it now covers all services for 6 years and/or 100,000 miles. I opted for the full synthetic option as well and given the cost of oil and filters now days I believe it was probably money well spent. Since these trucks are a series of rolling computers and electronics I felt as though the additional warranty package was also money well spent. I have never purchased an extended warranty before, but with all the problems I experienced with the previous diesels it is also probably a worthwhile endeavor. Anyhow I ordered it exactly the way I wanted rather than looking at something on the lot and giving up something in order to make a deal. This one will probably be my last one so I wanted one to truly be proud of. I've got a few things in mind to upgrade the lights. Thinking of replacing most of the lights with LEDs as they are so much brighter. Not trying to make it a Fordillac but just to personalize it a bit! Ideas from you folks are always welcomed!

Congrats on the truck!! I received my Bronze Fire last May (came from a 07 6.0).. still have not seen another one in my state yet.. I originally had a KR ordered and then changed to a platinum. Pictures do not do this color justice. It is amazing how it is a dark burgundy in the shade and when the sun is out, it is a fire orange. I have tried and tried to get a picture of my truck showing how orange it looks in the sun but it is quite difficult.

If you haven't already, I'd highly recommend going powerstroke.org.. A ton of info to learn on these trucks!!

This is the best one I've been able to get with my camera.

20140601_182628_zpsbf9ueh6h.jpg

PS - As far as your warranty and maintenance plans go.. I HIGHLY recommend canceling through your dealer and going through my contact. He sells them both $100 over cost and I bet you paid far more then that. If you want to PM me, I can discuss further with you. I have also converted all my interiors and my 3rd brake light to LEDs.. I can get you all the bulb numbers if needed.

Edited by blwnsmoke
  • Like 1

It took three months and three days from the date that I ordered it to delivery. I live in Olympia, WA. Not the best photos as this was my first attempt. As I make changes I'll try and update as things progress.

Congrats!! A Beautiful Machine!! You got my color choice, but the wife wanted Kodiak Brown :doh:

I would be interested in upgrading the interior and TBL bulbs to LED so would appreciate the information. Did you replace your dash lights as well? It was a toss up between the Platinum and the King Ranch but I kept going back to the KR for some reason. I like the grill insert better on the Platinum and if I were ever to come across one I might switch mine out. Nice picture of yours, would be interesting to put the two of them side by side for comparison. I like the 20" wheels better but they aren't available with the heavy duty suspension I wanted.

I was on Powerstroke.org pretty frequently researching how to keep my 6.0 running so am familiar with that website. I'll have to go back there again to glean a little more information about these engines.

I went in to order the Kodiak Brown and discovered it had been deleted! But was tickled to see the Bronze Fire. I think if they were to offer a two tone option with these two colors it would be a beautiful combination. I bought the Airstream new in 1996 and have pulled it with my 7.3 Turbo and 6.0 Liter and it pulls so easy you hardly even know its back there. I was pulling up to Alaska with the 7.3 Turbo and passed a Dodge with a Cummins like he was sitting still. I stopped at the top of the hill to take in the view (and gloat a bit!) and the Dodge driver stopped and asked what kind of an engine I had as he was running as hard as he could when I passed. He had heard about the new engine but hadn't seen one run before. Perhaps he's driving a Ford today!

Here is a long thread that I started about my truck. Page 2, 3 and 5 are mostly the LED interior/exterior bulbs with pics of before/after and links to part numbers on Amazon.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-7-discussion/760530-2015-bronze-fire-review.html

Might want to go through the whole thing.. lots of good info from myself as well as others contributing.

I was torn between the KR and Platinum.. I LOVED the 2 tone look of the KR in Bronze Fire and that is what I was really after but back when I was ordering, there was a "late availability" of the 20" KR rims so that is why I changed to the Platinum. I had a 15 ordered since January and ended up reordering in April when I found out that there was a ton of issues with the 15s at the factory last year.

The only thing I do not like about the KR is the painted/lighted side steps. If I got the Chrome package to get the chrome side steps, I was then stuck with the crap Chrome Clad wheels (don't like them lol). The Platinum gave me the best of both worlds, chrome package with chrome steps but Aluminum painted rims.

Not going to lie.. really contemplated having my auto body do the lower two tone on my truck but didn't want to lose the factory quality paint.

Edited by blwnsmoke

Very informative link and I hope you keep it up as time goes on. This is the first time I really had the opportunity to see the differences between the KR and Plat and I think if I had it to do over again I still would go with the KR. I really like the KR logo and interior colors. I've always thought the Super Duty grill work was a little over the top and had seen several where the chrome was starting to come off. For me the painted portion of the KR grill is more to my liking. What I think would make it even better though is to use the Platinum insert to further minimize the glare. I realize it's only personal preference but I like the minimal chrome on the KR. Kudos to you for speaking up for your sales representative. Far too often all we ever hear is whining and complaining, nice to see the positive comments. I bought my KR through Mullinax Ford in Olympia, WA and I have only great things to say how the transaction went. The sales staff were very helpful and courteous and went out of their way to make the purchase a very pleasant experience. I traded in three vehicles so the paper work was a little onerous but not all that bad. They price the vehicles down as far as they can and that's it. An honest no haggle purchase. I went down to the service department a few days later to have the molded mud guards installed and they did a fine job. I was a little concerned if they would be installed evenly and level and they look great. I may have overlooked the link or info on the bulbs???

Here's the pix of each mud guard. I ran them on my 03 F350 and they did a fine job. I had them installed on the new rig the other day and think they look pretty good. They're fine for highway use but if I were to be driving on gravel roads I would go with something that hung down lower and was flexible.

post-53022-0-93415600-1429885692_thumb.png

post-53022-0-16784600-1429885699_thumb.png

post-53022-0-83299100-1429885701_thumb.png

post-53022-0-82226000-1429885704_thumb.png