Jalopnik Posted the Continental Concept

Cadillac must have just shit themselves! I love this! It is so modern and yet echos the classic 60's model sort of the way the new mustang does... but I think it is done better here!

MKS sales will go down to about 2 per month now, so lets just sell the rest of them to Michael Bay so he can smash them in his crappy movies.

• Like 2

It's Rhapsody Blue.

Lots more info including b-roll video of the exterior and interior. Check out the front and rear lighting in the exterior b-roll.

https://media.lincoln.com/content/lincolnmedia/lna/us/en/continental-concept.html

The grill is made up of Lincoln symbol outlines. Cool, but it's taking me awhile to warm up to it. The rest is gorgeous.

Possible but I'm thinking 3.0LEB with around 375 hp.

Nailed it. :)

• Like 1

I see room for MKS to slot in under Continental.....Continental is the new flagship but as with every flagship, you need product under it for the rest of the buying public...

ADD ON:

As this is Continental, I am left wondering if Lincoln will create under guise of "concept vehicle" a two door luxury coupe and label it;

Continental MK 1

Going back to the beginning of the MK series and anointing it "Mark 1" with the new 5.2L 'flat plane' crankshaft V8, to take on the likes of this:

Bentley Continental GT

2014-bentley-continental-gt_100457085_l.

Edited by twintornados

And here's the thing... I still don't know if it's FWD or AWD or RWD. All I know is that I was floored by this car and I didn't care about that when this car won me over. I'll assume it's AWD based on a FWD platform.

The point is that if it based on the cd Fusion platform, Ford didn't spend 5 billion on a new platform, promise another 12 billion but instead now have a car that makes a statement, and stole some (if not all) of the thunder from a competitor who spent a fortune to be like everyone else instead of embrace their heritage in a modern, creative way and is improving the dealership experience.

I was quiet about this car until now, because I was expecting it to be a letdown, but I am happy to say I love this car!

• Like 1

Front wheel to door spacing suggests transverse engine, so most likely this is CD4 with Ford's new Performance AWD system. Given this is far more luxury than sport and is being targeted for China as well, it makes sense.

Not sure you could use that as a "barometer" to judge engine placement....the Bentley Continental GT has similar spacing, yet is permanent AWD and has a longitudinally (aka: north/south) mounted W12 engine....

2013-bentley-continental-gt-speed-w12-si

Edited by twintornados

It's Rhapsody Blue.

Lots more info including b-roll video of the exterior and interior. Check out the front and rear lighting in the exterior b-roll.

https://media.lincoln.com/content/lincolnmedia/lna/us/en/continental-concept.html

The grill is made up of Lincoln symbol outlines. Cool, but it's taking me awhile to warm up to it. The rest is gorgeous.

Nailed it. :)

Depends on the angle. Didn't like the grille at first, but different angles look better.

This quote from Mark Fields is very important.

The production vehicle is pretty much finished from a styling standpoint. The concept vehicle is built by hand based on the finished production vehicle. This will be just like all the recent concepts - MKC, MKX, etc. Other than wheels, door handles (hope they keep the new ones) and maybe mirrors and minor details, this is the production vehicle.

The production vehicle is pretty much finished from a styling standpoint. The concept vehicle is built by hand based on the finished production vehicle. This will be just like all the recent concepts - MKC, MKX, etc. Other than wheels, door handles (hope they keep the new ones) and maybe mirrors and minor details, this is the production vehicle.

Thanks to Mulally! Glad to see that idea has stuck around.

Looks great to me-shades of the 427 concept cleaned up IMO. Now just hope the engine is North/South-but there I go, clinging to my old roots! I guess only reason for that would be RWD standard, with AWD as an option.

If Sergio can make that work with the 300, Ford should be able to do the same. Again, what are economics of RWD vs AWD? And if from a manufacturing perspective there is significant economy in RWD production, not everyone needs/appreciates the "benefits" of AWD.

At least BMW, MB think so.

• Like 1

Not sure you could use that as a "barometer" to judge engine placement....the Bentley Continental GT has similar spacing, yet is permanent AWD and has a longitudinally (aka: north/south) mounted W12 engine....

2013-bentley-continental-gt-speed-w12-si

That's a coupe, though. On the Jag XF you can see the difference:

2013-jaguar-xf-awd-inline-2-photo-469629

... and here's the Flying Spur sedan with the same spacing as the Continental GT:

bentley-continental-flying-spur-2013-c54

Edited by papilgee4evaeva