Where's the outrage....

Tier2

They're all a bunch of Hypocrites!!! They constantly say how we need to get our pay down closer to asian autoworkers so we can stay competitive. Toyota's CEO earned $1.7 million and Honda's earned $1.5 million last year. If they want us to be like the Asians they gotta start at the top.

• Like 2

Well I can't afford to support my family and pay all my bills when I'm earning less than I did over a decade ago. Mark Fields got over 80% raise from last year. We can't even get a 1% raise. I can't see IUAW getting us one this contract either. How can a bunch of uneducated shop guys who are only where they are because they had a friend get them promoted to IUAW compete with Fords team of Ivy League lawyers??? Years ago UAW got what they wanted through threat of strikes and members sticking together. Today the company knows IUAW is weak and have no balls whatsoever, and membership is divided.

• Like 2

I remember a time when the ridiculous compensation given to the upper level positions was rationalized and sold to the general public by saying "top dollar must be paid to attract and hold top talent". Now that there is huge disparity between people who hold the same title at different companies with comparable profits, there is NO reason offered.....it is just the way it is. Oh yeah....paying top dollar was not enough to keep Mulally on board, it just allowed him to demand more than the $22million/year he got at Ford from his next sucker...I mean employer

• Like 2

The general public blames higher vehicle prices on hourly workers instead of the people that are enjoying + 25% raises on salary in the millions.

We ALL gave up wages & benefits while others enjoyed a nice increase and it did not lower the vehicle cost $1.

I do not begrudge well paid executives for a job well done but its getting even more out of whack while the IUAW voted for a dues increase for a job not done and going backwards........lucky us, LOL!

• Like 3